Welcome To aBlackWeb

Being confrontational in the black community

Duwop

Savage Garden ⬛
Mod Squad
Do you think as a people we are to confrontational?

Do you think that attributes to the high number of murders in the black community?

How difficult is it for you to let shit slide.

My mom got mad at me today cuz after church we went to Popeye's. And this nigga had his car sideways in like two spots in front of the restaurant .And we had to park like on the other side.

So when I got out to go in, I pointed the shit out to the nigga and told him the shit was mad inconsiderate, and just walked in before him or his chick could say anything back...

They both were staring at me, but I could give Fuck less, cuz me in my simple mind just KNEW they wanted no issues....

When I got back to the car with the food, I got an ear full about being a parent now, and having to be here for my kid's... And that's what's wrong with niggaz now... They always feel they gotta say something.... Sometimes it ain't worth it...

And that made me think. Is it really not worth it.

Theres a lot of crazy shit going on in the world, and change comes from action. Letting shit go ain't action.

So how do you feel we should address aggression and confrontations in the black community. Should we as a people let more shit slide?

Let's talk about it

lol I be thinking to myself all the time "ima fuck around and get shot one day", cuz I aint biting my tongue for shit. My moms gave me the same lecture a thousand times, I can't do it. I told her it's her fault too, while all the other kids were watching cartoons I watched nothing but Martin re-runs, how the hell else she think I was gonna turn out...
giphy.gif

Plus I feel like if I held that shit in, I'd fuck around and implode on some Me Myself and Irene type shit.

Depends on the situation. I'm more wary around young niggas, cause they trigger happy, doped up and looking for beef for clout purposes. Im always surveying my surroundings when I'm out and about.

Nothing wrong with addressing issues just like there's nothing wrong in backing away from a situation that could turn volatile.

That's my whole thing.

Its there....

That anger, frustration, whatever you wanna call that emotion.... Pride, ego, whatever... It's there... It presented it's ugly head, and it has to come out.

I don't wanna constantly internalize it and consequently attack some other area of my life as a result. Going to work mad, coming home mad, spazzing out in some random place.....

I wanna direct it 100% at what caused it, that way if it goes over board at least it was warranted.

My kids don't deserve to get yelled at cuz some asshole took up two spots and I didn't wanna say nuffin...

But a lotta people bite their tongue and then go home and take it out on their loved ones...

That ain't it IMO

Some shit just isn't worth getting into a confrontation over. Where that line is drawn depends on the person though and that's a judgement call each of us has to make for ourselves. Something that may be slight shit to me.. might be a major fuckin issue to someone else and vice versa.

holding shit in aint healthy tho lol so if you feel you need to say something.. let that shit out.

That being said...You can address a situation without being disrespectful, rude, loud etc. or you can get on some rah rah shit... as long as ur willing to take on whatever comes after that.

Aww man. I’m so confrontational but I’ve actually calmed down compared to when I was on my 20’s.
I used to embarrass niggaz Kandy....

Like bad....I remember I threw a party once, and this nigga was geeking...I jacked him up and threw him in the girls bathroom. Had him all against the wall..... Chicks was prolly laughing at him...

He ended up shooting up the parking lot that night.... But yea....I had to chill

People tend to be emotional hypocritical and hot headed so year it's truth to that not just black people but some of us feel that is the only way to be and it's dangerous given people's insecurity and sensitivity

Im confrontational because I’m not just gonna let anybody talk to me or handle me any kind of way. I have a hard time letting shit slide because IM GONNA LET YOU KNOW! I’m not gonna let people spread false information about me, disrespect me or approach me with false information regarding me.

That be a bigger person shit, nah. I’m not gonna be the bigger person if I necessarily don’t have to. Sometimes being the bigger person make the other person feel like they can keep trying you. Not gonna happen captain.

I popped off in New Orleans just last weekend. Nobody gonna handle me unless you’re my nigga and we fuckn(And that’s a maybe) or my parents.

I believe its due to our past traumas and yhe hostile environments we grow up in. We act out in anger as a response to repressed emotions or survival.

Unfortunately, violence was the first go to in my house growing up so I've always been very angry and aggressive.

Over the years I made progress, but I think its been a huge leap over the last few years. I got too much to lose now. I remind myself that I don't want to fuck up my life over dumb shit so I try to stay away from what sets me off. That and working on my self discipline.

I used to embarrass niggaz Kandy....

Like bad....I remember I threw a party once, and this nigga was geeking...I jacked him up and threw him in the girls bathroom. Had him all against the wall..... Chicks was prolly laughing at him...

He ended up shooting up the parking lot that night.... But yea....I had to chill
Yea I had to chill when I realized I was always fighting other people’s battles. Best friend got cheated on, I’m out there busting windows out his car and running up on him because of her. Hit his baby mama with a bat. Lmaoooooooo that poor girl didn’t see it coming. I still got that bat.

I used to do tooo much.

I believe its due to our past traumas and yhe hostile environments we grow up in. We act out in anger as a response to repressed emotions or survival.

Unfortunately, violence was the first go to in my house growing up so I've always been very angry and aggressive.

Over the years I made progress, but I think its been a huge leap over the last few years. I got too much to lose now. I remind myself that I don't want to fuck up my life over dumb shit so I try to stay away from what sets me off. That and working on my self discipline.
That’s crazy because we didn’t have violence in our home. I grew up pretty great. I don’t think I’ve ever heard my parents argue. My mama always spoke her mind though. I got that from her and my daddy is a real nigga. He so laid back but not at the same time. It’s crazy. He don’t let shit slide either.

Back