Welcome To aBlackWeb

2021/22 NBA Season Thread

As a watcher of 82 games in 13 and this year it’s not even close.

Preseason opinions are thrown out. Both had odds. Who agreed with said odds are moot.

I can’t even recall a game this season where they kicked someone ass start to finish. 13 blew out bunch of teams. And actually was decent when all the guys played. This year team would get waxed on nights when all the big 3 played.
I’ll concede because I don’t remember games from 2013. Lakers had a rough 10 years though

ehh as lean as it is only a handful teams can say they had a better 10. Unless racking up wins with nothing to show for it is John Blaze.

Ahhh you have a different measurement of I guess…”success” over a decade

some people think consistency is success, some might judge relevancy or revenue and attention, some might judge championships

also have to think about the off the court stuff with the lakers as well like he stuff with the buss’, kupchak, magic and pelinka, having so many coaches, luke Walton, etc

I guess it’s subjective

Last edited:
Ahhh you have a different measurement of I guess…”success” over a decade

some people think consistency is success, some might judge relevancy or revenue and attention, some might judge championships

I guess it’s subjective

Only teams I would swap the last ten with is Dubs, Heat, Cavs, Spurs, Raps, Bucks. They all have at minimum the chip + more consistency.

the shit the Jazz do is essentially hell for me personally.

Only teams I would swap the last ten with is Dubs, Heat, Cavs, Spurs, Raps, Bucks. They all have at minimum the chip + more consistency.

the shit the Jazz do is essentially hell for me personally.
So a team like the Celtics and Rockets pretty much teams you don’t want to be? I mean the only thing that separates things really is a ring won in the bubble surrounded by like 7-8 years of being bad

You’re pretty much the Cavs without the repeated title runs

well I mean the whole point is to win so I kinda can’t knock that kind of thinking

So a team like the Celtics and Rockets pretty much teams you don’t want to be? I mean the only thing that separates things really is a ring won in the bubble surrounded by like 7-8 years of being bad

Nah

losing in playoff runs stick with me.

Losing seasons don’t phase me after the fact. Sucks in the moment especially for the Lakers because we can’t lose in peace like about 28 other franchises.

But the young core years I look back on fondly tbh. Meanwhile, 2003 getting done up by the Spurs still eats me up 19 years later. In comparison , 2014 was just a trash roster with no future and that year is a foggy memory. I know I watched all the games that year, don’t remember much in detail though. Idk the next man may feel differently tho.

edit: to add on I might be jaded since my team catches hell in every year unless they win it all. Maybe my outlook would be different if I rooted for a diff team idk

Nah

losing in playoff runs stick with me.

Losing seasons don’t phase me after the fact. Sucks in the moment especially for the Lakers because we can’t lose in peace like about 28 other franchises.

But the young core years I look back on fondly tbh. Meanwhile, 2003 getting done up by the Spurs still eats me up 19 years later. In comparison , 2014 was just a trash roster with no future and that year is a foggy memory. I know I watched all the games that year, don’t remember much in detail though. Idk the next man may feel differently tho.
Gotcha

you got that Mamba Mentality bro

Back