Welcome To aBlackWeb

Active shooter at Texas Robb Elementary school with 19 kids and 2 Adults dead, 18 year old shooter killed

I never expected anything to happen to them, but I did expect dude in charge and some others would resign soon as the news of their incompetence came out.

Im surprised and disusted they havent

He didn’t have to resign because that was already supposed to be his final week on the job, he just got sworn into city council

He didn’t have to resign because that was already supposed to be his final week on the job, he just got sworn into city council

Which is wild to me. Cause when news of his decisions came out, I thought no way he doesnt resign from the city council position.

But nope.

He a disgusting human being.

I would have sold everything and left town that same day just under the shame of being outed as a coward. But not him. He went there and swore into the city council job and been trying to defend himself this whole time.

Disgusting aint the word.

Which is wild to me. Cause when news of his decisions came out, I thought no way he doesnt resign from the city council position.

But nope.

I would have sold everything and left town that same day just under the shame of being outed as a coward. But not him. He went there and swore into the city council job and been trying to defend himself this whole time.

He has apparently been no showing meetings, and is attempting to get approved for leave so he doesn’t get automatically kicked out (which happens when you miss 3 consecutive meetings)

But nope.

Man this is all facts. Like the amount of shame is not even close to where it should be

The Uvalde City Council unanimously denied council member Pete Arredondo's request for a leave of absence from future meetings, in an effort to be more transparent following criticisms of law enforcement's handling of the Robb Elementary School mass shooting.

Arredondo, who serves as the chief of police for the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District and was sworn in as a city council member at the end of May, wanted to be exempt from attending future city council meetings.

A motion was unanimously denied to grant a leave of absence to the newly elected council member, who was not present Tuesday night. Per city council rules, there is a $2 fine for missing council meetings, and after three missed meetings, the other council members can vote to have a member removed from their post.

The embattled police chief of the Texas school district where 19 children and two teachers were killed in a school shooting has been placed on administrative leave, the superintendent announced.

The leave will take effect immediately, the school district said in a statement Wednesday. Lt. Mike Hernandez will assume the duties of the Chief of Police, said Dr. Hal Harrell, superintendent of the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District.

"From the beginning of this horrible event, I shared that the district would wait until the investigation was complete before making personnel decisions," Harrell said. "Today, I am still without details of the investigations being conducted by various agencies. Because of the lack of clarity that remains and the unknown timing of when I will receive the results of the investigations, I have made the decision to place Chief Arredondo on administrative leave effective on this date."

Back