Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Stock Exchange: All Things Investing

Question.....

.....so this is a no dividend stock?

What is pro to having a non dividend stock?

Ive never invested in anything that didn't pay out a dividend.

And if I was to invest when is recommended sell off point? (For non dividends in general)

Question.....

.....so this is a no dividend stock?

What is pro to having a non dividend stock?

Ive never invested in anything that didn't pay out a dividend.

And if I was to invest when is recommended sell off point? (For non dividends in general)

what do you mean sell off point? as when should you sell? i cant answer that. only you can.

what do you mean sell off point? as when should you sell? i cant answer that. only you can.
Seems to me that a smart person's investment time horizon should be forever. If a dividend stock's share price decreases then it's time to add to increase your yield. If the share price increases then it's a stick that's performing well so you're getting capital growth to go along with your dividends.

I guess it all depends on your goals but I'm staying in the markets until i die and passing on the knowledge to my son and whatever other kids i have so that they can carry it on.

These answered my questions props

And yea I'm doin the long term shit too. I don't throw any money in there that I think I'll need back in the next 20 years minimum lol. Once i throw it in there it's gone (even tho it's not).

I just never bought stock that didn't pay dividends.....yet.

You got some decent picks. I saw Bayer was just recommended on DTA
Yea.....Bayer is kinda crazy right now. I'm not sure what to think.
My wife works for them an they are top heavy an poor decision makers.
Hence the purchasing of Monsanto.
I work closely with others but Bayer...I'm not so sure on

And so it has begun. Msrkets all around the world heading for bear territory. The FTSE here in London is fucked lol. A perfect storm of COVID and Saudi Arabia and Russia unexpectedly going at it over oil.

We havent even hsd the US election and the fuck up that is Brexit trade negotiations yet. This could be one of the worst years in history for the markets lol

And so it has begun. Msrkets all around the world heading for bear territory. The FTSE here in London is fucked lol. A perfect storm of COVID and Saudi Arabia and Russia unexpectedly going at it over oil.

We havent even hsd the US election and the fuck up that is Brexit trade negotiations yet. This could be one of the worst years in history for the markets lol
you mean in human history.

we cant forget how the trade shit with china is helping this all too.

Any recommendations for first time investors on what to invest in right now? Nothing too expensive. Willing to put in 300 tops right now

Invest in a low cost index fund that tracks the S&P 500. Vanguard has one. Your local bank should have one too. That is your best bet.

Gonna try to move on this sometime this week.

Not looking for a quick buck/flip. Looking for a long term investment.

From my current understanding index funds/etfs that track the S&P are good for that and tend to have less fees than a managed mutual fund yes?

Been watching a bunch of videos trying to get a better understanding of all of this.

Btw the flu kills more people a year than corona virus and is technically a lot more dangerous.

New York City just declared a state of emergency for the Corona virus. Markets are likely gonna be beaten to shit tomorrow and I'm loving every minute of it !!!!

Not sure about the flu being more dangerous.

Bruh who is yours with and what does it currently hold? You may be able to salvage this and come out on top in a major way.
when i was working .....i had different options to invest in.
maybe make some calls

Bruh who is yours with and what does it currently hold? You may be able to salvage this and come out on top in a major way.

Fidelity

Vanguard Target 2045
Vanguard Target 2050

2019. I had a 25.1% return rate.

Of all my options. Only thiz Bond Index Fund is in the green @ 4.51% return rate.

Last edited:
Back