Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018 NFL Season Thread

As far as Tomlin goes:

Im with Shiz

Look at every other coach during that time period and the only other coach that has a better record is Bill Belicheck...

he is a managerial type of coach so he needs to do a better job of hiring assistants...

Which brings me to my point about getting a new DC. I think Tomlin went along with the Rooneys in promoting Butler for his loyalty...and decided to let him cook(no micro manage) cause he studied under LeBeau for so long. We see that it was a bad hire time to move on and hire someone that is closer to his philosophy of defense which is Tampa 2 based with man to man concepts.

Offensively Fictner has been good to great in his first year. The thing that has plagued our offense is turnovers....Big Ben throwing bonehead ints, game changing fumbles by JuJu and James Conner, etc.

So yes...while Tomlin does deserve the criticism...its not all on him.

I wanna see what this team looks like with a better DC

lol damn what kinda fuck shit was Gase doing? @Infamous114 how do you mean he quit on the team?
He checked out weeks ago. His press conferences after games said it all. Never taking personal accountability and blaming it on execution or injuries. For an offensive guru, his offenses here ranked near the bottom. Amazes me that teams are interested in him.

Last edited:
For an offensive guru, his offenses hear ranked near the bottom. Amazes me that teams are interested in him.
Adam Gase is weird. He showed potential early as an "Offensive Guru", but as NFL offenses became more expansive and adventurous, he became super conservative. Add in the point that it seems his players were not fans of his.

Some dudes are better off as coordinators....

As far as Tomlin goes:

Im with Shiz

Look at every other coach during that time period and the only other coach that has a better record is Bill Belicheck...

he is a managerial type of coach so he needs to do a better job of hiring assistants...

Which brings me to my point about getting a new DC. I think Tomlin went along with the Rooneys in promoting Butler for his loyalty...and decided to let him cook(no micro manage) cause he studied under LeBeau for so long. We see that it was a bad hire time to move on and hire someone that is closer to his philosophy of defense which is Tampa 2 based with man to man concepts.

Offensively Fictner has been good to great in his first year. The thing that has plagued our offense is turnovers....Big Ben throwing bonehead ints, game changing fumbles by JuJu and James Conner, etc.

So yes...while Tomlin does deserve the criticism...its not all on him.

I wanna see what this team looks like with a better DC

And to add on if he truly doesnt want to have to micro manage...then he needs to hire a proven DC and there are about 5 guys that would fit that:

Vance Joseph
Todd Bowels
Greg Williams
Marvin Lewis

Hearing Bucs might try holla @ Bruce Arians. I'd be all for it if he wasn't 66 with health problems. Would need to have a good successor already on the staff in case he needs to retire again. Certainly if anybody can help Jameis it'd be him.

Adam Gase has always comes off as a person who thinks he's smarter than anybody in any room IMO.

They started out w/ winning 3 games in a row with all these fluke ass passing plays, but that fortune ran out and they fell right back to who they really were.... I understand you're not winning 12+ games w/ Tanny & Assweiler, but he doesn't put his QB'S in the best position to succeed either.

His offensive game plans were ass! How Kenyan Drake (there most talented back) have games where he only touches the ball 5 to 7 times??!? smh

Adam Gase has always comes off as a person who thinks he's smarter than anybody in any room IMO.

They started out w/ winning 3 games in a row with all these fluke ass passing plays, but that fortune ran out and they fell right back to who they really were.... I understand you're not winning 12+ games w/ Tanny & Assweiler, but he doesn't put his QB'S in the best position to succeed either.

His offensive game plans were ass! How Kenyan Drake (there most talented back) have games where he only touches the ball 5 to 7 times??!? smh

Lol Leonard Fournette getting suspended for that fight against the Bills caused him to miss a bonus in his contract. He cost himself 7mil
LOL, stop reading the internet wrong brother. He has not missed out on anything, yet. But the Jags are laying the groundwork to fuck him over in the future. Pretty much a means to control him, i dont think they are giving up on him, yet.

Back