Welcome To aBlackWeb

Akon: Africans no longer care about slavery but African Americans still blame the past

Then don't

Akon not a damn spokesperson for 1.2 billion people either, most African countries don't even fuck with eachother so I don't know what hes talking about.

What exactly are the natives gonna do about it? Akon been saying this for 15 years that people can move in droves.

Ghana is even offering free citizenship to black Americans.

Ghana, Kenya, uganda, Rwanda, Gambia and many others are open for basically anyone to set up shop or buy land.

But go ahead and believe what u want.
The only article i could find on your claim is this one saying " IF you have Ghanian roots, you are eligible and moreover, ENCOURAGED to apply for citizenship!! ". Says nothing about getting it. If you could offer a link I'd appreciate it. Seems more like more topics their tourism board cooks up to get clicks.
https://www.power106.com/2020/01/03...ip-to-african-americans-with-ghanian-descent/

They seem to say one thing and do another like white politicans in this country.
In 2000 The West African country passed the “Right of Abode” law which allows any person of African descent to apply and be granted the right to stay in Ghana indefinitely.
Seems like a good thing and makes you think the country is welcoming till you read on and get to this part, "Rita Marley, the wife of reggae legend Bob Marley, was the first person to be granted the indefinite stay in Ghana in 2014, 14 years after the law was passed."

I feel the Ghana Government is disingenuous and this is all PR, thats working. They constantly promote this fake kinship with AA's in hopes to lure their tourist dollars and possible investments. They dont actually want us to stay in their country.
I mean a quick google will show their president putting out articles bragging about how they let 100 African Americans and Carribbean Americans become citizens this year. Google will also show you past articles saying how thousands of western black live there, but cant get citizenship through Right of Abode and have to jump through so many hurdles just to stay there.

I mentioned most of this before in a post in a past thread i guess no one read or watched.

ToneTalks said some interesting things about Africa making up stories to fineese black americans. Specifically Ghana with fake online stories to get black americans to go there, so they can get their tourism dollars. He touches on the Ludacris story by saying is interesting he got a citizenship in a country that doesnt offer dual citizenship. So he either gave up his american citizenship or he got a special Ludacris deal.

Black American bout to go Gentrify a few Africa nations lols.

Futbol?

Naw fam. We turning y’all futbol pitch into a football field.

You hate to see it.

The good ole generalizations 101. LMAO.

not all African Americans think and move the same just like not all Africans think and move the same or any other race or folks of a certain culture.

I'm curious how many folks in this thread have ever been to Africa or even outside of the United States of America? LMAO

Lol. Ok ok.
You mean football, well to the globe it is football, except USA. Futbol is for the Spanish crowd.

Understood.

Akon is dead wrong for thinking AA should forgive and move on. I’m not even an AA and find what duke said very offensive. He’s probably wishing the same faith for us islanders.

He might be the type of human to put Chinese/other race over black people.

From all I have gathered over the years....We can't place shit on location . It's individuals and group those people run in thats problems.

I was treated well in Africa when they found out I was American...But before then I was just another black face. But some people were nice from the jump.
Some black Americans celebrate black excellence and some can't wait to show you you ain't better than them.

Each group got haters and each group has cheerleaders.

I just think us black Americans are far stronger than we think. I see it. I say it but it falls on deaf ears or its met with downplay.

Exactly!!!

People are people. Some good, indifferent, and bad. No matter where you go this is the case for any type of people..

Lol. Ok ok.
You mean football, well to the globe it is football, except USA. Futbol is for the Spanish crowd.

Understood.

Akon is dead wrong for thinking AA should forgive and move on. I’m not even an AA and find what duke said very offensive. He’s probably wishing the same faith for us islanders.

He might be the type of human to put Chinese/other race over black people.
Are you in the states my brother? If so could you speak on my thread

People complain about the most trivial of things
Nah bruh. All of these black movies have been led by British actors instead of American as if there's an agenda

Selma, harriet, some others, now this. That's a trend

• Coon
Reactions: GNS
Nah bruh. All of these black movies have been led by British actors instead of American as if there's an agenda

Selma, harriet, some others, now this. That's a trend
Forget where I saw it, but someone said maybe thats happening because they're from the UK and studio exces over here dont have to worry about them trying to take a stand or commenting on race relations over here.

Back