Welcome To aBlackWeb

ABW Stock Exchange: All Things Investing

If everything holds up, the future's index for the DOW, NASDAQ, and S&P are in the positive. Hopefully it stays that way for Monday.

I'm buying on Monday whether it goes up or not...

Government in business rarely if ever goes well. I've never found a successful government ran Corporation that was also publicly traded.

As for cannabis, there's no clear winners in that industry right now and with so much regulation and soooo much debt most are carrying most of those companies aren't going to turn a profit for a long time. I'm all for investing and believe that cannabis as an industry can be great for states and cities not only for jobs but for other socioeconomic reasons as well. Cannabis will be successful in the long run I'm confident in that.

The fool can be a great resource but you have to really exercise critical thinking with those articles because many of them do not give good information and often times it's outdated, incorrect or the writers have biased opinions.

Harvest is cheap relative to book value but it isn't making money and actually hasn't in nearly yet, I looked at the last 4 quarters and it's a mess. In 2018 they reported a massive quarterly loss of $67 million and in 2020 I doubt they'll change that. The balance sheet is mostly just cash (likely from bank loans and/or investors cash and if shit hits the fan they couldn't sell off assets to keep the lights on so they're going to have to borrow more money to stay afloat until they begin turning a profit. My only critique is they listed "Goodwill" as being worth some money lmao (that's not even real btw they're basically saying their name is worth that money when really it means nothing - I never count goodwill unless you're say Coca cola, Procter and Gamble or something). Aside from that they're selling at a 40% discount to their true net worth. Personally I wouldn't go near it with a 10 foot pole because it's not making any money and there's no clear catalysts that can organically push it to growth.

Curaleaf is even worse, it sells at 5x it's price to book value, makes no money and I can tell their entire balance sheet looks like money loaned to them which means they don't actually have any real assets aside from cash. I wouldn't go near this either.

Yeah, from what the Lyft Driver told me, those 2 Cannabis Cos that are owned by the Govt were to be avoided like the Plague, or in this case, Coronavirus. Curaleaf was bought out because a Customer sued them due to the Dispensary claiming it had a certain product for sale and when they got there to purchase it, they found out they never had it, so they filed a lawsuit for False Advertising. This is when the Govt stepped in. Apparently, this is something the Govt does regularly: threatens and shakes down Dispensaries, intimidates them until they have no choice but to allow them a seat at the table, pretty much what the Mafia does, the only difference is the Mafia provides Jobs and the Govt takes them away.

Thanks for your input. Now to peruse your Investment Thread.

:aye:

When I spoke about stock pike.....That quick fast local money.
Take that money to invest in stocks.

interferons and betaferon

Invest in companies researching interferons.

Bayer has a betaferon that treats multiple sclerosis AND sars which is also a coronsvirus.

They are also testing other medicines
Tamiflu
Gilenea

I'll add the rest shortly.

They are also indicating that Gilead may be the closest to a remedy for the current coronavirus.

Along with Amgen, biogen and novartis.

Look into these companies an their interferon and betaferon research

Last edited:
This is insane.

The very medicine that puts you at risk us the same medicine that could save your life.

Like frfr

Wtf

Break it down for us simpletons
Ms medicines helps the body repair the lining around your nerves. With MS that lining around your nerves is attacked and destroyed by cells in your body. The medicine helps your body repair the lining but the exchange is it has to lower your immune system.

A lower immune system make you more vulnerable to any and all viruses.

The coronavirus sars in the past was controlled with certain medicines. Some of those medicines are medicines that also treat MS.

So while it lowers your immune system and makes you vulnerable to a virus...That same medicine could cure or treat the symptoms of the virus.

Crazy.
I love science almost as much as I love new coochie.
Been a while since I had new coochie...
.So I'm deep in science.

Ms medicines helps the body repair the lining around your nerves. With MS that lining around your nerves is attacked and destroyed by cells in your body. The medicine helps your body repair the lining but the exchange is it has to lower your immune system.

A lower immune system make you more vulnerable to any and all viruses.

The coronavirus sars in the past was controlled with certain medicines. Some of those medicines are medicines that also treat MS.

So while it lowers your immune system and makes you vulnerable to a virus...That same medicine could cure or treat the symptoms of the virus.

Crazy.
I love science almost as much as I love new coochie.
Been a while since I had new coochie...
.So I'm deep in science.
The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. How beneficial is it if it makes you that susceptible to viruses? This is one of the reasons I'm not invested in pharmaceuticals because i know nothing about it.

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. How beneficial is it if it makes you that susceptible to viruses? This is one of the reasons I'm not invested in pharmaceuticals because i know nothing about it.
Man pharma is crazy.
The stuff I learned in those labs ...smdh.
Working with enough people....I actually respect cancer the more I learned about it.
The pipelines and the shit the FDA didn't approve but is allowed in other countries...Drug trials , drug metabolism, Chinese hamster ovaries(CHO cells), insect cells being the stickiest., How bleach kills cells, the smell of dead cells....shit is a wonderland for someone like me.

And damn near all top pharma or biotech companies are my clients or was at a point in time.

Back