Welcome To aBlackWeb

2020 NBA Draft thread

Hollinger: Like you, I’ve heard nothing but great things about Haliburton. I see a couple of variables that could result in him going in the top five. The first is that the draft order easily could change. While I believe Ball, Edwards and Wiseman are likely to be the top three in some order, the two picks after that are a wild card. I agree that Cleveland likely wouldn’t take him at No. 5, but we don’t know for sure that the Cavs will stay there.

– via Chris Kirschner and John Hollinger @ The Athletic

Darren Wolfson: I’m also told that Ryan Saunders and Gersson Rosas were in Las Vegas. At one point in recent days meeting with a prospect. I’m told that they will eventually meet with Obi Toppin.

Darren Wolfson: It was not Obi Toppin, but that they will meet with Obi and they hope to meet with James Wiseman. But that one’s a slippery slope. They want to get some face time with Wiseman but the Wiseman camp is wondering ‘Okay, is James really a fit there in Minnesota? Can he coexist with Karl-Anthony Towns? Does that make sense?’ So that meeting may eventually take place presumably in Miami where James is training. But I know there’s been some hiccups in the wolves trying to line up some face time with James Wiseman but they are trying to use at least most if not all, of their 10 draft visits.

– via Darren Wolfson @ podcastone.com

Back