Welcome To aBlackWeb

A picture speaks 1000 words

Erm no pics like this have been around for decades mate that's why you guys' reaction is so surprisin'
thats because dudes wouldnt stand for it....
at this time.....more women are in control of the homes....so this is allowed.

this photo places the family second in the mans life and role as a man while the women balances everything

so she twice as strong as home while holding a baby?

it definitely lessens how his strength looks and how hers appears.

How does it lessen his strength? Is the earth somehow easier to hold while sitting on her shoulders? Does her being his foundation make the globe lighter?

It only lessens his strength in your eyes because of how you feel internally. He's still holding the full weight of the world on his shoulders. You can go to the gym and see if being lifted by someone else lessens the weight you're holding if you don't believe me.

How does it lessen his strength? Is the earth somehow easier to hold while sitting on her shoulders? Does her being his foundation make the globe lighter?

It only lessens his strengths in your eyes because of how you feel internally. He's still holding the full weight of the world on his shoulders. You can go to the gym and see if being lifted by someone else lessens the weight you're holding if you don't believe me.
ok....we dont need to try to take shots.
thats a bullshit move by you.

and her holding him up while hes holding the wolrld......yea nevermind

You niggas really downplaying the role of black women. They do lift up black men while also being the most disrespected. The black woman has to take care of home, kids and her man. That's all that image is displaying.

And no I'm not talking about ho's and hoodrats.

And what does the man do? Handle shit in the world, and that's it? Good black men don't support their women? Good black men don't teach and play a part in raising their kids? Good black men aren't there doing their part to keep up the home? Stop with the feminist talking points. Black women aren't the most disrespected. Black people are. Good black men and good black women share the burdens and disrespect together. This picture does not show that at all.

Erm no pics like this have been around for decades mate that's why you guys' reaction is so surprisin'

Bruh I'm not just talking about pic like this. I'm talking about this particular pic. Others have already given examples of how the relationship has been portrayed that are different. You say it's sad that we see it as the woman doing everything, but that is literally what's happening in the pic. The man is bearing the weight of the world. Now they could have put the woman beside him holding him in some way to show that she was helping him with the strain, but they didn't. They have her bearing his weight and the weight of the world, so what function is he really performing there? You could pretty much take him out of the setup and nothing is lost because this depicts her as being able to bear all the weight he did and more.

this post can take alot of different angles.

but this is not downplaying a womans role...this is downplaying the MANS role.
are both not equal in the supporting or each other and raising the family while taking on the world?

and guess why the black woman is the most disrespected? the lack of males in the homes. not lack of women in the homes.

lets go

If you're claiming a lack of black males in the home, wouldn't that make thre black woman the foundation of the black family?

ok....we dont need to try to take shots.
thats a bullshit move by you.

and her holding him up while hes holding the wolrld......yea nevermind

Take shots? Your comprehension is terrible.

It only lessens his strength in your eyes because of how you feel internally. He's still holding the full weight of the world on his shoulders. You can go to the gym and see if being lifted by someone else lessens the weight you're holding if you don't believe me.

Bruh, read what he said. He didn't say that her holding him lessens his strength. He saying that it lessens how his strength is viewed in relation to hers. Yes, it shows the black man bearing the weight of the world, which might seem impressive until you see that she's bearing him meaning she's capable of holding all the weight he's holding and more. Again, the man serves no functional purpose in the picture. The woman is objectively shown to be capable of doing everything.

It's ironic you took a shot at his reading comprehension when you completely misunderstood what he said.

If you're claiming a lack of black males in the home, wouldn't that make thre black woman the foundation of the black family?
yes, and thats a problem i have with how society is now and those who step away from their families.

but this photo shows a black man present and not worried about shit else but the world.

whats his purpose here?

She not supporting because she is the engine and foundation all in one in the picture, supporting would be here helping not doing ALL OF THE LIFTING.

And When women are the head of the house the house usually suffers

How would the woman be the head in this pic when the man is at the top? I was going to include him being symbolized as the head in a separate breakdown.

yes, and thats a problem i have with how society is now and those who step away from their families.

but this photo shows a black man present and not worried about shit else but the world.

whats his purpose here?

If you believe the bold, and that the black woman is the foundation of the black family, why are you having a problem with her being portrayed as such?

If you believe the bold, and that the black woman is the foundation of the black family, why are you having a problem with her being portrayed as such?
i believe it is like this because it seems to be lack of leadership and male guidance and alot of youth because of the absence of a male.....not the presence of a male.

a man is as strong as the woman who supports him. i get that.,
but that man supports his family first and they take on the world together.

this is a play on imagery

Bruh, read what he said. He didn't say that her holding him lessens his strength. He saying that it lessens how his strength is viewed in relation to hers. Yes, it shows the black man bearing the weight of the world, which might seem impressive until you see that she's bearing him meaning she's capable of holding all the weight he's holding and more. Again, the man serves no functional purpose in the picture. The woman is objectively shown to be capable of doing everything.

