Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NBA Draft thread

Number 1 LaMelo hater, GTFOH.....
I Know you are team BBB, but LaMelo would not even be that bad to me if he played any other position. Just don't think you can win games with a PG like him. It's a reason why folks are telling Lonzo to rebrand himself as a SF who can pass a point forward.

Elaborate on this. And if u think LaMelo is similar to Lonzo, u need to do more homework.
Two totally different players. Trust me fan I did A LOT of homework. My team been eliminated a while ago so I've had nothing but time while your team was winning lol. When I spoke on their similarities it's that they both share the lack of communication and leadership to be great, as well has running the point in the half court.

Melo is a better passed probably, has better handles and a better finishing ability, while Zo is a better defender (which took a dip in play last season).

What makes me so low on LaMelo is not only what the film shows, but just character makeup. I don't think get a vibe from him that he hates to loose and will do all the necessary work and be accountable to be a great leader for a team. I hope I'm wrong though because dude has crazy potential, but him, wiseman and edwards just all have major flaws in their game and character.

the lack of communication and leadership to be great

but just character makeup.

I don't think get a vibe from him that he hates to loose

and will do all the necessary work

and be accountable to be a great leader for a team.
Can u provide me some of the research u did to come to all these conclusions. Or did u let the BBB hating media brainwash u. Coaches at Spire say, good kid, put in work, Coaches and teammates at Illawarra say good kid, put in work. But assholes like fucking Goodman make sure to mention 5 times that he had a Lamborghini at 16 in his little video.

As for running the point in the half court, this might be where he differentiates himself from Lonzo the most. LaMelo runs a great pick and roll, and bcos of his good handles, he can buy time for things to develop in the half court. I think will be really good in the Half court.

I am not trying to pick on u, just tired of the anti LaMelo bullshit all over the place. I have my worries too about LaMelo, the shot and defense concern me. But folks are acting like he has no chance to improve those aspects of his game. I am willing to give the kid a chance.

Last edited:
Can u provide me some of the research u did to come to all these conclusions. Or did u let the BBB hating media brainwash u. Coaches at Spire say, good kid, put in work, Coaches and teammates at Illawarra say good kid, put in work. But assholes like fucking Goodman make sure to mention 5 times that he had a Lamborghini at 16 in his little video.

As for running the point in the half court, this might be where he differentiates himself from Lonzo the most. LaMelo runs a great pick and roll, and bcos of his good handles, he can buy time for things to develop in the half court. I think will be really good in the Half court.

I am not trying to pick on u, just tired of the anti LaMelo bullshit all over the place. I have my worries too about LaMelo, the shot and defense concern me. But folks are acting like he has no chance to improve those aspects of his game. I am willing to give the kid a chance.
I have nothing else to say man, but as far as answering your question, you can check out some film of his full games in NBL, he plays really undisciplined, and you can also check out his responses to criticism to the espn film breakdown interview.

I really really wish he was not famous or in the spotlight because him going too three in to draft can possibly enable slot of bad basketball traits he has. One thing I like about Zo is at least Zo is more mature and humbled. It's nothing wrong with being cocky and confident like LaMelo is, dude has ALOT of talent, but the flip side is his weaknesses in his game will require him to be humbled for example fixing his broken jumper. Dude gets legit irrated when folks ask him about it, like bro he is young. I'm sure he can matures, but it is going to have to be in a winning and stable environment.

How many times have we seen prospects with all world talents just go to the wrong situation and fizzle out? Royce white, Michael Beasley, OJ Mayo, Austin Rivers, etc.

I think will be a very effective player with his second team in year 4-5. I blame Lavar Ball for majority of this enabling behavior.

Look how long it took for Zo, someone who is more mature, to fix his jumper? Bust labels, traded to second team in three years, etc. Now imagine someone like Melo

Like I said, he is a better passer than Zo, probably will be a better half court PG, but we got to stop just looking at talent when doing scouting on prospects fam. His red flags are LEGIT things to be concerned about. There is no off setting.

Back