Welcome To aBlackWeb

Are you still listening to R. Kelly?

Man if you niggas don't stop. I was too young to understand but was the same niggas clowning the senior for dating the freshman or sophmore

I do. The difference is that I'm not suggesting we highlight R Kelly's good qualities in spite of his bad ones. I'm saying him being a shit human being doesn't mean that anyone has to act like his art was bad. You can think I Believe I Can Fly is good song while simultaneously thinking that R Kelly is a scumbag.

tenor (27).gif

This is another point that doesn't make sense because a large part of the people who currently started this newest wave of anti R. Kelly sentiments aren't people.who grew up on his music. They're mainly people in their mid to late 20s who didn't grow up with the same attachment to his music as the people in their mid to late 30s and 40s who are his strongest defenders.

exactly

1) Read the last thing I said. You can cancel Kels all you want, just don't force that shit on others.

2) Whitney wasn't the only person I brought up. I also brought up known women beaters such as David Ruffin, Miles Davis, and Dr. Dre. I could've brought up Big Pun too, if I wanted. What then?

3) Drug abuse effects a whole family, and Whitney was no different. Word - and RIP - to Bobbi Kristina.

You can't find in my initial post you responded to where I forced anything on others. I just stated my opinion on the shit niggas use to defend listening to him. Your response was a case of "hit dogs holler". I also wouldn't look at someone funny if they said they didn't listen to any of those other artist listed. I've actually said before that Big Pun went from being one of my favorite rappers to someone I couldn't listen to once I saw that video of him chasing his wife with a gun.

Yes drug abuse affects a whole family, but to still try and compare it to someone who is literally abusing children is a hell of a connection to try and make. People make excuses to enjoy shit from people all they time. Nobody is above that, but the niggas who go above and beyond to defend R. Kelly as if something is wrong with people for not wanting to hear it will always stand out as some stupid shit.

You can't find in my initial post you responded to where I forced anything on others. I just stated my opinion on the shit niggas use to defend listening to him. Your response was a case of "hit dogs holler". I also wouldn't look at someone funny if they said they didn't listen to any of those other artist listed. I've actually said before that Big Pun went from being one of my favorite rappers to someone I couldn't listen to once I saw that video of him chasing his wife with a gun.

Yes drug abuse affects a whole family, but to still try and compare it to someone who is literally abusing children is a hell of a connection to try and make. People make excuses to enjoy shit from people all they time. Nobody is above that, but the niggas who go above and beyond to defend R. Kelly as if something is wrong with people for not wanting to hear it will always stand out as some stupid shit.
That's the point.

No one should have to make ANY excuse for why they would or not listen/but from him, or anyone else....

I also referenced Nazi collectables and John Wayne Gacy memorablia. They've done MUCH worse than Robert, and their artwork sells. Art and life can be separated, and to assume on others IS taking the 'holier than thou' path.

That's the point.

No one should have to make ANY excuse for why they would or not listen/but from him, or anyone else....

I also referenced Nazi collectables and John Wayne Gacy memorablia. They've done MUCH worse than Robert, and their artwork sells. Art and life can be separated, and to assume on others IS taking the 'holier than thou' path.

And I'd still hold the same opinion for the people who buy those things. Of course people can separate art and life, but when the art is so closely connected to and admittedly inspired by that person's life given whatever the trangressions may be then some may not be able to do that. And people shouldn't have to do much, but we live in a society where people look at things others enjoy for entertainment as a sign of what type of person they are. So when something you enjoy is directly connected to a person that did something we all know is fucked up then people are going to have questions about that. You, a general you not personal, don't have to answer them but the questions will still be there. So either simply don't answer or come up with a better answer that doesn't involve pretending as if you don't have a moral compass because "it's manufactured".

Back