Welcome To aBlackWeb

Being confrontational in the black community

i cant speak for everybody but that shit is like a disease

its frustrating as hell living like that for so long and then trying to transition out of it....which goes deeper then just being confrontational but thats another thread

its way easier to let shit slide today because im not mad at life and threatened by everything....which also makes it easier to look back and see why so many people act like that

mines was tryna coddle me........

trying to convince me shit wasn't my fault..

like bitch i ain't 12... i have something called accountability
Like i said.

We need course correction.

Help me not even get close to thinking about needing to count to ten.

i did learn why i like turtles and lions so much....

i relate to lions cuz of their rage, and actions..

i envy turtles cuz they just drift through water like it's space and just let the waves carry them doing very little to try to control anything.

deep down i want that kinda peace and carefree attitude which is why i find them so majestic and beautiful...

but until i lean how to let go ofshit i'll never be there..

and sadly i'll prolly never be there, cuz i'm aggy as shit

weed is prolly the closest i'll ever get, lol

The birth of my first child changed everything for me. I'll still speak my mind but before I do I analyze the pros and cons of going off on a muthafucka.

We all gotta break the cycle of black parents getting killed or locked up so it's nice to have this thread to vent and figure out how we can all make it to be grandparents.

Being there for your children HAS to trump your pride and ego. It's soooooo fucking hard but we gotta let shit slide sometimes.

Where we come from the weak get prayed on. So even if you arent a confrontational soul, you have to at least mimmick a level of aggression to be seen as easy pray. Eventually that mimmick becomes a ingrained in ur actual character.

To the point that when u dont react with that aggression, u feel a personal sting to ur own self worth. You feel pussy, feel pussy about a situation you logically should have left alone anyway.

But when u think about it, our level of pussy, is the rest of the worlds level of aggression. We hold ourselves to, to high a standard when it comes to the strength and confidence we feel we have to display..

Most of us, I'm talking bout the reasonable of us...

Street niggaz can go be tough

Ima Troy Ave

View attachment 116201
this kinda like asking someone why do they stroll. 9.5 dudes will say because it shows other people to not mess with you.
but why must you display this?
who is in control of you? who said you must walk this way to not get picked on?
is your environment dictating your movements that much?

some interesting posts in here that are very powerful.

but why do we hold ourselves to such a high standard for fukk niggas but wont hold ourselves to the same standard to rise above and to our greatness?

its called false confidence.

everyone has to go thru kid shit like fighting.....but we are the only people it seems to never grow out of proving ones self on a teenage level.

we are grown men.

i dont blame the environment as much as i blame the lack of competent elders and respectful youth.

most of us are in the middle.

The rules never change.
Just the stage.

It always has been and always will be survival of the strongest

The rules never change.
Just the stage.

It always has been and always will be survival of the strongest
Or survival of the most adaptable.
Growth brings flexibility.

You can choose to fight or walk away without feeling like you lost anything because what's really important is why you want to stay around and adapt.

I feel you because people out here habitually line steppin or putting themselves over everyone else but you had all the power in the situation so I'm glad it stopped there. It dont take much more than a dude in his feelings to change everything. Could have got into with his girl because he didn't say anything to you and now he carrying all that with him for the rest of the day.

I disagree. About the black part. White people get shot everyday by their own neighbors for disagreements. Whites stay in confrontations from road rage. I said before on the IC about seeing some white guy get out his car at a light to confront someone who flipped him off, knocking on their window. This country is confrontational period. Notice we the only ones with mass shooters.

That's my whole thing.

Its there....

That anger, frustration, whatever you wanna call that emotion.... Pride, ego, whatever... It's there... It presented it's ugly head, and it has to come out.

I don't wanna constantly internalize it and consequently attack some other area of my life as a result. Going to work mad, coming home mad, spazzing out in some random place.....

I wanna direct it 100% at what caused it, that way if it goes over board at least it was warranted.

My kids don't deserve to get yelled at cuz some asshole took up two spots and I didn't wanna say nuffin...

But a lotta people bite their tongue and then go home and take it out on their loved ones...

That ain't it IMO
Its wasted energy though. Did he move? If not then what did you accomplish?

Do you think as a people we are to confrontational?

Do you think that attributes to the high number of murders in the black community?

How difficult is it for you to let shit slide.

My mom got mad at me today cuz after church we went to Popeye's. And this nigga had his car sideways in like two spots in front of the restaurant .And we had to park like on the other side.

So when I got out to go in, I pointed the shit out to the nigga and told him the shit was mad inconsiderate, and just walked in before him or his chick could say anything back...

They both were staring at me, but I could give Fuck less, cuz me in my simple mind just KNEW they wanted no issues....

When I got back to the car with the food, I got an ear full about being a parent now, and having to be here for my kid's... And that's what's wrong with niggaz now... They always feel they gotta say something.... Sometimes it ain't worth it...

And that made me think. Is it really not worth it.

Theres a lot of crazy shit going on in the world, and change comes from action. Letting shit go ain't action.

So how do you feel we should address aggression and confrontations in the black community. Should we as a people let more shit slide?

Let's talk about it

Moms was right.

You could've ended up like that dude in Florida who got killed a while back because of his wife parking in a handicap space.

Granted, the shooting definitely wasn't justified.......but you just never know what direction a situation like that is gonna take.

Not worth the risk in the long run.

Moms was right.

You could've ended up like that dude in Florida who got killed a while back because of his wife parking in a handicap space.

Granted, the shooting definitely wasn't justified.......but you just never know what direction a situation like that is gonna take.

Not worth the risk in the long run.
That story bothers me so much cuz unless I do some jet li shit word to nas, i get shot 10 times outta 10 if I come out the store and see some dude standing over my wife talking shit

Back