Welcome To aBlackWeb

Being confrontational in the black community

Do you think as a people we are to confrontational?

Do you think that attributes to the high number of murders in the black community?

How difficult is it for you to let shit slide.

My mom got mad at me today cuz after church we went to Popeye's. And this nigga had his car sideways in like two spots in front of the restaurant .And we had to park like on the other side.

So when I got out to go in, I pointed the shit out to the nigga and told him the shit was mad inconsiderate, and just walked in before him or his chick could say anything back...

They both were staring at me, but I could give Fuck less, cuz me in my simple mind just KNEW they wanted no issues....

When I got back to the car with the food, I got an ear full about being a parent now, and having to be here for my kid's... And that's what's wrong with niggaz now... They always feel they gotta say something.... Sometimes it ain't worth it...

And that made me think. Is it really not worth it.

Theres a lot of crazy shit going on in the world, and change comes from action. Letting shit go ain't action.

So how do you feel we should address aggression and confrontations in the black community. Should we as a people let more shit slide?

Let's talk about it
ya mom is right.....
you are a parent and need to walk away.
be there for your kid and not your pride,.
the pride of caring for your kid should be more important.

i dont know you personally but i think once you said your dad wasnt really around.
dont do that to your kids.....because you need to point shit out to another nigga.

it just takes that one time to run into another du type dude ....then someone might not make it home..

its not being a bitch...its being available to your family

and yes i do think we are too fucking fast to start some shit over nothing.

it took until i moved out the hood to realize i was just as dumb for nothing and saw how fast shit can escalate over dumb shit.

and most of the time we are quick to come at our own but less likely to press the issue with anyone else.

this is my type of topic.......even tho if i made it you nigga woulda took it the wrong way.....but whatever.

lol I be thinking to myself all the time "ima fuck around and get shot one day", cuz I aint biting my tongue for shit. My moms gave me the same lecture a thousand times, I can't do it. I told her it's her fault too, while all the other kids were watching cartoons I watched nothing but Martin re-runs, how the hell else she think I was gonna turn out...
giphy.gif

Plus I feel like if I held that shit in, I'd fuck around and implode on some Me Myself and Irene type shit.
my nigga ....implode why?

because you feeling like you didnt do nothing?

how did you get to the point of thinking no action means bitch made?

Shit man I left my nephew he asking me when I’m coming back....5 mins later anihga pull a gun.... I spent days thinking what if the next thing my nephew saw after I left was me sprawled out....y’all niggas gotta learn to relax and walk away from shit u can walk away from or one day someone gonna make sure u can t walk at all

I had to learn to walk away from shit. I've never really been the confrontational type, but I was really quick to jump 'cause I've had anger issues since I was a kid.

Shit man I left my nephew he asking me when I’m coming back....5 mins later anihga pull a gun.... I spent days thinking what if the next thing my nephew saw after I left was me sprawled out....y’all niggas gotta learn to relax and walk away from shit u can walk away from or one day someone gonna make sure u can t walk at all
i think alot of people dont understand who is watching them and trying to mimic them.

just because they dont make themselves known...doesnt mean you are not being copied.

so when us adults do fucked up shit,......the youngins are watching and thinking it ok.

I had to learn to walk away from shit. I've never really been the confrontational type, but I was really quick to jump 'cause I've had anger issues since I was a kid.
this is me....
i hated fighting because i had to fight so much.....over dumb shit. but my anger didnt help matters.

but as for the OP.

we have to learn how to communicate......niggas take everything as a slight or a stab at them.
fuck asking for clarity......they think people always want to shit on them.

but why?
whats easier....to ask for clarity or going from 0-100? i guess asking for clarity may seem weak? i dunno.

but communication is the biggest issue.....alot of us never learned to communicate.

and top that off with not knowing how to articulate....trying to get your point across and niggas looking confused.....tends to anger people.

patience is another thing. as is taking ownership of your actions when you are wrong.
a simple my fault can de-escalate alot of shit.

this is a great topic to talk about.

im all in.

