Welcome To aBlackWeb

50 Cent Says Lloyd Banks Refused To Do Social Media Because 2Pac & Biggie Didn't

You guys should check out the book. Fif drops a lot of jewels. He has a great chapter on silence and also debunks a lot of falsehoods that pervade our culture regarding drugs and spending money. He also talks about business decisions he made in music and in corporate and the backstory behind them.

Fif said that while he was stacking he didn't partake in drugs or alcohol because he didn't want to grow dependent on it and many artists get defeated by it.

I just heard a 2 min snippet of it on the Budden Podcast, Fif reads like the school bully who hated to read in front of the class. I'm still gonna try to listen to this shit tomorrow.

You guys should check out the book. Fif drops a lot of jewels. He has a great chapter on silence and also debunks a lot of falsehoods that pervade our culture regarding drugs and spending money. He also talks about business decisions he made in music and in corporate and the backstory behind them.

Fif said that while he was stacking he didn't partake in drugs or alcohol because he didn't want to grow dependent on it and many artists get defeated by it.

If anyones interested.....

Came across some links to the audiobook
or https://www.file-up.org/jr4nlxkviky9

Anyone who makes a conscious decision not to partake in social media is doing themselves a favor.

It's the people who get on social media acting like dumbasses and refuse to put the phone down that need to learn i.e. 50 Cent, Nicki Minaj, Jay Electronica, Bow Wow. Meek Mill, etc.

Anyone who makes a conscious decision not to partake in social media is doing themselves a favor.

It's the people who get on social media acting like dumbasses and refuse to put the phone down that need to learn i.e. 50 Cent, Nicki Minaj, Jay Electronica, Bow Wow. Meek Mill, etc.

I'm not sure about that.

Donald Trump was using Twitter during his campaign. And from my recollection Hillary wasn't.

I'm not saying that using Twitter is how Trump won the election but it seems like it didn't hurt.

Yo I used to try and push niggas to want more for themselves to the point where I was giving them the game and doing the work for them SMMFH. Certain niggas just dont want to practice or put in anymore effort than they need to.

It's frustrating as hell but there's nothing you can do about another person's ambition. I have a sibling that is enormously talented and I've offered to pay for his entire education AND get him the contacts he needs to have the best job setup and the red carpet treatment but this nigga always has excuses and doesn't want to try. But he'll be online gaming tho from 7PM to 12PM the next day.

Sounds like a lot of friends I grew up with.

Pushed them to do better and they had a better start than I did, but they just wanted to be bums.

Cut off a lot of people that don't wanna grow, in the end they still complain about their shifty situations smh.

I'm not sure about that.

Donald Trump was using Twitter during his campaign. And from my recollection Hillary wasn't.

I'm not saying that using Twitter is how Trump won the election but it seems like it didn't hurt.
Hillary is an extremely dislikable person though.

She and social media is a lose lose situation.

It also matters that she won the popular vote but that's another conversation.

If their reason is the same as Banks' they just as dumb.

50 always had trouble gettin' them Unit niggas to play along.

I think 50 has a point when he says Banks and yayo got too much too soon and that made them not work as hard. But at the same time, 50 expectation for them dudes were a bit unrealistic. I remember him saying he expected Banks to be his Kanye. Banks ain't that type of artist and Yayo ain't no where near Banks level far as artistry. If 50 was looking for star appeal, he shoulda looked for artists that fit that mold. Banks one of favorite rappers of all time, but as fan. I knew what he was and knew what I was getting. Good enough for me

Banks did blow up, he just hit his ceiling and didnt go further than he did. Banks went platinum off the G-unit momentum and his talent.
Nah that was just the beginning, I think he could've skyrocketed.

Be in movies, boss of his own crew. Single with eminem.

Songs with jada and styles, honestly think a back and forth between punchline banks and jada would've been crazy.

Banks time was within 04-08 he dropped that ball and his album got leaked as well

Banks had a second wind with HFM2 and songs like Beamer Benz or Bentley and Start It Up. But he didn't really take advantage of it and push it further

I think 50 has a point when he says Banks and yayo got too much too soon and that made them not work as hard. But at the same time, 50 expectation for them dudes were a bit unrealistic. I remember him saying he expected Banks to be his Kanye. Banks ain't that type of artist and Yayo ain't no where near Banks level far as artistry. If 50 was looking for star appeal, he shoulda looked for artists that fit that mold. Banks one of favorite rappers of all time, but as fan. I knew what he was and knew what I was getting. Good enough for me

They're his friends from way back tho', right? He cudda told they they have to be like Mase or yeah he cudda just found artists who would play the game but for me Banks and Yayo are some bums.

I watched a vid one time of 50 complainin' that none of them were wearin' G Unit clothes.

I get that not everyone wants to be a big star they owe 50 a lot and small shit like social media should just be a given

Back