Welcome To aBlackWeb

Akon: Africans no longer care about slavery but African Americans still blame the past

But to expound on what he s saying I’m trying to choose the right words here

Back home in the school system we are taught and told of slavery but it kind of stops at Africans getting on boats we are not really educated in depth on what happens after that... like we are taught we were enchained to be slaves and came here to do that but that’s where it really stops .....
Our beef is more about colonialism and neo colonialism

@5th Letter and @Disanthrope will have no further arguments from me. Akon just ruined my POV
9cb03ee4e6dafe1d4899ebe1f0aa0889.gif

Show me all these black people going on in droves to Africa and setting up shop. It's different when its not a lot of people doing but when its masses of people doing something and the portion the native people used to get starts getting even smaller that is going to cause a conflict.

Don't try to base that small amount of people in Ghana to masses of black american flooding Ghana and setting up. That is just dumb on your part.

You can wait till you dead not I'm going to fucking care. I've been where I been. I can show a passport stamp but I don't have to prove shit a internet nigga
Then don't

Akon not a damn spokesperson for 1.2 billion people either, most African countries don't even fuck with eachother so I don't know what hes talking about.

What exactly are the natives gonna do about it? Akon been saying this for 15 years that people can move in droves.

Ghana is even offering free citizenship to black Americans.

Ghana, Kenya, uganda, Rwanda, Gambia and many others are open for basically anyone to set up shop or buy land.

But go ahead and believe what u want.

The ideology that allowed slavery is the same kind that killed George Floyd.
"Letting go" ain't a luxury of our situation as the threat is still present.
How about somebody tell white people to let go of their past racist ideology first.
And I wonder if he'd tell Jews to let go of the holocaust.

Another thing, I hate how people are always acting like AAs are obsessed with slavery. Half the time, we're not even the ones bringing it up. Most of us are focused on correcting the problematic issues that are still at place. About the only topic that is routinely brought up and is connected to slavery is reparations, and that's not even just about slavery, it's also about everything that happened after slavery.

I do agree with him on us visiting Africa more.
Not gonna say it's some mecca away from racism, but the trip may prove inspiring.
I've heard nothing but great things from AA's that have taken those trips.

That's true. I also think AAs should branch out to the Caribbean more too, and not just the usual suspects. There are a lot of islands in the Caribbean and many of them are blacker than people think. AAs have more in common with people in the disapora than we do with people back in Africa. That's not to say that we shouldn't try to build with the homeland. I just don't believe that we need to look all the way over there for opportunities to benefit or coordinate with other blacks.

I'm on the fence.
Akon full of shit but I understand where he's coming from.

I'm trying to buy up shit in Tanzania and hopefully Zanzibar to do my part ...But when I visited years back I was kinda confused on quite a few things I will speak about at another time.

Akon city will come from Chinese money.

I think we black Americans can do a lot on the continent....But we will need our own space to start off.

That's true. I also think AAs should branch out to the Caribbean more too, and not just the usual suspects. There are a lot of islands in the Caribbean and many of them are blacker than people think. AAs have more in common with people in the disapora than we do with people back in Africa. That's not to say that we shouldn't try to build with the homeland. I just don't believe that we need to look all the way over there for opportunities to benefit or coordinate with other blacks.
What's the usual suspects?

Back