Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Black Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the question. Without the gun in the video, he didn't do anything wrong. Now even with the gun, if this was his first incident he probably doesn't get suspended. The problem is that it's like the 4th incident in a row that involves a gun or is alleged to involve a gun.

And the white boy done posed with guns and shit three times and it's crickets from the League.

Take away the guns, neither player has done anything the league deems to be wrong.
With the guns, only Ja has done something wrong.

And the white boy done posed with guns and shit three times and it's crickets from the League.

Take away the guns, neither player has done anything the league deems to be wrong.
With the guns, only Ja has done something wrong.

That's not how things work though. You can't just ignore sequences of events or the context behind things. Again Ja:

1. was alleged to have been with some friends who pointed guns at an opposing team's bus
  2. was then alleged to have jumped a 17 y/o with some accounts saying that guns were present there to
  3. was seen in a video flashing a gun, which after the first two incident led to punishment
  4. was seen in another video flashing a gun, after already admitting he was wrong in the first incident and claiming he would do better
You're trying to compare a dude just taking pictures of himself with guns he owns to a dude making videos of himself waving a gun around in the midst of being involved activities that already had the NBA on edge. It's not the same thing. We already know black and white players are treated differently. It's not necessary to create false equivalences to try and prove that point.

That changes the situation entirely. You can't remove the main element to a situation then ask if there'd be a similar reaction

but in order to look at it clearly, you have to. Remove the guns and the league has no issue. With the guns? Only Ja did something wrong. That ain't right. I know Ja's been a miscreant off the court, but if the gun was the issue, which is what it appears like, then they've already set a precedent with Chris Kaman which is to do nothing.

but in order to look at it clearly, you have to. Remove the guns and the league has no issue. With the guns? Only Ja did something wrong. That ain't right. I know Ja's been a miscreant off the court, but if the gun was the issue, which is what it appears like, then they've already set a precedent with Chris Kaman which is to do nothing.
The white boy was in his home or what looked like a gun store taking those pictures, there's a difference in that and what Ja was doing

It's not just the gun...it's the handling of the gun. And you're being disingenuous if you really think Ja drunkenly flashing a gun in a strip club and then again in a car holding it up to his head is the same as the Kris Kaman pics. You can't remove the gun because that's the central issue. Of course with no gun there's no issue because there's nothing being handled irresponsibly. There's no stories of beating up a 17 year old and brandishing a gun story. There's no laser beam pointing story. There's no story at all if there's no gun. So that's just a bad faith argument

Fam…

You’re literally just typing because you have fingers. Da fuck are you saying?

I never cared about cars, ion knock people that do cause most of the times there’s meaning behind peoples love of cars or luxury or whatever.

I’ve always been the type nigga that bought cars ever other year from the auction cause them shits was already shit. Go for a while and get a new one means to an end.

I dead ass didn’t even know that you didn’t have to have all of the money to buy a car till I was in my 30’s. I had no idea people were leasing cars. I bought every car I ever had outright till I bought the car I have right now.

And I was thinking damn, I wish I new about payments in the past. Cars is just cars to me tho, ion care.

It's not just the gun...it's the handling of the gun. And you're being disingenuous if you really think Ja drunkenly flashing a gun in a strip club and then again in a car holding it up to his head is the same as the Kris Kaman pics. You can't remove the gun because that's the central issue. Of course with no gun there's no issue because there's nothing being handled irresponsibly. There's no stories of beating up a 17 year old and brandishing a gun story. There's no laser beam pointing story. There's no story at all if there's no gun. So that's just a bad faith argument

Ok, it's all good; y'all got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back