Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED 2023 NBA Offseason Thread

test
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota starts winning more consistently and he keeps balling out the league and it’s television partners will have no choice but to show him and the team more on national television.

LeBron became and international superstar playing in Cleveland……

I hate casuals ( that includes players) takes sometimes. Lol

Minnesota starts winning more consistently and he keeps balling out the league and it’s television partners will have no choice but to show him and the team more on national television.

Eh

Lebron's high School games were broadcast on national TV. While I get the point you're trying to make, I wouldn't have used this one

Problem is, nobody is confident in Minnesota being good consistently and Lebron is such an outlier

Yall keep blaming the league for this but its really just how casual fans are built.

Casual fans care more about their local teams than teams on a national level. That said, if your local market is the NY tri state area, thats 30 mil people vs if your local market is Minneapolis, you get 500k people and even if you take the whole state of Minny, thats like 5 mil people.

On top of that, you add the fact that a fan in Iowa cares more about a team in LA, NY, Miami, or Chicago more than fans from those big cities care about a game in Iowa, and you end up in this situation.

Add to that, someone making 50Ms a year rather live in a big city with more to do than a city like Minneapolis.

The NBA would love for the small markets to keep their players, and the last 3 CBA deals tried to make it harder and harder for players to leave but it doesnt work.

Can blame NBA all you want but its a reality of market size and how casual fans consume the league.

NBA cant do shit bout that.

As far as the wolves and Edwards

You keep Him long term by trading for a guy to pair with him

Wolves shot themselves doing the Gobert trade when they really didn’t have to

Edwards not in danger of leaving for probably Atleast another 4 years

They just gotta have a decent foundation and timeline by then

Media of course takes blame for always trying to push players to the Knicks/lakers/Celtics

But if more teams can be consistently good you can get more pushes to the spurs/magics of the world

In theory

That's pressure 😂 but what else can they do at this point. They aren't gonna attract good end of the bench guys cause they want to sign to situations where they can get a decent shot so might as well sign alex at least theres some kind of benefit no matterhow ridiculous it might seem. If it works then it works lol.

We should be supporting black nepotism whole heartedly anyway. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Problem is, nobody is confident in Minnesota being good consistently and Lebron is such an outlier
Eh

Lebron's high School games were broadcast on national TV. While I get the point you're trying to make, I wouldn't have used this one

@AP2.5
You helped my point with bringing up LeBron having high school games on television. The guy is from Akron and the media found and promoted his talent back then all the way until now. Zion falls into the same situation, with him being from a smaller spot in South Carolina

@Sony Montana

I do agree about Minnesota having to actually show they will be consistently good. Lol.

I’m kinda surprised you’re agreeing with this silly narrative because you actually watch a lot of NBA basketball .

You have talking heads and media personalities who openly try and sway these players to go to their favorite vacation destinations, so they can chill while covering the playoffs or finals. Lmao. Then casual fans regurgitate this nonsense.

Some of the best and most famous NBA players the last 20 years have flourished marketing wise in small media markets. Word to Durant, Westbrook, Giannis, and LeBron.

@AP2.5
You helped my point with bringing up LeBron having high school games on television. The guy is from Akron and the media found and promoted his talent back then all the way until now. Zion falls into the same situation, with him being from a smaller spot in South Carolina

@Sony Montana

I do agree about Minnesota having to actually show they will be consistently good. Lol.

I’m kinda surprised you’re agreeing with this silly narrative because you actually watch a lot of NBA basketball .

You have talking heads and media personalities who openly try and sway these players to go to their favorite vacation destinations, so they can chill while covering the playoffs or finals. Lmao. Then casual fans regurgitate this nonsense.

Some of the best and most famous NBA players the last 20 years have flourished marketing wise in small media markets. Word to Durant, Westbrook, Giannis, and LeBron.
Oh no I wasn’t agreeing with it lol

Just playing Devil’s advocate from a casual POV

I dont think Ant needs to leave minny to be a big star and I don’t think he needs to leave to be successful but I will say, Ant being in a huge market would do wonders for him and the league so a part of me would want to see that just to see what it looks like

Yall keep blaming the league for this but its really just how casual fans are built.

Casual fans care more about their local teams than teams on a national level. That said, if your local market is the NY tri state area, thats 30 mil people vs if your local market is Minneapolis, you get 500k people and even if you take the whole state of Minny, thats like 5 mil people.

On top of that, you add the fact that a fan in Iowa cares more about a team in LA, NY, Miami, or Chicago more than fans from those big cities care about a game in Iowa, and you end up in this situation.

Add to that, someone making 50Ms a year rather live in a big city with more to do than a city like Minneapolis.

The NBA would love for the small markets to keep their players, and the last 3 CBA deals tried to make it harder and harder for players to leave but it doesnt work.

Can blame NBA all you want but its a reality of market size and how casual fans consume the league.

NBA cant do shit bout that.
I’m a Spurs fan who has seen that when you win the league has no choice, but to put you on television. Once you’re on television all the time casual fans and the media will talk and maybe embrace your greatness because they have no damn choice. Lmao.

There was never a ton of Bucks fans until Giannis started balling out and getting put on television. The same with Cleveland, San Antonio, and even Golden State.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back