Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018 NFL Season Thread

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24941622/jerry-jones-says-cowboys-had-no-1-wr-years

Jerry Jones laments Cowboys' lack of No. 1 wide receiver

FRISCO, Texas -- As the Dallas Cowboys' passing game flounders, there have been more and more calls for the team to re-sign Dez Bryant.

Last week, owner and general manager Jerry Jones said on 105.3 The Fan that that move would not be in the best interest of the team. On Tuesday, Jones told the Cowboys' flagship radio network that the team has not had a No. 1 receiver in "several years."

The Cowboys released Bryant in April in part because he was due to make $12.5 million in 2018 and had not produced at the level that earned him a $70 million contract in 2015 following three straight seasons in which he had at least 88 catches for at least 1,200 yards and 12 touchdowns.

"I'm basically giving you my definition of a No. 1 receiver, and it is Julio Jones. It is the guy we played the other night [DeAndre Hopkins]," Jones told the station. "Those are the guys. There's not but about a handful of those in the NFL."

Bryant responded to Jones' comment on Twitter and agreed with him.

The Cowboys opted to replace Bryant with a committee approach at wide receiver, but through five games none of the six on the 53-man roster has reached 200 yards. Cole Beasley has 17 catches for 193 yards to lead the receivers.

Hopkins had nine catches for 151 yards in the Houston Texans' overtime win against the Cowboys on Sunday, including a 49-yard reception that set up the game-winning field goal.

Jones acknowledged it's difficult to "remake your team personnel-wise" during the season. The Cowboys tried to sign Sammy Watkins to a mega-contract as a free agent, but he opted to join the Kansas City Chiefs. The Cowboys added Allen Hurns and Deonte Thompson in free agency and drafted Michael Gallup in the third round.

They have combined for 25 catches for 268 yards and one touchdown.

"We still have guys [who] in their way ... can make the plays for us, and we'll continue to work the passing game," Jones said. "Obviously we need to get better in the passing game."

And Dak trash

Dez right now with all his flaws is better than every WR Dallas have.

He would shine in NOLA

Jerry a snake for that comment. How is it dez fault if Dak can't throw accurate. We all see Dak is the problem and I said that from the get go. Dak doesn't read defenses well either.

Wack ass nigga talking about he doesn't need a number 1 wr. Fuck nigga

PTI question

Is Drew Brees the greatest free agent signing ever?

Baker looks better than Eli (he was drafted first though)

Darold and Rosen looks the part despite being on a way less talented offensive team. Eli just not it and ain’t no QB in this draft and none becoming a free agent next year.

It ain’t looking good fam.

Bro...Blake Bortles looks better than Eli..shit 95% of QBs in the NFL look better than Eli. What I'm saying is none of these rookie QBs are playing lights out football, where the argument can be made that the giants should definitely drafted one over Barkley. Giants took the best player in the draft, can't argue against that. Mayfield does look good, but yea, he went 1st. We will never know if giants would have drafted him. College season got ways to go. Never know someone can emerge

PTI question

Is Drew Brees the greatest free agent signing ever?

If we talking in all sports, ima have to go with Lebron...football only. An argument can be made for Brees, he up there w Reggie White and Deion Sanders. What Sanders did w back to back super bowls w Dallas and san fran was epic. But Brees transformed a whole city, when they needed it most and set a prestigious record last night

I differ from that.

I don’t think he was the best player in the draft.

And QB is more important than RB. I would take a potential franchise QB over the best athlete in the draft.

You can find RB in any round and I didn’t hink he was special. Mid to late first round pick IMO

If we talking in all sports, ima have to go with Lebron...football only. An argument can be made for Brees, he up there w Reggie White and Deion Sanders. What Sanders did w back to back super bowls w Dallas and san fran was epic. But Brees transformed a whole city, when they needed it most and set a prestigious record last night

Reggie white was already HOF and Deion join a team that already won Super Bowls

Brees lead his team to the super bowl and broke all time records

It’s not even close

Dallas WRs taking shots at the QB and play calling.

Beasley said y’all ain’t watching the tape. We getting open, that’s all we can do.

Hurns saying the same thing and the making the worst calls vs certain defenses.

Basically a shot a Dak too because he ain’t calling audibles after seeing the defense

Dallas WRs taking shots at the QB and play calling.

Beasley said y’all ain’t watching the tape. We getting open, that’s all we can do.

Hurns saying the same thing and the making the worst calls vs certain defenses.

Basically a shot a Dak too because he ain’t calling audibles after seeing the defense

Look around :32

That's an easy pitch and catch to Beasley that should be a touchdown but he never saw it

Here another example if Dak would step into the pocket he would hit Austin in stride and Austin with his speed could get a TD.

But Dak slides to his left towards the pressure throws if his back leg which forces a high inaccurate throw it bounces off austins hands and is picked off.

Monday on undisputed Skip Bayless was blaming Austin for not catching the pass

Back