Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atlanta had a pretty good offseason

Extended Trae Young
Re-signed Lou Will, Collins and Solomon Hill
Drafted Sharife Cooper and Jalen Johnson
Basically getting two guys back who couldn't really help in their playoff run in Reddish and Hunter

Hawks going to have to consolidate at some point but they've done a good job of accumulating talent and assets to make a trade at some point

Usually teams tha exceed expectations or are seemingly ahead of their timeline one year generally take a step back the next season but Atlanta might actually be on th somethinng

what players from the 2019 draft are you looking forward to watching?
RJ, Ja, Zion how much can they elevate/augment their games and grow in the third year? Zion I don't expect a crazy change since he's been balling out but I suppose health wise can he maintain. Ja as well can he learn to slow himself down to preserve those knees?

Far as RJ I can't wait to see how ekse he can improve. From 61% ft to 75% is crazy can he hit 80 this season? 40% from 3 can he do that again? Can he improve his handles to get better at driving and improve finishing right to up his finishing ability?

Atlanta had a pretty good offseason

Extended Trae Young
Re-signed Lou Will, Collins and Solomon Hill
Drafted Sharife Cooper and Jalen Johnson
Basically getting two guys back who couldn't really help in their playoff run in Reddish and Hunter

Hawks going to have to consolidate at some point but they've done a good job of accumulating talent and assets to make a trade at some point

Usually teams tha exceed expectations or are seemingly ahead of their timeline one year generally take a step back the next season but Atlanta might actually be on th somethinng
A full year of Nate if they don't exceed last season they should easily maintain they're bringing most of their players back. Consistency will help alot plus more stability in the coaching.

LaMelo
Jordan Nwora
Tyrell Terry
Bane
Vassell
Hayes/Bey
Ant

Add Coby to 2019( he making Zack expendable) imo they do the same thing, playing for the same position

I haven’t watched the recent amateurs to speak on them
I wanted to see how much shorter the list got the further back you go

I was gauging interest levels regarding the influx of players every year

RJ, Ja, Zion how much can they elevate/augment their games and grow in the third year? Zion I don't expect a crazy change since he's been balling out but I suppose health wise can he maintain. Ja as well can he learn to slow himself down to preserve those knees?

Far as RJ I can't wait to see how ekse he can improve. From 61% ft to 75% is crazy can he hit 80 this season? 40% from 3 can he do that again? Can he improve his handles to get better at driving and improve finishing right to up his finishing ability?

RJ really needs to work on getting to his spots with his handles. That was his biggest weakness last year. If he had a lane to the rim, hes strong as fuck and would power his way there. But if he had to dribble to get to his spot in the midrange for a pull up? That wasnt happening.

Thats what im hoping they are working on now.

I wanted to see how much shorter the list got the further back you go

I was gauging interest levels regarding the influx of players every year
It has the nba competition higher than ever

Imo There needs to be an Secondary pro league in place whether that’s g league or something else

Some of these kids bodies not ready or their games but teams don’t want to miss out, then most don’t pan out

It’s good players out the league for a lot of potential that’ll never work out

It has the nba competition higher than ever

Imo There needs to be an Secondary pro league in place whether that’s g league or something else

Some of these kids bodies not ready or their games but teams don’t want to miss out, then most don’t pan out

It’s good players out the league for a lot of potential that’ll never work out
I think there needs to be even more money put into G league because there’s probably 25 or so players that COULD still be in the league which means the talent pool for G league is probably the best it’s ever been.

They need a consistent TV deal

This and every team needs a G-League team.

They also should expand summer league to two teams per team. One for rookies through year 3. Then a separate team for veterans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back