Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED 2023 NBA Offseason Thread

test
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nets do it again for like the 3rd time by signing a player that is good for them in theory with no real Avenue to play decent mins

Hope the next place he goes is a bit more permanent

Last edited:
I’m a Spurs fan who has seen that when you win the league has no choice, but to put you on television. Once you’re on television all the time casual fans and the media will talk and maybe embrace your greatness because they have no damn choice. Lmao.

There was never a ton of Bucks fans until Giannis started balling out and getting put on television. The same with Cleveland, San Antonio, and even Golden State.
Fam no disrespect to your team cause this isnt me shitting on small markets, just making a point.

The era you are talking about when the Spurs were dominant is some of the worst ratings the NBA drew in the modern era.

NBA will put who draws the most on TV. The league has a duty to make money for the players and owners.

Fam no disrespect to your team cause this isnt me shitting on small markets, just making a point.

The era you are talking about when the Spurs were dominant is some of the worst ratings the NBA drew in the modern era.

NBA will put who draws the most on TV. The league has a duty to make money for the players and owners.

The team was good for 20 plus seasons. So the ratings was trash in the NBA the whole time? What are you talking about? Lmao.

Casual fans in bars or even at home will watch any game if it’s close and interesting. Casual fans will watch and parrot the same dumb talking points the media pushes because they don’t watch or know the league. They just know bullet points. The media assist hugely in making players household names.

When the Knicks, Lakers, and Celtics weren’t doing well, the league did fine. I will most definitely admit when those teams are good to great the league does way better in the United States.

The best thing to ever happen to the NBA is the dream team and the reason it’s the best thing to happen is due to global marketing. That olympics and team helped turn the league into a global brand. People from other countries don’t care as much about the American public favorites as much as they care about watching a good game, player, or someone who actually is from their country balling out. The reason a lot of teams and players are global entities and ambassadors can be traced back to that team.

I get what hip hop is saying though

Why are players having discussions in public forums about young players leaving small markets for larger markets

Like what's wrong with saying "I hope he does great where he is and puts that city on the map"

Man fuck it, contract the fuck out the league and just have a Lakers Celtics finals every year

The Timberwolves have 5 games on ESPN and TNT this upcoming season. And a bunch of NBA TV games. But niggas was acting like I was tripping.

Giving teams more exposure. Edwards is one of the best rising stars in the league, no way they should only have 5 national tv games total between ESPN and TNT
Yeah but then you have to

A: Worry about the other team in the matchup

And

B: Take games away from other teams

And figure out how to do that

Would you add 3 more games to the wolves at the expense of wemby, Sixers Knicks, or Celtics?

No you wouldn’t

Yeah but then you have to

A: Worry about the other team in the matchup

And

B: Take games away from other teams

And figure out how to do that

Would you add 3 more games to the wolves at the expense of wemby, Sixers Knicks, or Celtics?

No you wouldn’t
Good point 🙃

One or two less Celtics Knicks, Sixers Warriors just to showcase a rising star or two wouldnt be the end of the world. As for matchups. Nuggets, Kings, Cavs, Hawks, Hornets, Warriors, Lakers, Suns to name a few.
Why take money/viewership away willingly?

Let’s say the wolves aren’t that good (based on last year they not even a playoff team)

Why would you give a losing team more games where they can potentially have a higher chance of being blown out which would hurt viewership even more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back