Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the Raps have an asterisk (2019)?

tenor.gif

This is out of left field
But it's not though lol

You have routinely scoffed at any idea to improve the league.

You don't like the idea of play in tournaments, mid season tournaments, etc...

You just said Stern> silver no? If not, I apologize.

But like I said, the league has a parity problem. They need to sell the illusion of parity. Last season was one of my favorites because Toronto won and made things more interesting to watch.

The Lakers and Celtics have what, 34 titles combined? I personally don't want teams contracted either. Why is the league so reliant on China to keep the lights on? You don't see these things as issues?

If at the start of every season, only like 4 teams really have a chance at winning and you aren't a fan of one of those teams, what do people... Read casuals, have to look forward to every year?

They have to get creative and I'm for anything that is in that direction. That's not to say every suggestion is going to work but they should be trying something than the same tired ass 82 game season with an all star break in the middle.

Just how bad was the NBA impacted as a result of COVID-19? It reportedly came in $1.5 billion under revenue projections, according to the Associated Press.

That loss was the result of multiple factors, according to the AP.

Revenue projections for the league this season were missed by about $1.5 billion, the person said. The losses were the result of a combination of factors — the shutdown caused by the pandemic, the cancelation of 171 regular-season games, completing the season in a bubble at Walt Disney World without fans, the nearly $200 million price tag for operating that bubble and a yearlong rift with the Chinese government that saw NBA games not shown on state television there.
It shouldn’t necessarily come as a surprise NBA revenue was down in 2020. It likely won’t be the only sport to suffer a huge monetary loss due to the coronavirus. Every other major sports league has operated with limited or no fans at games. Seasons have been shortened, and some games have been postponed or canceled due to coronavirus outbreaks. The China situation is only issue listed above that is unique to the NBA.

Still, $1.5 billion is a staggering figure. In May, commissioner Adam Silver reportedly warned players revenue could be an issue, saying 40 percent of the NBA’s revenue comes from game nights in arenas, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.

But it's not though lol

You have routinely scoffed at any idea to improve the league.

You don't like the idea of play in tournaments, mid season tournaments, etc...

You just said Stern> silver no? If not, I apologize.

But like I said, the league has a parity problem. They need to sell the illusion of parity. Last season was one of my favorites because Toronto won and made things more interesting to watch.

The Lakers and Celtics have what, 34 titles combined? I personally don't want teams contracted either. Why is the league so reliant on China to keep the lights on? You don't see these things as issues?

If at the start of every season, only like 4 teams really have a chance at winning and you aren't a fan of one of those teams, what do people... Read casuals, have to look forward to every year?

They have to get creative and I'm for anything that is in that direction. That's not to say every suggestion is going to work but they should be trying something than the same tired ass 82 game season with an all star break in the middle.
Those ideas suck. Pointless inconsequential mid season tournament and play in game won’t change whoever the favorites are from winning a title which seems to be the crux of your issues with the league.

In a year when the Heat went to the Finals over favorites like the Bucks and Celtics, and the Lakers while they were one of the favorites it wasn’t a forgone conclusion that they would come out the west, you’re griping about parity?

Those ideas suck. Pointless inconsequential mid season tournament and play in game won’t change whoever the favorites are from winning a title which seems to be the crux of your issues with the league.

In a year when the Heat went to the Finals over favorites like the Bucks and Celtics, and the Lakers while they were one of the favorites it wasn’t a forgone conclusion that they would come out the west, you’re griping about parity?
5th, did you see what odds Vegas gave the Lakers to win this year brah?

Like c'mon.

I'll give you the heat. Did they overachieve? Maybe, but it was more interesting than any of the other possible outcomes.

Outta 30 teams you talkin about like 6-7 teams legit title contenders. That sucks. Rest of the league just filler tbh.

5th, did you see what odds Vegas gave the Lakers to win this year brah?

Like c'mon.

I'll give you the heat. Did they overachieve? Maybe, but it was more interesting than any of the other possible outcomes.
You just want random ass teams in the Finals every year. You would’ve wanted Mavs vs Pacers?

Outta 30 teams you talkin about like 6-7 teams legit title contenders. That sucks. Rest of the league just filler tbh.
Every league is that way. The NFL is supposedly more about parity. But the teams who are the favorites are actually looking like the favorites and no one seems to complain.

Every league is that way. The NFL is supposedly more about parity. But the teams who are the favorites are actually looking like the favorites and no one seems to complain.
I think using the NFL as a comparison doesn't work

You get one game, one chance. The teams are pretty evenly matched come divisional and conference games. The NFL also has the largest margin of fuck shit that can happen because of antiquated rules. See Rams/saints and the non pass interference call a couple years ago.

For the most part, those teams are relatively healthy for those games as well. Miami wasn't at full strength but that's not a fault of the Lakers.

Favorites lose all the time in the nfl playoffs

Now granted a couple favorites lost early in the nba playoffs this past season but circumstances were different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back