Welcome To aBlackWeb

A picture speaks 1000 words

Not how I saw it at all. She's just holdin' him up

He's carrying the world and she's holding him and thus carrying everything. She's also holding a child (i.e., the future). And, on top of all that, she's stepping on the American flag in the form of a snake which I take to mean she's protecting the others from the danger this country represents. So, yeah, she's basically doing everything herself. The one thing the man is doing is just an illusion.

Actually one of the definitions of foundation is " an underlying base or support".
I know but they can also mean two different things. Which I was going to address in that post but didn’t wanna type a lot because I was driving.

I imagined a house.

He's carrying the world and she's holding him and thus carrying everything. She's also holding a child (i.e., the future). And, on top of all that, she's stepping on the American flag in the form of a snake which I take to mean she's protecting the others from the danger this country represents. So, yeah, she's basically doing everything herself. The one thing the man is doing is just an illusion.

I think you've let the current social climate affect your judgement.

im actually in the middle on this.

not sure how i feel about it yet.

is this about how it is now or how it always was?

Why they so light

Why do he have slave chains

Why they stepping on the flag

Why the fuck is she carrying the world and man and baby on her shoulders

TRASH
like why cant she be helping him hold up the world NEXT to him.
both of them with one arm while holding their child together with the other?

I think the interpretations say more about the individual than the art.

When I look at it, I see the black man carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders with the black woman acting as his support/foundation while simultaneously nurturing their child.

Nothing the woman is doing lessens the strength of the man. He's holding that weight up. She's his foundation. It magnifies her strength but doesn't lessen his one bit.
so she twice as strong as home while holding a baby?

it definitely lessens how his strength looks and how hers appears.

She not supporting because she is the engine and foundation all in one in the picture, supporting would be here helping not doing ALL OF THE LIFTING.

And When women are the head of the house the house usually suffers
ok......this just shut it down

You niggas really downplaying the role of black women. They do lift up black men while also being the most disrespected. The black woman has to take care of home, kids and her man. That's all that image is displaying.

And no I'm not talking about ho's and hoodrats.

I think you've let the current social climate affect your judgement.

I'm pretty sure the current social climate is what inspired the artist to create that. The picture probably wouldn't look like that if it was created 30 years ago.

What do you disagree with in my post? I literally just listed everything that's in the pic.

You niggas really downplaying the role of black women. They do lift up black men while also being the most disrespected. The black woman has to take care of home, kids and her man. That's all that image is displaying.

And no I'm not talking about ho's and hoodrats.
this post can take alot of different angles.

but this is not downplaying a womans role...this is downplaying the MANS role.
are both not equal in the supporting or each other and raising the family while taking on the world?

and guess why the black woman is the most disrespected? the lack of males in the homes. not lack of women in the homes.

lets go

Is she not?

No. The man has the world on his shoulders and the woman has her man on hers.

I mean if you wanna get scientific then yeah in this pic the woman would be doin' the heavy liftin' but of course its not possible for a man to hold up a planet, its not to scale, no woman could lift a man like that etc

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the current social climate is what inspired the artist to create that. The picture probably wouldn't look like that if it was created 30 years ago.

What do you disagree with in my post? I literally just listed everything that's in the pic.

Erm no pics like this have been around for decades mate that's why you guys' reaction is so surprisin'

this post can take alot of different angles.

but this is not downplaying a womans role...this is downplaying the MANS role.
are both not equal in the supporting or each other and raising the family while taking on the world?

and guess why the black woman is the most disrespected? the lack of males in the homes. not lack of women in the homes.

lets go

It's not downplaying his role, while he's out lifting up the world his woman will be there to lift him up. Every black man needs that type of woman. I really don't understand what's so hard to see

It's not downplaying his role, while he's out lifting up the world his woman will be there to lift him up. Every black man needs that type of woman. I really don't understand what's so hard to see
right, but thats not what this is saying here bruh.

you are absolutely right.....just not here.

Back