Welcome To aBlackWeb

50 Cent Says Lloyd Banks Refused To Do Social Media Because 2Pac & Biggie Didn't

He introverted.

Being on top of the world when you introverted can be hard.

Not everybody trying to be 6ix9ine and have the whole world watching your moves.

I couldn't handle that shit.

Facts. I Feel like any rapper with at least a platinum album not a slew of kids can be good for life even if they not always going platinum. Not to slander 50 but he rich af and known for being a troll and a bad dad. Lloyd probably was like nah

You don’t need to use social media.

i disagree... the value of social media is highly valuable for people wanting an audience & looking to make money... you don’t think this type of social media today would’ve boosted each of their fan bases and gave em more listens/sells/streams? (had the current state of social media been around when they came out)

I'm not talking about Lloyd Banks specifically, but you have to consider that some rappers just aren't smart.

Some people are good at writing rhymes and rapping, but they have zero business acumen.

And another thing to consider is that some rappers don't want to be in the spotlight. All they want is their 15 minutes of fame and a check in the mail every quarter and they're happy.

I'm not talking about Lloyd Banks in particular, but it's something to consider.

I never knew Banks was no longer in G-Unit. He could've used Hov has an example instead of Big and Pac lol

I'm gonna see if Fif's book is a on audible and listen to it tomorrow.

Yall make some good points but do yall think Banks could've been a bigger/better artist?

Hov's protege (Kanye) became a mega star, Wayne's protege (Drake) became a megastar, meanwhile I don't even think Banks was mentioned in our "top 50 rappers" tournament.

Did Banks live up to his potential?

I'm not talking about Lloyd Banks specifically, but you have to consider that some rappers just aren't smart.

Some people are good at writing rhymes and rapping, but they have zero business acumen.
That's how a lot of rappers, musicians, etc. get taken advantage of as well. They either don't understand the business part of it or aren't interested in it for one reason or another and have other people do it for them.

Yall make some good points but do yall think Banks could've been a bigger/better artist?

Hov's protege (Kanye) became a mega star, Wayne's protege (Drake) became a megastar, meanwhile I don't even think Banks was mentioned in our "top 50 rappers" tournament.

Banks peak would be what Fab became, niggas can rap but something is missing.

Cosign and I think the disconnect with 50 is that 50 was always more ambitious and the others didnt want the world. They just wanted to get out the hood, buy they moms a crib in the burbs and never have to worry about the streets or money again.

Banks, Buck and yayo had platinum albums, and made $10 million before they hit 30. There's no need for them to go on after that because they've done everything they could in music and reached their dreams and there is nothing wrong with that.

Yeah I was watching Tekashi69 on instagram talking about how his watch is worth $1.4 million. I hope he has money invested in some sort of an escrow/trust so he gets checks every 1st and 15th of the month for the rest of his life. Because if he blew all of his money on jewelry he's going to feel/look like an idiot when his 15 minutes are up.

Every rapper should learn how to invest their money into a trust that pays interest/dividends for life.

And once you've reached the level of success that you're getting, say, $5,000 on the first and 15th of every month for the rest of your life, with interest, you should take care of your immediate family members (brothers, sisters, parents, children) so they're taken care of too.

And if there's still money left over after taking care of your immediate family members, you can either take care of cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews, or you can splurge on expensive cars and jewelry, but it would be a shame to see a rapper driving a Bentley while his immediate family members are struggling to pay their bills and working a 9-5.

Salute to 50. A bonafide go getter. Like it or not, social media is a great marketing tool. Drake is a mastermind in this. Bank lost his desire after his father past away.

He’s in a good space, all that matters.

I think he could have last year when he dropped that mixtape I stayed bumpin tho tracks.

Back