Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they actually have more programs than NBA TV in America, or do you know?

With you saying that maybe all the other countries run their NBA TV also. I still think with America being so diverse as far as it's people they should lean more into promoting the sport being a global game.

I've never watched real nbatv in the us so I dont know. It essentially consists of nba game time and any other regular shows and nba games yall got. The TNT games usually run on there. Then theres Raptors Open gym ( a raptors reality show. Cameramen follow and interview the Raptors all season) raptors game in an hour ( basically a shorten no commercial version of the latest game) raptors today ( half hour update daily from training camp to end of season on everything going on day to day.) Raptors table talk? (3-4 toronto guys roundtable talk the raps and nba shit, kinda like pardon the interruption) throwbacks and other little mini segments here and there, and a lot of g league games with some eurobasket sprinkled in here and there.

Full sports package is $15-25 and the 2 companies that own that Raptors/leafs/tfc have a monopoly on television here (bell/rogers) so It works out great for me. I don't miss any game I want to watch.

They started doing courtsurfing again on nba tv last season before the shut down hopefully they bringbthst back.

Marks: The players. Agents are bracing for the possibility of up to 40% of the escrow being withheld from players, sources told ESPN. That money would offset losses incurred with a lack of revenue coming in from home games. And from a health standpoint, 22 teams just endured a grueling stretch of basketball, both physically and mentally. I would think that players who finished the playoffs in September or October will not be happy that training camp is now weeks instead of months away.

– via ESPN Insiders @ ESPN

I've never watched real nbatv in the us so I dont know. It essentially consists of nba game time and any other regular shows and nba games yall got. The TNT games usually run on there. Then theres Raptors Open gym ( a raptors reality show. Cameramen follow and interview the Raptors all season) raptors game in an hour ( basically a shorten no commercial version of the latest game) raptors today ( half hour update daily from training camp to end of season on everything going on day to day.) Raptors table talk? (3-4 toronto guys roundtable talk the raps and nba shit, kinda like pardon the interruption) throwbacks and other little mini segments here and there, and a lot of g league games with some eurobasket sprinkled in here and there.

Full sports package is $15-25 and the 2 companies that own that Raptors/leafs/tfc have a monopoly on television here (bell/rogers) so It works out great for me. I don't miss any game I want to watch.

They started doing courtsurfing again on nba tv last season before the shut down hopefully they bringbthst back.

That's cool they have different shows geared towards keeping the Raptors fans up to date with their team and players.

Revenue projections for the league this season were missed by about $1.5 billion, the person said. The losses were the result of a combination of factors — the shutdown caused by the pandemic, the cancelation of 171 regular-season games, completing the season in a bubble at Walt Disney World without fans, the nearly $200 million price tag for operating that bubble and a yearlong rift with the Chinese government that saw NBA games not shown on state television there

No decisions have been finalized on next season and talks with the National Basketball Players Association remain ongoing on many matters, including the financial parameters for the coming year. Those talks, especially on the money issue, would have to be concluded before any real decisions about next season are made. The NBPA has not made any final decisions on how it wants to see the league proceed, either. But this plan, starting in December and ending in June, would get the 2021-22 season — virus-permitting — back to normal, with 82-game slates starting in October.

– via Tim Reynolds @ Associated Press

USA Basketball has begun reaching out to star players to gauge their interest in the Olympics, should the end date of the 2020-21 season provide ample time to prepare for the Games, sources said. The NBA continues to prefer in-market play for the 2020-21 season — instead of a bubble or multiple bubbles. The league is also looking into ways to reduce travel during the season, including possibly playing a team multiple times.

– via Shams Charania @ The Athletic

This is worded in a condescending manner lol. But I don’t see how that matters when the league makes money from All Star Weekend.

Its what you're fearing the most bruh.

They gonna cancel All Star just to add a play in tournament this year, and then in a year or two, they gonna add a mid season tournament

Its what you're fearing the most bruh.

They gonna cancel All Star just to add a play in tournament this year, and then in a year or two, they gonna add a mid season tournament
Oh god. Not a mid season tournament AND a play in game. David Stern>>Adam Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back