That's my whole thing.

Its there....

That anger, frustration, whatever you wanna call that emotion.... Pride, ego, whatever... It's there... It presented it's ugly head, and it has to come out.

I don't wanna constantly internalize it and consequently attack some other area of my life as a result. Going to work mad, coming home mad, spazzing out in some random place.....

I wanna direct it 100% at what caused it, that way if it goes over board at least it was warranted.

My kids don't deserve to get yelled at cuz some asshole took up two spots and I didn't wanna say nuffin...

But a lotta people bite their tongue and then go home and take it out on their loved ones...

That ain't it IMO
props for this.

it may just be deeper than you know.

you seem like a smart dude....i am sure you'll get to the bottom of it.

and it may be something complete opposite of what you may be thinking.

shit you may just be mad at dude for being a nigga and fucking it up for others.

Bruh they killed like 5 people within 100ft of my home in the past year....

If someone even ask me for change when I'm getting out my car at night, they fuck around and not make it.

I really wanted to keep this house in the family, continue to pass it down. Try to rebuild the community. Not let another one go....

But I'm at my breaking point.
damn bruh.......shit we need a beer.

i also have stories for days...i been where you are.
you may just need to relocate until you can figure out how to handle shit.
cuz if dudes see you controlling yourself but about to buss...they gonna fuck with you just to see you lose it.
but you can do all you said...from a distance....love your people from a distance.

there is a reason some people leave but still help out.

Id been gone.

Wife without a husband
Kids without a father.

That quick
as you typed this......why would reacting to dude mean more than your wife and kids?
you reacting to dude and possibly losing your life could inturn make you son one of those dudes that took your life.

we need more males in the communities that can hold it together.....
this is a time when you need to sit and pray for clarity.
you are at a crossroads.....only one way to move forward.
you can raise your son and daughter and watch them graduate and talk shit about their first car or you can have your mother crying her eyes out because she lost apart of her, your wife feeling cheated out of her happiness and your kids feeling cheated that dont have a dad no more.

like i said ...you a smart dude.
do a fast.....pray for clarity
and go somewhere quiet and just be alone with your thoughts.

you'll figure it out. you may just need a reset.
when you figure it out...you can be a testament of choosing manhood of the hood hood.
you'll be a better father and husband and son and community leader.

dont let some fuck nigga take away something great from your family.
dont leave the women and kids unsafe to be preyed on.

i did alot of growing up ata time.
just my 2 cents.

Where we come from the weak get prayed on. So even if you arent a confrontational soul, you have to at least mimmick a level of aggression to be seen as easy pray. Eventually that mimmick becomes a ingrained in ur actual character.

To the point that when u dont react with that aggression, u feel a personal sting to ur own self worth. You feel pussy, feel pussy about a situation you logically should have left alone anyway.

But when u think about it, our level of pussy, is the rest of the worlds level of aggression. We hold ourselves to, to high a standard when it comes to the strength and confidence we feel we have to display..

Most of us, I'm talking bout the reasonable of us...

Street niggaz can go be tough

Ima Troy Ave

rat.gif

Im still shocked i havent been shot yet.

I am working at it tho.

Just... shitty driving seems to be a trigger for me.

Staring doesnt bother me as much as it use to.

People getting too close to me seems to be a new trigger for me... Especially in the gym.

Slow people that walk down the middle of the hallway, staircase etc. get cussed out constantly.

I also notice that I no longer have the patience to deal with teachers... I just hate the way they talk. They seem to be too selective in the words they use, almost as if its a type of selective omission. Hell most times they talk like that Doctor from Arrested Development.

Like I get that all you do is talk to kids all day, but gotdamn! How the fuck can you not properly convey yourself to an adult and yet im suppose to trust that you are doing your job as a teacher?

Back