Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY A Black Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. I mean I don't have a problem with a black person wanting to be a ballerina or opera singer. If you like those artforms, are good at them, and want to do it at a high level, you should follow your dream. I just believe people need to be mindful between the difference of being the first to accomplish something because no one else could do it before you and being the first to accomplish something because bac actors wouldn't let anyone do it before you. Copeland deserves to be proud of her success, but celebrating being the first black person in that organization is essentially just celebrating that white people finally allowed a black person in.
I mean…..

The world has been closed to us for so long.
As it opens up and we have more access and funds to get to things that was once out of our reach.

To place white people allowing something takes away from our struggles and hard work to move forward.
Can you honestly tell me you only got a promotion because of a white perdón allowed it and not you doing a good job?

They had a cheat code to have their position and applied downward pressure to hold us down. If one of us breaks free, how can that confuse you?
Bruh we been fighting a long damn time in this country. Not because they allowed it, but because we didn’t give up.

I mean…..

The world has been closed to us for so long.
As it opens up and we have more access and funds to get to things that was once out of our reach.

To place white people allowing something takes away from our struggles and hard work to move forward.
Can you honestly tell me you only got a promotion because of a white perdón allowed it and not you doing a good job?

They had a cheat code to have their position and applied downward pressure to hold us down. If one of us breaks free, how can that confuse you?
Bruh we been fighting a long damn time in this country. Not because they allowed it, but because we didn’t give up.

You're missing the point. Copeland is not the first black ballet artist to be good enough to be a part of that organization. Black dancers have been great for a long time. Ballet is just one of those things that white people have consistently played the gate keeper role for. I'm not saying Copeland only got her position because someone allowed it. By all accounts, she's great at what she did and deserves that position. I'm saying that her being "the first" is only a thing because, until recently, white people simply didn't want to let black people in.

You're missing the point. Copeland is not the first black ballet artist to be good enough to be a part of that organization. Black dancers have been great for a long time. Ballet is just one of those things that white people have consistently played the gate keeper role for. I'm not saying Copeland only got her position because someone allowed it. By all accounts, she's great at what she did and deserves that position. I'm saying that her being "the first" is only a thing because, until recently, white people simply didn't want to let black people in.
And I ask you,

Why are you more focused on the white factor than her?
Why does it even need to be mentioned?
Sure it was other greats in the past that didn’t get the same credit….ok.
Why can’t it stop there?

And I ask you,

Why are you more focused on the white factor than her?
Why does it even need to be mentioned?
Sure it was other greats in the past that didn’t get the same credit….ok.
Why can’t it stop there?
One of few times i agree wit dos when he dos-in lol

My daughter is in dance, and I have strong feelings about acceptance. I'll take her to everything required to advance her career, but we not kissing no ass or compromising ourselves for acceptance. Her self worth will not be tied to where she gets accepted. And disrespect will always be required wherever this journey takes us

I honestly think we need to stop thinking people want white validation and/or acceptance.

It’s like black representation is looked down on.

Like why can’t black people be in or represented in everything?

Sure we can have all black such and such. No issue with it.
Just chill on the white boogieman shit

Would y’all really tell your child to not like something because that’s white people stuff and they only let a few in?

I was at work today and a prison riot popped off in one of the adjacent dorms. So the C.Os of the dorm I’m in low key panicking cause their getting all hands calls over the radio but the yard officer is no where to be found so they can’t get out to get in the dorm wit the riot. So now they are on ten, they keep radioing the dorm wit the riot and the C.Os are answering all you hear is chaos so you can’t even tell what they are saying. So these COs is getting antsy.

I’m chilling in the hallway between dorms and the Cos go in the dorm to lock down all the inmates before they find out what’s happening so it don’t spread. So..here come this cute well spoken sista, she’s the case manager for this dorm. She’s like, you betta come sit wit me in my office cause you ain’t going no where no time soon.

So while they rioting and the different units is arriving and the guns starting to come out and shit, she’s sitting on a file cabinet wit a radio watching and listening as she eats her salad lunch like it’s a whole tv show, dope sista tho.

We spend like 20 to 30 minute talking while the riot going on, joking and shit, I thought we had a connection. So after the riot calm down, she ask me where I’m going next, I’m like, shit I’m out cause with the heightened security I know they ain’t gone let me move around like I wanna.

So she gets up to pack up and she says that she’s leaving, and tells me to wait for her as she packs up. So..the A team and SCDOC Feds come to our location to transport inmates that were on work detail. She stops to talk to one of them to get the full story.

I go in the hallway to make a call, she come out into the hallway and ask why I’m still here.., like she ain’t just ask me to wait for her, like I’m some simp that stood around for here and she tryna let me know that’s what I did..

I was like

1683064476272.gif

“I’m on the phone”

Shits still fucking wit me…

Played me like I was a lil boy..lol

I was at work today and a prison riot popped off in one of the adjacent dorms. So the C.Os of the dorm I’m in low key panicking cause their getting all hands calls over the radio but the yard officer is no where to be found so they can’t get out to get in the dorm wit the riot. So now they are on ten, they keep radioing the dorm wit the riot and the C.Os are answering all you hear is chaos so you can’t even tell what they are saying. So these COs is getting antsy.

I’m chilling in the hallway between dorms and the Cos go in the dorm to lock down all the inmates before they find out what’s happening so it don’t spread. So..here come this cute well spoken sista, she’s the case manager for this dorm. She’s like, you betta come sit wit me in my office cause you ain’t going no where no time soon.

So while they rioting and the different units is arriving and the guns starting to come out and shit, she’s sitting on a file cabinet wit a radio watching and listening as she eats her salad lunch like it’s a whole tv show, dope sista tho.

We spend like 20 to 30 minute talking while the riot going on, joking and shit, I thought we had a connection. So after the riot calm down, she ask me where I’m going next, I’m like, shit I’m out cause with the heightened security I know they ain’t gone let me move around like I wanna.

So she gets up to pack up and she says that she’s leaving, and tells me to wait for her as she packs up. So..the A team and SCDOC Feds come to our location to transport inmates that were on work detail. She stops to talk to one of them to get the full story.

I go in the hallway to make a call, she come out into the hallway and ask why I’m still here.., like she ain’t just ask me to wait for her, like I’m some simp that stood around for here and she tryna let me know that’s what I did..

I was like

View attachment 1074879

“I’m on the phone”

Shits still fucking wit me…

Played me like I was a lil boy..lol
1683066243893.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back