Welcome To aBlackWeb

Amara La Negra defends her Afro-latina identity

Y’all were quick to hit me with reactions that y’all werent trying to understand my point. That type of thinking is/was racist and Lopez wasn’t making him self look any better with how he was berating her. But with hindsight now she stuck up for him when some black people were defending her so it is what it is. But he never explained the full context of the joke and I’m now just hearing about that so if that’s the case then fine. But look at it from my perspective, racist joke followed by berating the women wasn’t a good look at all.

If you're just now hearing it then that's your fault because it was explained twice in that very thread. Which goes to my point that you have a habit of simply not paying attention or ignoring shit that doesn't fit your pov

This was back in March of 2016

FF to 7:27

I watched this interview too. I love Dascha!
Look how easy it was for Afro Latnio to roll off Envys tongue in this interview but for some reason he forgot what it was when he interviewed Amara?

Cthagod got amnesia or something? Is he mentally challenged? Is his comprehension skills at an infants level...how can you say you know what an afro-cuban is but not an Afro-Dominican. Same diaspora!!

Even if you didn't comprehend the trans-Atlantic slave trade or the fact that African people came to the America's prior to that, common sense would say "Well if there are Afro Cubans, there gotta be Afro Panamanian, Afro Dominican, Afro Puerto Rican, Afro Nicaraguan, etc."

What is his problem with latino/a identifying as African!?! It's just the same as African American. African people are EVERYWHERE!!

I know for sure he has some intelligent people around him. Them people need to educate him ASAP because his ass gets jump by some afro-latinos! This shit infuriates me!!

Look how easy it was for Afro Latnio to roll off Envys tongue in this interview but for some reason he forgot what it was when he interviewed Amara?

Cthagod got amnesia or something? Is he mentally challenged? Is his comprehension skills at an infants level...how can you say you know what an afro-cuban is but not an Afro-Dominican. Same diaspora!!

Even if you didn't comprehend the trans-Atlantic slave trade or the fact that African people came to the America's prior to that, common sense would say "Well if there are Afro Cubans, there gotta be Afro Panamanian, Afro Dominican, Afro Puerto Rican, Afro Nicaraguan, etc."

What is his problem with latino/a identifying as African!?! It's just the same as African American. African people are EVERYWHERE!!

I know for sure he has some intelligent people around him. Them people need to educate him ASAP because his ass gets jump by some afro-latinos! This shit infuriates me!!

We need to run up on them niggas

If you're just now hearing it then that's your fault because it was explained twice in that very thread. Which goes to my point that you have a habit of simply not paying attention or ignoring shit that doesn't fit your pov
Did he (Lopez) explain that during that set? On that night? Post it up.

I got respect for cthagod but I can't accept this
We need to run up on them niggas
gang gang

1444885182424.gif

Last edited:
Yo I bet millions that nigga don't even know that Haiti and the Dominican Republic are on the same land mass.

Did he (Lopez) explain that during that set? On that night? Post it up.

He didn't get a chance to finish the joke because she interrupted it, but it was said in the thread by me and a couple others that it's a joke he's been doing for over a decade and explained the punchline.

Imagine how infuriating it is to have this be your reality and people always question your blackness...it's far more annoying in real life. Seeing it in interview form just makes it worse.

Imagine how infuriating it is to have this be your reality and people always question your blackness...it's far more annoying in real life. Seeing it in interview form just makes it worse.
I empathize with you. I had a friend who is Afro-Panamanian. She was born in the states to two Afro-Panamanian parents. People would tell her she wasn't Panamanian just because she was black. She didn't fit in with the other Latinas because she wasn't "mixed looking."
They only accepted or should I say believed she was Afro-Panamanian when she spoke spanish.

You get hate from both sides, too dark for the latino community and too foreign for the african american community.

Last edited:
I empathize with you. I had a friend who is Afro-Panamanian. She was born in the states to two Afro-Panamanian parents. People would tell her she wasn't Panamanian just because she was black. She didn't fit in with the other Latinas because she was "mixed looking."
They only accepted or should I say believed she was Afro-Panamanian when she spoke spanish.

You get hate from both sides, too dark for the latino community and too foreign for the african american community.

Yeah I've dealt with racism from the latin community due to me being black. That I will never deny. The shit that will always be odd to me though is in my life it's only been black Americans to tell me I'm not black. And 8 times out of 10 the first reaction to finding out I'm latino is "Well speak spanish." or actually having been told multiple times that I was making up a country when I say I'm Panamanian. Or people assuming I'm lying and trying to be "exotic" especially because my first name isn't a spanish name.

Yeah I've dealt with racism from the latin community due to me being black. That I will never deny. The shit that will always be odd to me though is in my life it's only been black Americans to tell me I'm not black. And 8 times out of 10 the first reaction to finding out I'm latino is "Well speak spanish." or actually having been told multiple times that I was making up a country when I say I'm Panamanian. Or people assuming I'm lying and trying to be "exotic" especially because my first name isn't a spanish name.

Plain and simple a lot of black Americans are uncultured and arrogant to the world outside of America. They can only comprehend black people in America, english speaking caribbean islands and Africa. Who the fuck wants to fake being exotic when that is who you truly are!? Why do I have to prove to you that I am both black and latino and that, that combination is not foreign?!?!

This is a little off the mark but it intertwines with the topic:

Growing up I was always around black people of many nationalities. Both my parents are Trinidadian and I identify as that as well. 94% of my family is still back home. Of course looking at me you can't tell. So when I say to a black american person I'm trinidadian they say no you're not you weren't born there and you don't have the accent.

So I speak with my accent and then pose the question to them why do you call a person born in the states to two peurto rican parents peurto rican....I get the "Well you can look at them and tell."

Miss me with that bullshit!!

Last edited:
Yeah, he's fake.

Paul Rodriguez fathered his style.

Or rather, Lopez stole his style......or tried to.

Lopez wouldn't have the heart to do a show in San Quentin:

That’s prolly cuz Paul Rodriguez was an see gang leader in Compton

this thread took a turn.

but I always find shit crazy.

people always think my wife can't be fully black because of her look.

Niggas be stupid. Their are black people all over the world how can two college educated niggas not know that shit. One went to an hbcu

They were stupid in that interview, but people are mischaracterizing what was said. Neither CtG or Envy said they didn't know there were black people in the DR. CtG specifically said that he thought Afro-Latino meant someone who was mixed between black and hispanic. He also said that he though Dominicans didn't like claiming their Black/African side which in a lot of cases is true and is actually consisten with what Amara was saying.

The bigger issue is that they kept claiming the chick's account wasn't accurate and basing that opinion on what they see in Hollywood when the chick said over and over again that she was talking about in Latin media. That said, even if they were talking about Hollywood, what she said wasn't wrong. She pointed out that for Latinas to get on and be real successful, they have to look like J Lo or Selena. There ain't really a bunch of dark skinned latinas making moves in Hollywood.

Yeah, we went over this already and Lopez was fully justified in it. Matter of fact, I posted up a standup of Katt Williams in Phoenix where he did the same shit to a Mexican dude and dared anyone to say he was foul for it. Shits was crickets.

Back