Welcome To aBlackWeb

50 Cent Says Lloyd Banks Refused To Do Social Media Because 2Pac & Biggie Didn't

First off Ye being Jay's protege should have asterisks because Dame gave Ye his shot and Ye ran with it. Ye was established before and after the ROC split. Jay didn't even want Kanye to rhyme. Anyways.....

Yea i disagree with this whole thing, but i won't derail the thread lol We can make a separate thread for it, but i'm 1000% sure even Ye would admit he's Jay's protege.

As far as Banks, I think he somewhat dropped the ball. He definitely had potential to be considered one of the best MCs and he's hardly ever mentioned. I don't think he ever had the "it" factor to be a megastar, but there's no reason for him to not be in the top MC discussion.

Yall make some good points but do yall think Banks could've been a bigger/better artist?

Hov's protege (Kanye) became a mega star, Wayne's protege (Drake) became a megastar, meanwhile I don't even think Banks was mentioned in our "top 50 rappers" tournament.

Did Banks live up to his potential?
The niggas u mentioned had personalities and quickly transitioned outside of music and that’s rare ....Banks never made anyone care about him outside his rapping....Banks lived up to his potential IMO as a rapper

Yall real complacent with satisfactory lol

Banks should be mentioned in the best MCs discussion and never is.

Banks wasn't mention the top 50 (FIFTY) rappers discussion on and off the site.

He dropped the ball. If you was outside when Banks first hit the scene, you know he dropped the ball.

He dropped the ball. If you was outside when Banks first hit the scene, you know he dropped the ball.
I’m saying what more could he do?

If he aint want it.. he aint want it... lol

If he wanted more success he woulda put in the work for it. When folks talk about Banks they say dude likes to stay low key and keep to himself and his fam.. and releases music when he feels like it lol

More such as?
He got one good album, a person with his lyrical abilities should have at the least 5 albums. Like Goldie said he's not even mentioned when a list of top mc's are discussed. Dude had the talent to be more but he just didn't want it. He could at least had a career similar to Fabolous but for some reason he didn't want that.

He got one good album, a person with his lyrical abilities should have at the least 5 albums. Like Goldie said he's not even mentioned when a list of top mc's are discussed. Dude had the talent to be more but he just didn't want it. He could at least had a career similar to Fabolous but for some reason he didn't want that.

Granted I never been the biggest Fab fan but id go as far to say Banks even in his "laziness" had more MAINSTREAM success than Fab..

If he aint want it.. he aint want it... lol

If he wanted more success he woulda put in the work for it. When folks talk about Banks they say dude likes to stay low key and keep to himself and his fam.. and releases music when he feels like it lol

If that's what makes him happy I guess that's all that matters. But in regards to his career, he dropped the ball. Nothing personal against Banks, same as if Jordan quit in 1989 to spend time with his wife, that's cool and all, but he would've wasted his career.

I don't wanna hear any of yall "He just wanted to spend time with the kids" niggas say shit else about Jay E.

Granted I never been the biggest Fab fan but id go as far to say Banks even in his "laziness" had more MAINSTREAM success than Fab..
Nah, fab stayed dropping hits after hits toward the top of the charts. Banks just rode 50's popularity

Fab is running around hosting night clubs no one is clamoring for Fab s music like that...Fab s last real album was in 2014....

Back