Welcome To aBlackWeb

Bartender worked 70+ hrs and got $9.21 paycheck. Says this is why you tip.

Nigga my 1st post didn't quote anybody. It was a general statement about tipping service workers in general because that's what the topic had expanded to by then and then you quoted me. You the one who quoted me bragging about being a doorman

Whut? You were throwing subs.

So wait some of ya'll really think they're clearing thousands upon thousands of dollars in tips and out here balling out or some shit? For real? Also interesting to note just how quickly capitalism and that good ol American "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" came out in these comments. But "fuck the system" right...

Lol. Notice she doesn't mention her take home on tips. Don't feel sorry for them. Feel sorry for the average bar/club security who actually hold shit together, keep them safe and walk away with less in 2 weeks than some of these chicks make in a night.

Shout out to the bar backs too. The real MVP's. Iykyk.

Working in that environment is all about your hustle.

Like I said whatever. Can't remedy your feelings.

Been all over the world literally ... shit I even tip at all inclusive resorts

You get a better grade of alcohol when you tip the bartenders at all-inclusives in Mexico. The spot I usually go to I start out with a 200 peso tip to each bartender in the place to make sure they know my face (not hard, a lot of times we're one of maybe 3-4 Black couples there anyways). Then hit 'em with 50 pesos here and there and I get the better liquors every pour and stronger drinks.

Comical the number of idiots commenting without even looking at the video. She said 'of course I got tips'. So, there you have it. She is capping. Probably made $100 in tips every night.

I know what you mean. Gentrification is a tricky subject. Progress isn't bad and some places do need to be cleaned up. It's just messed up how it's always done to enrich investors at the expense of the people already living in those areas. That's the American way though.

Yeah. I'm not gonna lie Suitland has needed to be cleaned up for years. There's alot that goes on on that long ass street that PG County long tried to pretend doesn't exist. Thats why i always laughed at the idea people have of PG being some affluent suburbs of well to do Black folks. PG is the literal definition of classism in real time. The divide between those that have and those that don't is very real

Whut? You were throwing subs.

Like I said whatever. Can't remedy your feelings.

Funny you talked about moving goal posts and now you're doing it. Went from "you were quoting me" to "you were throwing subs". I don't do subs. If i think something being said is stupid i do just that and call it out. You wanted me to quote every single post that said something dumb before i responded? That post was a general one because it was directed at anybody who was saying the stupid shit on the pages before it.

Yeah. I'm not gonna lie Suitland has needed to be cleaned up for years. There's alot that goes on on that long ass street that PG County long tried to pretend doesn't exist. Thats why i always laughed at the idea people have of PG being some affluent suburbs of well to do Black folks. PG is the literal definition of classism in real time. The divide between those that have and those that don't is very real

lol I basically live on that dividing line.

You get a better grade of alcohol when you tip the bartenders at all-inclusives in Mexico. The spot I usually go to I start out with a 200 peso tip to each bartender in the place to make sure they know my face (not hard, a lot of times we're one of maybe 3-4 Black couples there anyways). Then hit 'em with 50 pesos here and there and I get the better liquors every pour and stronger drinks.
You already know lol

I should of proof read, but I ment if it isnt at least like 30%, its seen as not really a good tip. Shit is getting spooky.
Lol was gonna say I do 20% normally. Got friends who bartend and the such so I just try to look ppl out. You get more for legit great service

Lol was gonna say I do 20% normally. Got friends who bartend and the such so I just try to look ppl out. You get more for legit great service
Id think thats a good tip, but when you got most white people extremely terrified of being labeled a bad tipper, so they drop at least 30% no matter the service. So even if we give 20% for ight service, they're mumbling and calling us nigger and still telling everyone black people dont tip well. Another lose lose for black people in America smh.

I never do the % tip, I always tip by 5's

Tipped $20 on a $70 meal last night. The server was funny, attentive, knowledgeable and she even took our pics at the end

Id think thats a good tip, but when you got most white people extremely terrified of being labeled a bad tipper, so they drop at least 30% no matter the service. So even if we give 20% for ight service, they're mumbling and calling us nigger and still telling everyone black people dont tip well. Another lose lose for black people in America smh.
Facts and considering tipping was a trap in the first for blacks to not be paid respectable wages, this further grows another branch issue with the over the top tipping by white folks putting blacks in a bind of bad perception in hospitality

Back