Welcome To aBlackWeb

A picture speaks 1000 words

wow this is crazy "why is the woman carryin' everything" lol hasn't ever crossed my mind not after seein' lord knows how many of these pictures.

I think that reaction is very odd

I saw the American flag as symbolic of the fact that the black family dynamic in America is unique, for better or worse.

It is a fact that men were taken out if their role as leaders of the family under slavery in America.

It's also a fact that mass incarceration, child support, food stamps, single parent housing, etc. all played significant factors in empowering women at the expense of manhood in the household. So you have alot of mothers who have a home, a job, children, and a man who is systematically disadvantaged whom she has to support.

FB_IMG_1570820721088.jpg

Depending on how you see this picture, she's either supporting her man or carrying her man.

I saw the American flag as symbolic of the fact that the black family dynamic in America is unique, for better or worse.

It is a fact that men were taken out if their role as leaders of the family under slavery in America.

It's also a fact that mass incarceration, child support, food stamps, single parent housing, etc. all played significant factors in empowering women at the expense of manhood in the household. So you have alot of mothers who have a home, a job, children, and a man who is systematically disadvantaged whom she has to support.

View attachment 177677

Depending on how you see this picture, she's either supporting her man or carrying her man.

She not supporting because she is the engine and foundation all in one in the picture, supporting would be here helping not doing ALL OF THE LIFTING.

And When women are the head of the house the house usually suffers

She not supporting because she is the engine and foundation all in one in the picture, supporting would be here helping not doing ALL OF THE LIFTING.

And When women are the head of the house the house usually suffers
I totally agree and that's not a discredit toward women's leadership at all.

I dont like that bible one.

But its still a good one.
I'd say the bible one is worse because his foundation is built upon another man's ideology.

I think the interpretations say more about the individual than the art.

When I look at it, I see the black man carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders with the black woman acting as his support/foundation while simultaneously nurturing their child.

Nothing the woman is doing lessens the strength of the man. He's holding that weight up. She's his foundation. It magnifies her strength but doesn't lessen his one bit.

I’m on the fence about this pic.

why she holding him? Support and foundation are two different things but are being used interchangeably. I can see why too.

Actually one of the definitions of foundation is " an underlying base or support".

Back