2020 NBA Draft thread

The 2020 NBA draft is as unpredictable as can be. Rumors are all over the place, and teams are trying to trade up, down, or completely out. League sources say both the Celtics and Magic are trying to move up into the mid-lottery using their own first-round picks, and the Wizards are angling to move up from no. 9.

The Celtics have offered their three first-round picks (nos. 14, 26, and 30) in trades to try and move up, according to multiple league sources. So far, no one is biting. If the Celtics stay here, Hampton would make sense because he could serve as a spark-plug scorer off the bench. If Gordon Hayward were to leave Boston, secondary shot creation would be needed sooner rather than later

League sources say the Magic are attempting to move up into the lottery; if they stay put, though, Maxey could potentially provide lottery value and immediately inject life as an energetic presence and hard-nosed defender. Though Markelle Fultz’s resurgence makes for a nice story, he’s still yet to prove he can reliably shoot the ball. Maxey is further along as a scorer off the dribble, which could push Fultz into his ideal role as a supercharged Shaun Livingston.

– via nbadraft.theringer.com

hayes is our target. No doubt in my mind about it. We’ve been tied to him for a while. I think Halliburton fits the physical profile of players we covet so he could be in play as well. Love the idea of taking Maxey at 15. If we stick and pick my wish list

1.Maxey
2.Terry
3.C.Anthony
4.P.Williams
5.J.Mcdaniels

Reactions: #1hiphopjunki3
Really like the Bigs that will be likely be available in the late 1st through late into the 2nd rnd.
Oturo/Stewart/Carey/Tillman could end up being contributors out the gate.

Really like the Bigs that will be likely be available in the late 1st through late into the 2nd rnd.
Oturo/Stewart/Carey/Tillman could end up being contributors out the gate.

I don't know about Carey. I mean he was a great scorer in the paint but can he defend at the NBA level or even become a better shooter aka like a 15 foot jumper or 3 point shot?

He knows how to score in the post well but alot of teams have Went away from that and run more pick and roll with their big guys. How good of a pick and roll player can he be at the NBA level? I kinda have the same questions about Stewart but he has shown he can shoot it a bit in school and he's a bit more mobile defensively than Carey.

Oturu can shoot solidly and is a really good rebounder which always translates. Tillman Is a good defender, rebounder and can pass a little. I think he will carve out a role within the league.

Reactions: A.F.R.I.C.A
Expect Patrick Williams to be drafted before Florida State teammate Devin Vassell and end up somewhere inside the top 10. Although Williams wasn’t consistently productive last season, his youth and long-term potential have been advantageous as teams weigh upside plays early in the draft, and his raw skill set is generally seen as a positive. If he indeed sneaks up several spots on draft night (we last projected him to San Antonio at No. 11), it’ll create a domino effect with the players left on the board.

– via SI.com

MAN, that 2021 draft is STACKED with wings. Even the “Point Guards” are 6’5 or taller. Hopefully we get college basketball, I would like to see that class in action.

Also, word on the street is Cade’s jump shot is improving very fast.

MAN, that 2021 draft is STACKED with wings. Even the “Point Guards” are 6’5 or taller. Hopefully we get college basketball, I would like to see that class in action.

Also, word on the street is Cade’s jump shot is improving very fast.

no better time for us to take a step back especially with Isaac our next year. Don’t think our FO has the guts to blow it up but ideally we move Vuc and see what we have with Mo as the starter next season. Make or break time. If It works then great if not then we likely end up in a good spot in the lottery adding a 2021 pick + JI(potential solution as the long term 5) and what ever assets we can acquire via trade/fa entering the 2022 season. This is the way..

Reactions: toheeb27