It's ironic you took a shot at his reading comprehension when you completely misunderstood what he said.

It's really not. I understood that he was talking about the way it looks. And the way it looks doesn't matter if the facts tell you that the way it seems isn't the way it is. That's why I invited him to test it out.

It seems to me that some of you have a problem with the black woman's strength being magnified. The picture doesn't show that the man isn't strong enough to hold the world while doing other things. That's a meaning some viewers have attached.

i believe it is like this because it seems to be lack of leadership and male guidance and alot of youth because of the absence of a male.....not the presence of a male.

a man is as strong as the woman who supports him. i get that.,
but that man supports his family first and they take on the world together.

this is a play on imagery

There is no lack of a Male in this picture. I don't even know why that was mentioned. So again, if you feel the black woman is the foundation of the black family, why such a problem with her being portrayed as such?

There is no lack of a Male in this picture. I don't even know why that was mentioned. So again, if you feel the black woman is the foundation of the black family, why such a problem with her being portrayed as such?
smdh

foundation of a male-less household.

i hope i made it celar enough now

Supporters of the pic keep acting like those that don't like the pic have a problem with the woman being shown to help the man. That's not the problem at all. Ya'll are purposely obfuscating. The problem is how it's being portrayed. Even if you accept the overly simplistic way the relationships are defined, the picture could be better.

The man should be standing and holding the world on his own. The woman could be hugging him from the side with one arm while holding the baby with the other arm showing that she's both helping him and holding down the fam. And that American snake needs to be biting the man because the fact of the matter is we've taken that hit.

And what does the man do? Handle shit in the world, and that's it? Good black men don't support their women? Good black men don't teach and play a part in raising their kids? Good black men aren't there doing their part to keep up the home? Stop with the feminist talking points. Black women aren't the most disrespected. Black people are. Good black men and good black women share the burdens and disrespect together. This picture does not show that at all.

Bruh I'm not just talking about pic like this. I'm talking about this particular pic. Others have already given examples of how the relationship has been portrayed that are different. You say it's sad that we see it as the woman doing everything, but that is literally what's happening in the pic. The man is bearing the weight of the world. Now they could have put the woman beside him holding him in some way to show that she was helping him with the strain, but they didn't. They have her bearing his weight and the weight of the world, so what function is he really performing there? You could pretty much take him out of the setup and nothing is lost because this depicts her as being able to bear all the weight he did and more.

The man is holdin' up the planet (workin') the woman is holdin' him up (takin' care of home).

Seems like you understand what the pic is about but are choosin' to look at it literally. Like I said to Cain, if you see it that way why not be mystified that a man can hold a planet at all? Why not note that the pic isn't to scale

This is silly man and as Mister said, it says more about the individual who thinks this pic depicts the woman doin' everything

It's really not. I understood that he was talking about the way it looks. And the way it looks doesn't matter if the facts tell you that the way it seems isn't the way it is. That's why I invited him to test it out.

It seems to me that some of you have a problem with the black woman's strength being magnified. The picture doesn't show that the man isn't strong enough to hold the world while doing other things. That's a meaning some viewers have attached.

Yes, it does. What the fuck are ya'll looking at? Both of his arms are occupied and he can't even stand on his own, he has to sit on the woman's shoulders. He literally can't do anything else in the picture. Whereas she is depicted as holding all his weight and burden and caring for a child and stomping out the threat posed by the snake. Again, this isn't interpretation. It's literally what is being depicted. That can't be argued.

this thread is like dude saying "dont say happy father day. but want to celebrate mothers day"

smdh.

stop lessen the role of males in the family and society.

more importantly....stop lessening yourselves as men in the roles of family and society.
and thats doesnt need to take away from women to celebrate your role.

but i guess only a few of us see the encouragement of diminishing the role and attack on black men.

yall got it

Yes, it does. What the fuck are ya'll looking at? Both of his arms are occupied and he can't even stand on his own, he has to sit on the woman's shoulders. He literally can't do anything else in the picture. Whereas she is depicted as holding all his weight and burden and caring for a child and stomping out the threat posed by the snake. Again, this isn't interpretation. It's literally what is being depicted. That can't be argued.
Ain't that what a woman should do, hold on to the man's burden so he can go out and conquer the world. You dudes taking the pic literally and not seeing the meaning.

Back