Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm I'm bored and was inspired by a previous conversation we had, I'm really looking at the rosters and doing some way too early projections for the playoffs in the West

Warriors playing with house money
Rockets, Spurs, Jazz and Thunder not playing for wins

Everyone else is under extreme pressure and/or approaching disaster potential (for reference Dallas and Utah were my only disaster potential teams last season)

Mavs - can't really afford to take a step back, anything less than a competitive conference finals trip is probably a fail....and I think their roster is significantly worse than last year's fluke run

Pels - they avoided disaster potential by getting Zion locked up but I think it's still pressure to build on last year's success and possibly win a round

Nuggets - Should be conference finals(maybe even finals) or bust....MPJ probably the biggest X-Factor in basketball. Jokic just reupped but the clock is always ticking...

Timberwolves- Just mortgaged the future for 30 year old Rudy Gobert, definitely need to get to the conference finals(they wont) in order to justify that...Towns could be the next star who wants out too

Clippers - Roster is great on paper but it's finals or bust....Kawhi and PG under contract this season and next then they both have player options. If they get doomed by injuries again or bounced early from the playoffs it could get ugly and the Clippers traded all of their picks

Blazers - Not necessarily under pressure or disaster potential, they're going to do the thing where they say they're committed to Dame and chase the 7th seed with this mediocre roster but they can/will blow it up once Dame sees he's back on the treadmill so it not too hard to pivot in another direction

Lakers - You already know

Phoenix- Got embarrassed in the playoffs, Chris Paul 37, Ayton got paid but I'm sure it's some hard feelings....should still be a very good regular season team but don't surprised if they have a massive fall off and end up 6 or something....A lot of unaddressed issues, the Sarver situation....Book could be up on the disgruntled star list too

Kangz - Haven't made the playoff in 16 years, enough said(like their roster though, think they will be a play in team)

Last edited:
I was saving the nuggets talk but they have a chance to be really good like top 3 WCF good if everything shakes out well for them

there’s boom and bust potential because of MPJ’s health (but when healthy he’s a 20 ppg scoring big wing) but they are getting Murray back who’s probably one of the best non all star players in the league and they have tinkered with their roster to make it better defensively with guys like KCP and Bruce brown

aaron Gordon is still there as a high level role player as well

add in the best nugget ever and 2x MVP and they can cause a lot of damage

Imo the west is too good and everyone knows it.

So imo, it aint a busy for anyteam that makes the 2nd round and then is competitive in the 2nd round.

There are 5 teams that can legitimately make it out the west imo. And its not fair to call a team a bust that loses to any of them

Imo the west is too good and everyone knows it.

So imo, it aint a busy for anyteam that makes the 2nd round and then is competitive in the 2nd round.

There are 5 teams that can legitimately make it out the west imo. And its not fair to call a team a bust that loses to any of them

Name the 5 teams.

Now that I think about it, the East is really good too.

Hot take alert.

Is this the most competitive time ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back