Welcome To aBlackWeb

Bartender worked 70+ hrs and got $9.21 paycheck. Says this is why you tip.

I tip out of habit at this point. good service, ok service, top notch service doesnt matter to me. the concept of poor/middle class folks having to “earn” my money is so corny, no matter how you slice it.

classist bullshit up and down.
its even more funny when folks in the same class (working poor) are out here acting like billionares and millionares with this “youre beneath me” attitude

“get a better a job”

boy i tell you, the colonized always wind up sounding like colonizers

#embarrassing

I tip out of habit at this point. good service, ok service, top notch service doesnt matter to me. the concept of poor/middle class folks having to “earn” my money is so corny, no matter how you slice it.

its even more funny when folks in the same class (working poor) are out here acting like billionares and millionares with this “youre beneath me” attitude

“get a better a job”

#embarrassing

I see where you're coming from, but expecting a person to do a good job to earn the money they're paid isn't elitist. There's no job in the world where the person handing out the money doesn't have expectations for the person working to earn the money.

I get some of the responses in here are oboxious, but it's not wrong for a patron to expect a server to give good service to earn the tip. Being able to adjust your tip based on the quality of the service is literally the only benefit of having to tip vs just paying a service fee.

I see where you're coming from, but expecting a person to do a good job to earn the money they're paid isn't elitist. There's no job in the world where the person handing out the money doesn't have expectations for the person working to earn the money.

I get some of the responses in here are oboxious, but it's not wrong for a patron to expect a server to give good service to earn the tip. Being able to adjust your tip based on the quality of the service is literally the only benefit of having to tip vs just paying a service fee.

I disagree totally.
then again, i dont view money the same as everybody else.

I disagree totally.
then again, i dont view money the same as everybody else.

Fair enough.

I always tip. I have left shitty tips for horrible service and over-the-top tips for great service. It wasn't about elitism for me. I didn't think better than the server. The tip just reflected my feelings based on the service I received. More often than not, I usually tip around 18% since that's the standard in DC.

Fair enough.

I always tip. I have left shitty tips for horrible service and over-the-top tips for great service. It wasn't about elitism for me. I didn't think it was about me being better than the server. The tip just reflected my feelings based on the service I received. More often than not, I usually tip around 18% since that's the standard in DC.

didnt know you lived in d.c
great city minus the gentrification

didnt know you lived in d.c
great city minus the gentrification

I actually live in PG County, the black suburbs right outside of DC. The gentrification in DC is sickening though. It wouldn't be so bad if the gentrifiers weren't such pricks,. DC has actually tried and had limited success with protecting the blackness of the city. Still, the gentrifiers are out of control. It seems like being an asshole goes hand in hand with gentrification. It's bad enough that even the white people who group up in the DC area don't like the white invaders. lol

I actually live in PG County, the black suburbs right outside of DC. The gentrification in DC is sickening though. It wouldn't be so bad if the gentrifiers weren't such pricks,. DC has actually tried and had limited success with protecting the blackness of the city. Still, the gentrifiers are out of control. It seems like being an asshole goes hand in hand with gentrification. It's bad enough that even the white people who group up in the DC area don't like the white invaders. lol

As odd as it may sound PG is also being heavily gentrified too. And by Black people not just white folks...yes black people can gentrify a place too

“get a better a job”

#embarrassing

I've said before niggas get real "American" when certain topics come up.

As odd as it may sound PG is also being heavily gentrified too. And by Black people not just white folks...yes black people can gentrify a place too

Yeah, I know. I get calls every day from people wanting to buy my house at market price so they can put in a little work and jack the price up.

Do y'all tip more in the restaurants that have the tip already included?

Unless I know someone working there or running the place no.

I kinda take the auto gratuity as disrespect. Cause a lot of times that's optional on the servers part. They decided you weren't gonna tip so they added that to the bill. Me and my niggas tipping tipping cause most of us work or have worked the industry so we get it. You put it on auto gratuity you're shorting yourself with me.

If I'm a guest of someone working there and only going to the restaurant cause they invited me or put me on to the spot I'm gonna big them up by blessing the server w a big tip. So next time we come through they know. If niggas I'm with not stepping out like that I'm not stepping out with them after that. You only get 1 of those with me.

No it's called a discussion. They often touch on multiple things at the same time.

No you quoted a post where I was talking in specifics about bartenders, bars and nightclubs then shifted to waitresses at ihop and restaurants to get your shit off.

Its whatever.

Do y'all tip more in the restaurants that have the tip already included?

depends. theres one place i rarely tip and thats south beach (miami) because gratuity be 20% of the bill in some cases

plus some servers wont even let you tip them out there or maybe theyve been instructed to not accept extra tips??? idk ive had servers flat out tell me no when i tried to give them an extra tip

Yeah, I know. I get calls every day from people wanting to buy my house at market price so they can put in a little work and jack the price up.

I grew up in Suitland right on Suitland Rd. Right near the top where Suitland and Silver Hill Rd intersect. They've torn that entire shopping center and the apartments behind them and have started building those luxury style overpriced apartments. It doesn't even fit the area. Looks ugly as fuck. I hate seeing that shit everytime i leave my aunts house who still lives on Suitland Rd.

No it's called a discussion. They often touch on multiple things at the same time.
Very true. Niggas don’t like it when it drifts in a direction they can’t comprehend or it takes too much brain power.
but freeman ain’t one of them dudes. He goes with the flow.

No you quoted a post where I was talking in specifics about bartenders, bars and nightclubs then shifted to waitresses at ihop and restaurants to get your shit off.

Its whatever.

Nigga my 1st post didn't quote anybody. It was a general statement about tipping service workers in general because that's what the topic had expanded to by then and then you quoted me. You the one who quoted me bragging about being a doorman

I grew up in Suitland right on Suitland Rd. Right near the top where Suitland and Silver Hill Rd intersect. They've torn that entire shopping center and the apartments behind them and have started building those luxury style overpriced apartments. It doesn't even fit the area. Looks ugly as fuck. I hate seeing that shit everytime i leave my aunts house who still lives on Suitland Rd.

I know what you mean. Gentrification is a tricky subject. Progress isn't bad and some places do need to be cleaned up. It's just messed up how it's always done to enrich investors at the expense of the people already living in those areas. That's the American way though.

Back