Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looking like one of those convos where a person is proven wrong multiple times but have chosen this the hill their willing to die on even though they wrong.

Not 100% but I’m saying guys between 6’10+ where were they placed before KG came through?

Not 100% on the box when they showed they had to skills to sometimes play on the perimeter like the 4's people have listed did before KG came around.

This looking like one of those convos where a person is proven wrong multiple times but have chosen this the hill their willing to die on even though they wrong.
Did the term stretch 4 exist before KG and Dirk yes or no? Mentioning 5 niggaz that weren’t technically a stretch 4’s cuz they shot a few jumpers is some bullshit

I’m no signing the fact that you said they didn’t pioneer anything when I’m giving you my reason why. How many 7 footers were playing on the perimeter before KG and Dirk

Sabonis, Divac off the top of my head but lemme guess you gonna move the goal posts back in the other direction now and tell me they centers so they don't qualify.

I already mentioned kukoc and shrempf

Shut the fuck up man.

Did the term stretch 4 exist before KG and Dirk yes or no? Mentioning 5 niggaz that weren’t technically a stretch 4’s cuz they shot a few jumpers is some bullshit

Did America exist before Columbus "discovered" it?

Think about what you saying for real. Just cause the term "stretch 4" wasn't used doesn't mean that type of player didn't exist already.

Sabonis, Divac off the top of my head but lemme guess you gonna move the goal posts back in the other direction now and tell me they centers so they don't qualify.

Shut the fuck up man.
No YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP. I didn’t say everyone big played in the paint I’ve listed the players KG influenced and who created the term stretch 4. We’re not talking about centers that can pass, KG PIONEERED THE STRETCH 4 nobody called themselves that no matter who front court player you bring up

No YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP. I didn’t say everyone big played in the paint I’ve listed the players KG influenced and who created the term stretch 4. We’re not talking about centers that can pass, KG PIONEERED THE STRETCH 4 nobody called themselves that no matter who front court player you bring up

You think sabonis and Divac were just centers who could pass well?

Say less man. 🤦🏿‍♂️

Did America exist before Columbus "discovered" it?

Think about what you saying for real. Just cause the term "stretch 4" wasn't used doesn't mean that type of player didn't exist already.
So who was consistent a stretch 4 outside of cliff Robinson? Niggaz mentioning Barkley like he didn’t have a 5 second back to the basket rule named after him

KG revolutionized the power forward position I named the players he influenced let alone the fact he skipped college when it wasn’t popular giving access to the Kobe and Bron’s of the world

They could shoot but why bring centers into a stretch 4 convo?

You brought up 7footers trying to move the goal post and now you're proceeding to try and move them back like I said you would.

You should just stop replying at this point.

During the 1995 Western Conference semifinals, Houston Rockets Coach Rudy Tomjanovich had never heard the term “stretch-4,” because it had not entered the basketball vernacular. The phrase “pace and space” did not exist. Tomjanovich only sought a means to guard Phoenix Suns forward Charles Barkley without double-teaming him, to prevent passes to open three-point shooters. And so Tomjanovich tried something new. He played usual small forward Robert Horry at power forward.

The 'Stretch 4s' of the '90s speak on today's perimeter-oriented big men

over-its.gif

larry-david-curb-your-enthusiasm.gif

You brought up 7footers trying to move the goal post and now you're proceeding to try and move them back like I said you would.

You should just stop replying at this point.
It’s not moving goal post it’s a genuine question, YOU couldn’t think of any power forwards that’s legit stretch 4’s so you had to bring up 2 foreign big men because you KNOW there weren’t a lot of big men shooting jumpers

During the 1995 Western Conference semifinals, Houston Rockets Coach Rudy Tomjanovich had never heard the term “stretch-4,” because it had not entered the basketball vernacular. The phrase “pace and space” did not exist. Tomjanovich only sought a means to guard Phoenix Suns forward Charles Barkley without double-teaming him, to prevent passes to open three-point shooters. And so Tomjanovich tried something new. He played usual small forward Robert Horry at power forward.

The 'Stretch 4s' of the '90s speak on today's perimeter-oriented big men

over-its.gif

larry-david-curb-your-enthusiasm.gif
Lmao y’all can think Barkley was a stretch 4 all u want man he wouldn’t even call himself that , it started and thrived with KG I have u a list of guys he influenced

How something start with somebody when players was doing it about a decade before. That's like saying Steph pioneered the three point shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back