Welcome To aBlackWeb

2022/23 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth be told, at this moment our only true rival is the Celtics. Spans different teams. Teams have beat each other in the playoffs. Knicks was a rivalry in the 90s. Pacers....that's one-sided. Bulls....eh

Wait this happened? Thats some wild shit to say lol
It was in the early days of this board and I wanted to legit lay hands on whoever said it then thought to myself, you know what, let me remove myself from this interaction

Edit

It was a falcons fan at that. Then posted the record of them when they were in the NFC west with fucking San Francisco and Seattle.

But he got quiet when I posted the record when Sean Payton became the saints coach

@silverfoxx @Dwayne @IceManKamReturns

Can I know why pelicans/Grizzlies is a rivalry? I’m not privvy
We used to play on MLK day alot, and it's basically the Zion and Ja draft. But imo it's no longer a rivalry since they past us up with everything from drafting, to culture, to coaching, etc.

Shit depressing to think we started with more assets from the Lakers draft and they cooked us regardless.

The only win we have over them is getting their pick in a trade and drafting Trey Murphy over Ziare Williams.

We used to play on MLK day alot, and it's basically the Zion and Ja draft. But imo it's no longer a rivalry since they past us up with everything from drafting, to culture, to coaching, etc.

Shit depressing to think we started with more assets from the Lakers draft and they cooked us regardless.

The only win we have over them is getting their pick in a trade and drafting Trey Murphy over Ziare Williams.
Ahhh okay cool so it’s not really a rivalry

Thanks for a real fan’s perspective

Lmao.

They haven’t passed up in none of that.

We are an injured team every year and when healthy we are better.

There’s realistically only about 3-4 rivalries in the NBA:

Grizz-Warriors is the freshest rivalry

Sixers-Celtics might be the oldest

Clippers-Lakers is still a legit rivalry, even tho it’s been one-sided as fuck since the bubble

Knicks-Nets always gets the City goin
——————————————————————-
Lakers-Warriors is really just about Steph vs Bron

Bulls-Knicks don’t exist as a rivalry past 1998

Lakers-Celtics hasn’t been a thing since 2010, but it was so important to the league, they’ll keep rehashing it.

The other “rivalries” in the NBA isn’t team-to-team, it’s player-to-player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back