Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021/22 NBA Season Thread

Taj is supposed to be 2nd big off the bench. He been the first big off the bench since Noel been injured.

Taj good though. All bs aside, he can give a really effective 10-15 mins a game.

Rose being out helps too, but defense was ass after rose went out too. This good defense shit only started 2-3 weeks ago.

Offense still complete garbage though and worse than last year.

Either way we bout to go on a run and get that 5th/6th seed
Ahh okay just wanted to see if it was from ppl being inserted or out and everything sounded good until you said that 5th/6th seed shit lol

Well he played on the Clippers over a decade ago so that would be asking a lot....but if he can provide the same production that he has in Houston would help a lot of teams

Lakers
Suns
Nuggets
Philly
Dallas
Ect

Plenty of teams could use him

Dude has one more guaranteed year left at at $20 Mil which is scaring teams off but imo hes only overpaid by about 5 mil....dude is easily a $15 mil a year player especially compared to other shooting guards that he's better than like Tim Hardaway Jr and Buddy Hield
Word word

The clippers thing I really meant how he would be used which was really me saying starting I just was a big fan when he was there so it seeped out

Can't have a winning record when your starting and backup point guards shoot under 30% from 3 your power forward that's been aging rapidly recently, shoots 28% from 3 and the center only scores on lobs and putbacks. This is why i feel like the Portland comparison is lazy. "Brown and Tatum don't pass the ball" they need to improve with playmaking but who the FUCK are they gonna pass it to? Averaging 50ppg with no floor spacing yet everyone wants to blame them smh Stevens needs to get shooters, size and a point guard. Use one of those weak ass trade exceptions in a package for John Wall, Christian wood, buddy Hield, Myles Turner. We as fans are rapidly losing interest in this team as currently constructed if Stevens waits until the February 10th trade deadline to make a move we'll be out of the playoffs by then

Portland comparison only stems from two players there with the same skillsets and neither are versatile and the team would benefit if one was moved to make the team as a whole a bit more well rounded because there’s no other assets that can do that. Also the fact that it’s been years with no real growth as far as getting to the next level as a team to the point of stagnation. Sure there’s outlier years where you do really good but that’s usually a byproduct of everything going right.

that’s where the comparison stops

But what do we know we’re just a HOF player and a forum GOAT saying it so I guess it doesn’t mean much

Can't have a winning record when your starting and backup point guards shoot under 30% from 3 your power forward that's been aging rapidly recently, shoots 28% from 3 and the center only scores on lobs and putbacks. This is why i feel like the Portland comparison is lazy. "Brown and Tatum don't pass the ball" they need to improve with playmaking but who the FUCK are they gonna pass it to? Averaging 50ppg with no floor spacing yet everyone wants to blame them smh Stevens needs to get shooters, size and a point guard. Use one of those weak ass trade exceptions in a package for John Wall, Christian wood, buddy Hield, Myles Turner. We as fans are rapidly losing interest in this team as currently constructed if Stevens waits until the February 10th trade deadline to make a move we'll be out of the playoffs by then

Fam you not wrong, but also Tatum and Brown clearly dont play off each other. Not saying they dont like each other, just saying they just be taking turns.

When one has the ball, the other just stays away to the side.

I didnt see either one setting up the other at all last night

Fam you not wrong, but also Tatum and Brown clearly dont play off each other. Not saying they dont like each other, just saying they just be taking turns.

When one has the ball, the other just stays away to the side.

I didnt see either one setting up the other at all last night

Boston always has too many perimeter players who want to eat and arent connector pieces on offense.....Horford been their bast passer and playmaker during their tenure(minus when he was traded)

Isaiah Thomas
Kyrie
Kemba
Marcus Smart
Fournier
Schroeder

All those guys want to shoot or dribble the air out of the ball

They need a pass first point guard or someone one who can dribble and be a playmaker for others

Last edited:
See the source image

Boston always has too many perimeter players who want to eat and arent connector pieces on offense.....Horford been their bast passer and playmaker during their tenure(minus when he was traded)

Isaiah Thomas
Kyrie
Kemba
Marcus Smart
Fournier
Schroeder

All those guys want to shoot or dribble the ball out of the air

They need a pass first point guard or someone one who can dribble and be a playmaker for others

Idk how a pass first playmaking pg even helps them.

Like I get in theory.

The reality though? Tatum needs the ball in his hand, and Brown needs the ball in his hand.

So you bring in a playmaking pg and take the ball off both their hands and have them play off ball and plan for the PG to find them?

Itll work but I doubt Tatum and Brown will buy in long term.

Back