Welcome To aBlackWeb

Akon: Africans no longer care about slavery but African Americans still blame the past

Y’all also don’t realize the shit Africans take from African Americans when they move here ......this usually forces a lot of Africans to insulate themselves in their own communities
It's vice versa....

Kids are going to be kids... But adults need to know better....

Black American parents always tried to give their kids names that sounded African. And Blacks in general always have attempted to push that connection the best we know how.. Children teasing aside... Many black Americans always wanted that connection....

But the way I see it... Traditional adult Africans have the same beliefs about black Americans as white America. And when those two mindsets meet, it often doesn't go favorable. You got one group fighting to be embraced and another saying naw b we nothing like y'all. Shit is constant conflict.

While AKON is fucked up in exploiting that division... Maybe some people can recognize it and act accordingly.

I know I bull shit a lot and everybody think I hate Africa.... But that's far from the truth...I just don't want people setting themselves up for acceptance knowing a lot of people feel like Akon

That bullshit aside, there's a ridiculous amount of benefits and treasured culture to be discovered by reclaiming you roots. So I honestly encourage people to connect as much as possible.

Just don't expect all them Africans to be 100% receptive. There's some fucked up mindsets out there and this is what it looks like

It's always been weird that African Americans try to force this brotherhood with Africans. We should be cool of course. AAs descend from Africa and I think we should have a good working relationship. But AAs are a different group. We've been molded into something else through centuries of experiences that are completely different from what people in Africa have gone through. The whole Back to Africa movement and all these other things where people act like Africa is the Mecca for AAs are misguided to me.
It's not weird. It's natural.

It's abusive.

Black people have collectively been treated like shit in America. But with more we information we grow. And with more access to information the world shrinks.

We are now aware of, and familiar with Africa and African culture. However..... The world never stops. And they have been hearing about and learning about is just as long as we've been hearing and learning about them... But we never could control the narrative until recently.

Black People are some also ashamed of their heritage. Too many either don't look at the accomplishments of blacks in this country, or they just don't really care about it.

The fact is blacks are easily one of the most influential groups in this country. We control way more than we give ourselves credit for, our history is much more rich than we acknowledge. Our impact and contribution to this country entitles is to way more than we are willingly to collectively claim.

And that refusal to embrace who we are, what we did, and what we have makes us look way more lost than we need to be.

People wanna say we were kings we still are.

You got people like Jay, Master P, Floyd Mayweather who manipulated systems meant to keep them controlled into small fortunes and we think it's a joke to celebrate them.

We have blacks in powerful positions politically in this country and we'd ridicule them before congratulate them.

We have blacks that contribute in a major way to every thing that pushes this country forward and niggaz will find a way to down play it cuz it ain't white....

Shit is generations of abuse that need to be worked out of it system. Break these generational curses. Be proud of being a Black American. A Black American can do more for themselves and all their people when they understand the rules and make efforts to pursue happiness within them. But we don't even like this place... So it's more of a mental block to get past than anything

The problem is that people think skin color is magical. It's not. Yes, whites and others have used it to discriminate, and that has worked for them. However, that doesn't mean that if you randomly put two groups together than they will suddenly get along just because they have the same skin color. That has never worked on any level. Blacks in America can't even get along with other blacks on the other side of their street. How does anyone expect them to magically coexist and fit right in with blacks on the other side of the planet.

It's abusive.

Black people have collectively been treated like shit in America. But with more we information we grow. And with more access to information the world shrinks.

We are now aware of, and familiar with Africa and African culture. However..... The world never stops. And they have been hearing about and learning about is just as long as we've been hearing and learning about them... But we never could control the narrative until recently.

Black People are some also ashamed of their heritage. Too many either don't look at the accomplishments of blacks in this country, or they just don't really care about it.

The fact is blacks are easily one of the most influential groups in this country. We control way more than we give ourselves credit for, our history is much more rich than we acknowledge. Our impact and contribution to this country entitles is to way more than we are willingly to collectively claim.

And that refusal to embrace who we are, what we did, and what we have makes us look way more lost than we need to be.

You got people like Jay, Master P, Floyd Mayweather who manipulated systems meant to keep them controlled into small fortunes and we think it's a joke to celebrate them.

We have blacks in powerful positions politically in this country and we'd ridicule them before congratulate them.

We have blacks that contribute in a major way to every thing that pushes this country forward and niggaz will find a way to down play it cuz it ain't white....

Shit is generations of abuse that need to be worked out of it system. Break these generational curses. Be proud of being a Black American. A Black American can do more for themselves and all their people when they understand the rules and make efforts to pursue happiness within them. But we don't even like this place... So it's more of a mental block to get past than anything

Everything you just said is reason why we shouldn't be putting so much energy in trying to link up with Africa. We've got success stories and untapped power here. We have to learn how make use of that instead of acting like there is some magic land we can go to where we'll be reunited with our long lost brothers and sisters and finally find peace and happiness. That's a fairy tale.

You telling me?

Bruh they just let the fucking Chinese take over the damn country.

Tell it to the thousands of black people who have gone to Ghana to start business and start a new life.

