Welcome To aBlackWeb

Are you still listening to R. Kelly?

I never knew what a psyco Kellz was until I saw the Surviving doc...

Like, I knew he married or dated Aaliyah when she was 16 and there was the whole video tape thing but he claimed it wasnt him and I never saw it, so I guess you could say I choose to naively give him the benefit of the doubt or even overlook it because he was never convicted and I loved his music, it was the soundtrack to my youth and I so got many great memories tied to his songs... and he was arguably one of the greatest singer/songwriters of all time too...

Until I saw the documentary, I never knew he did fckd up sh!t like cruise McDonalds carparks looking for school kids, did sh!t like lock up his wife and not allow her to leave their room without his permission, fck with his friends niece or sister (something like that) and cut girls off from their families and all the other grimey sh!t... So yeah I just cant rock with his music anymore...

Saying that, theres been a few times his tunes have popped up on my shuffle and Ive let them run but I cant get that same feeling from them that I used to get...

Last edited:
Lmao you know my point though

I do. The difference is that I'm not suggesting we highlight R Kelly's good qualities in spite of his bad ones. I'm saying him being a shit human being doesn't mean that anyone has to act like his art was bad. You can think I Believe I Can Fly is good song while simultaneously thinking that R Kelly is a scumbag.

Not on the regular,but I just ran through the whole first 20 something Trapped in the closets, because Primm made a video about the first few parts.

That nigga R kelly is a sick man,not just for what he's in jail for,but for even thinking up that series.

"He said bitch Moooove","she Mooooved!!!!!!"

Fuck him overall,but his musical talent can't be denied.

The last time I actually checked for his album was the album with Usher on it and I'm a Flirt.I mean I bought it bootleg.

I woudn't be proudly bumpin his music through the streets,but if a song comes on I like I might play it.

I don't support that nigga though.

Never was a big Kells fan to begin with but if something comes up on the playlist, I'll still let it ride. I probably got like 5 of his songs in my catologue

I do. The difference is that I'm not suggesting we highlight R Kelly's good qualities in spite of his bad ones. I'm saying him being a shit human being doesn't mean that anyone has to act like his art was bad. You can think I Believe I Can Fly is good song while simultaneously thinking that R Kelly is a scumbag.
But that’s my point with Adolf though

I can believe he was a scumbag while also marveling at the way he can handle a crowd

but we on the same page

let me stop mentioning the fuhrer though

We're a bit selective with our outrage too. RKelly deserves to be demonized, but most of us rap fans support the hell out of at least one artist that dealt drugs, robbed people, and likely worse.

We're a bit selective with our outrage too. RKelly deserves to be demonized, but most of us rap fans support the hell out of at least one artist that dealt drugs, robbed people, and likely worse.

yeah dealing drugs and raping young girls dont fall in the same category jack

I don't believe it makes much sense to not partake of something a person creates just because that person is bad. If we applied to everything, we'd be living like we were in the Stone Age right now because a lot of our modern advancements were implemented by bad people. That said, it's perfectly fine to make sure that nothing you do benefits R Kelly.

So on topic. I've never been a big fan of his, but I do have some of his music in my collection. I'm not deleting that music or skipping it when it comes on, but I'm also not buy any albums or doing anything else that would put money in his pocket.

excuses rape
excuses rapist
and excuses police

you need help

yeah dealing drugs and raping young girls dont fall in the same category jack

I'm not going to get into parsing the severity of crimes. The point is that there are rappers out there who admit drug dealing, robbery, assault, and attempted murder. Regardless of whether or not you think any of those things are as bad as preying on teenage girls, the point is a lot of the musicians we like were bad people at one time or another.

excuses rape
excuses rapist
and excuses police

you need help

I've never really thought you were all that bright, but I'm really starting to think that you're severely mentally deficient. Explain to me how I excused anything R Kelly has done.

matter of fact. how can you listen to kels whose catalog of songs are mainly sexual, and not think about him peddling around schools and parks lusting after young girls

nigga created them songs with 13 yr olds in mind

yall r sick and so is he

The nigga has too many timeless classics to just throw away, y'all don't have to listen to his music but I'll continue to do so

Back