Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wenbamyamama next up too

Americans gonna be scrambling when Lebron, KD, and Curry retire

unless booker, Mobley, or someone else steps up

Free agent wing Svi Mykhailiuk, whose guaranteed minimum-salary contract was waived by Toronto a couple of weeks ago, is prioritizing an NBA return over European opportunities, according to Christos Tsaltas of Greek outlet SDNA (translation via Google Translate).

The No. 47 overall pick of the 2018 draft, Mykhailiuk has bounced around a bit during his four-year NBA tenure, having played for the Lakers, Pistons, Thunder and Raptors. He had a down season in 2021/22 and didn’t receive much playing time for the Raptors, which is why they waived him, but he’s got good size at 6’7″ and 205 pounds, is only 25 years old, and is a career 35.3% three-point shooter — a decent mark.

Mykhailiuk just finished suiting up for Ukraine’s national team at EuroBasket, averaging 17 points, 5 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 2.2 steals on .400/.341/.842 shooting in six games (29.2 minutes). Ukraine was eliminated by Poland in the round of 16, with Mykhailiuk saying afterward that he hoped the team gave the war-torn nation a welcome distraction despite the loss.

According to Tsaltas, Mykhailiuk’s top priority as a free agent is finding another NBA team, noting that he’s spent several years stateside, having played four years of college at Kansas prior to his NBA career. If he’s unable to find a roster spot, Tsaltas writes that Mykhailiuk hasn’t ruled out a G League stint with the goal of returning to the NBA. Mykhailiuk scored 40 points on .478/.438/1.000 shooting in his lone G League game last season with the Raptors 905.

Mykhailiuk is drawing interest from European clubs, but is focused on the NBA and isn’t expected to consider a return to Europe until he exhausts all NBA possibilities, Tsaltas adds. In 220 career games (40 starts, 17.0 minutes), Mykhailiuk holds averages of 6.6 points and 1.8 rebounds on .398/.353/.785 shooting.

When he's on he looks like hidden gem but when he's off which seems to be a lot of the time it's bad. Hope he can get the time somewhere to put it together. He just doesn't fit the timeline. Good kid tho. Plays hard on both ends.

I’ll say it, I might be shook of wemby

He Might be too tall. Hope I’m wrong
My man…I actually don’t trust his long term viability

sucks I know but I don’t think he’s gonna be a offensive juggernaut

BUT for the defensive upside I wouldn’t mind drafting him #1

basically I’m not drafting him to be a star

I wonder how under armour shoes are performance wise

I haven't tried their basketball shoes (haven't worn a dedicated pair of basketball shoes since I was hooping in high school) but their runners have always been quality to me. There was a point for a few years wear I didn't rock nothing but UA runners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drafting a nigga at #1 to not be a star is crazy.
Yes and no imo

like if I can get a guy to anchor my defense for Atleast 8 years and get whatever offense out of him as a bonus I don’t think it should be looked at as a bad thing (I think that thinking was why thabeet went #2 way back when)

like If the pistons got the #1 pick and drafted him I would feel really good about it because he doesn’t need to be the star on that team anyways

Yes and no imo

like if I can get a guy to anchor my defense for Atleast 8 years and get whatever offense out of him as a bonus I don’t think it should be looked at as a bad thing (I think that thinking was why thabeet went #2 way back when)

like If the pistons got the #1 pick and drafted him I would feel really good about it because he doesn’t need to be the star on that team anyways

Ehh. You can draft a nigga at #1 to not be the cornerstone/franchise player but drafting him at #1 not expecting him to be a star is dumb imo. If you don't think the nigga you're eyeing can be a star at #1 you trade down. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Ehh. You can draft a nigga at #1 to not be the cornerstone/franchise player but drafting him at #1 not expecting him to be a star is dumb imo. If you don't think the nigga you're eyeing can be a star at #1 you trade down. 🤷🏿‍♂️
I mean yeah I agree but only half agree

you’re not wrong but I don’t think I’m wrong either

like if a team thinks Victor is gonna be great and has great potential but probably can’t be a #1 option at all in his career I can’t hold it against them if they still draft him

the Other players in the draft also dictate the decision

What’s conflicting with my philosophy is I also think you shouldn’t draft a big at #1 anymore lol

BUT that’s with the thinking that you want #1 to be your superstar down the road

Okay to simplify, I think Vic can go #1 even if it’s just for his defensive skills and potential because that’s a very valuable thing to have as a foundational piece for a team long term

but in a general sense I don’t think you should draft a big #1

I mean yeah I agree but only half agree

you’re not wrong but I don’t think I’m wrong either

like if a team thinks Victor is gonna be great and has great potential but probably can’t be a #1 option at all in his career I can’t hold it against them if they still draft him

the Other players in the draft also dictate the decision

What’s conflicting with my philosophy is I also think you shouldn’t draft a big at #1 anymore lol

BUT that’s with the thinking that you want #1 to be your superstar down the road

Okay to simplify, I think Vic can go #1 even if it’s just for his defensive skills and potential because that’s a very valuable thing to have as a foundational piece for a team long term

but in a general sense I don’t think you should draft a big #1

You keep moving the goal posts. And are all over the place. Not sure exactly what it is we're even talking about at this point. Enjoy the rest of your morning bro.

Yes and no imo

You're just wasting a high draft pick on a skill set you can find later in the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back