Where in Africa have you been to? I'll wait.

Whenever I see an Akon thread I have to tell niggas that Akonis a known liar. It doesn’t matter what platform that nigga on. Nigga on Ellen lyin, he doing other interviews lying.

that lighting Africa shit he’s on- Chinese financed
When this was happening I told niggas Akon got a few million but he’s not THAT rich. Plus he never does anything for free.

That city he’s building with crypto and all that shit-Chinese backed. I’m from Senegal and I’ve watched this niggas moves since he first started poppin, watch in a few years he’s gonna be in some shit.

Whenever I see an Akon thread I have to tell niggas that Akonis a known liar. It doesn’t matter what platform that nigga on. Nigga on Ellen lyin, he doing other interviews lying.

that lighting Africa shit he’s on- Chinese financed
When this was happening I told niggas Akon got a few million but he’s not THAT rich. Plus he never does anything for free.

That city he’s building with crypto and all that shit-Chinese backed. I’m from Senegal and I’ve watched this niggas moves since he first started poppin, watch in a few years he’s gonna be in some shit.
Word
People saw how he was moving when he did the 6ix9ine song.

Yet they take his words serious in here with that ignorant comment.

It's vice versa....

Kids are going to be kids... But adults need to know better....

Black American parents always tried to give their kids names that sounded African. And Blacks in general always have attempted to push that connection the best we know how.. Children teasing aside... Many black Americans always wanted that connection....

But the way I see it... Traditional adult Africans have the same beliefs about black Americans as white America. And when those two mindsets meet, it often doesn't go favorable. You got one group fighting to be embraced and another saying naw b we nothing like y'all. Shit is constant conflict.

While AKON is fucked up in exploiting that division... Maybe some people can recognize it and act accordingly.

I know I bull shit a lot and everybody think I hate Africa.... But that's far from the truth...I just don't want people setting themselves up for acceptance knowing a lot of people feel like Akon

That bullshit aside, there's a ridiculous amount of benefits and treasured culture to be discovered by reclaiming you roots. So I honestly encourage people to connect as much as possible.

Just don't expect all them Africans to be 100% receptive. There's some fucked up mindsets out there and this is what it looks like

You can say kids will be kids, but those kids get those jokes and ideas from some place. They ain't just making them shits up on their own for the most part. Yeah there are Black Americans who have embraced Africa and wanted to find a genuine connection, but you can't sit here and say that there aren't also a bunch of Black Americans who say some fucked up shit about Africans regardless of country and often speak of Africa as if it's one country instead of a continent with thousands of different cultures, languages, etc. This isn't a shit on Black Americans post, this is just saying that in the US the same less than image is fed here that's fed to them about the Black people here. Look how easily it was to get division sowed in this very thread. One comment from somebody with a clear suspect history was enough to get it going and ain't nobody in here a child. Every adult here has the ability to discern bullshit and know that some people's opinion on shit shouldn't matter but confirmation bias is hard to overcome

It's abusive.

Ether, goat and a bit of shock.
Interesting post.

You can say kids will be kids, but those kids get those jokes and ideas from some place. They ain't just making them shits up on their own for the most part. Yeah there are Black Americans who have embraced Africa and wanted to find a genuine connection, but you can't sit here and say that there aren't also a bunch of Black Americans who say some fucked up shit about Africans regardless of country and often speak of Africa as if it's one country instead of a continent with thousands of different cultures, languages, etc. This isn't a shit on Black Americans post, this is just saying that in the US the same less than image is fed here that's fed to them about the Black people here. Look how easily it was to get division sowed in this very thread. One comment from somebody with a clear suspect history was enough to get it going and ain't nobody in here a child. Every adult here has the ability to discern bullshit and know that some people's opinion on shit shouldn't matter but confirmation bias is hard to overcome
To sum it up less eloquently niggaz are always real eager to fight other niggaz

From all I have gathered over the years....We can't place shit on location . It's individuals and group those people run in thats problems.

I was treated well in Africa when they found out I was American...But before then I was just another black face. But some people were nice from the jump.
Some black Americans celebrate black excellence and some can't wait to show you you ain't better than them.

Each group got haters and each group has cheerleaders.

I just think us black Americans are far stronger than we think. I see it. I say it but it falls on deaf ears or its met with downplay.

Y’all also don’t realize the shit Africans take from African Americans when they move here ......this usually forces a lot of Africans to insulate themselves in their own communities
I was going to make a thread about this similar point for all the people from different countries coming to the US having to deal with American Blacks. Wanted to hear your views on us and what you've endured while trying to "fit" in if at all.

Never got around to making because you know life and shit ?

I was going to make a thread about this similar point for all the people from different countries coming to the US having to deal with American Blacks. Wanted to hear your views on us and what you've endured while trying to "fit" in if at all.

From my experience It’s often easier when ur younger I mean kids will roast u and talk shit but over time Shit gets cool

it’s those who movehere in their teens or adults that disassociate the most w niggas

Make it

Reactions: GNS

Make that shit
So I can eviscerate u yankees once again

Hate u muhfuckas and no I ain't leaving

Back