Welcome To aBlackWeb

50 Cent Says Lloyd Banks Refused To Do Social Media Because 2Pac & Biggie Didn't

Banks never came off as the type of artist that wanted to be some huge superstar. Just wanted niggas to say he was nice, make dope music, get some money and be respected by his peers...dude achieved all that and went into chill mode. Nothing wrong w that...NOW, if Banks came out on some. "I shoulda been bigger, the label dropped the ball" etc. I would look at him sideways IMO. Theres also nothing wrong w your boss wanting you to be better...I'm sure we all know someone whose potential w see more than them.
Ironically I got a little cousin that makes music. Dope as fuck, but just not be motivated all the time. Dude has all the potential in the world, but until he see it, is prob not gonna happen for him

Banks had a second wind with HFM2 and songs like Beamer Benz or Bentley and Start It Up. But he didn't really take advantage of it and push it further
I didn't like the new raspy voice banks.

I had punchline banks in my top 20.

He reminded me of biggie.

Banks should've been on this, this was the hottest young rappers from NY on one track. but because of 50 he couldn't

When you think about all the musicians who came and went or are still around today, you notice that very few are or were natural born leaders. I don't think Lloyd Banks had that leadership mentality or the drive. You can liken this to athletes as well. There are athletes who were better because of their teammates (i.e. Scottie Pippen, Kevin McHale, John Stockton, etc).

Cosign the bolded.

Some athletes are natural role players/wingmen. They're not gonna go out there and score 50 points, but they'll score 15 points, like Robert Horrey.

In Hip Hop Lloyd Banks is like Inspectah Deck. He bodied C.R.E.A.M which is a top 10 Hip Hop song, but he never really shined outside of the group albums.

But that's ok, he played his role and made his contribution to the genre.

y'all think Banks would've made it without 50/G Unit? He's talented but I dunno if he would've been more than a mixtape rapper

Back in 2010, if Bank had Kanye to oversee and EP his album, he would have a far better project and maybe just maybe signed over to GOOD Music, but 50 being 50 woulda done some shit to tarnish that. 50 is problematic IMO, but that's another story.

Same time, I see Banks to be hella lazy as far as marketing himself and getting the ball rolling. Talented as hell though.

Bottom line 50 was beefing with everybody the industry. That must have made it difficult for Banks to get features.

Last edited:
Back