Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018 NFL Season Thread

About a year late. However, I like the direction of the new front office. Excited to see what we gonna look like in a year or two.

Front office still think Eli has in him even though he lead his team to 30 or more points 1 time in 38 games.

Ain’t no QB in this upcoming draft and y’all looking bottom 5.

I wouldn’t have faith in this front office just yet

Front office still think Eli has in him even though he lead his team to 30 or more points 1 time in 38 games.

Ain’t no QB in this upcoming draft and y’all looking bottom 5.

I wouldn’t have faith in this front office just yet

Front office took the win now approach, as any new GM should try first if you have some talent on a squad. If win now don't work, then you try something else. Maybe trading up picks for a QB in draft or free agency. BTW, none of these QBs that went in first RD are looking "lights out". The one QB I regret giants not drafting for is Mahomes last year. But that's a tough one. Bc if we hit on Mahomes, that probably means McAdoo still around bc that was his guy

Front office took the win now approach, as any new GM should try first if you have some talent on a squad. If win now don't work, then you try something else. Maybe trading up picks for a QB in draft or free agency. BTW, none of these QBs that went in first RD are looking "lights out". The one QB I regret giants not drafting for is Mahomes last year. But that's a tough one. Bc if we hit on Mahomes, that probably means McAdoo still around bc that was his guy

Baker looks better than Eli (he was drafted first though)

Darold and Rosen looks the part despite being on a way less talented offensive team. Eli just not it and ain’t no QB in this draft and none becoming a free agent next year.

It ain’t looking good fam.

Josh Norman was always overrated. He talked himself to getting a great contract.

I can see Washington cutting him in the offseason
The games I seen, his teammates horribly blow coverages. And he ends up the nearest guy to the ball due his recovery speed and it seems like it's his fault. Like the second TD the saints scored last night.

QBs go out of their way often to not go after his man. He routinely is heading back to the ball to tackle a ball carrier who built up steam and has passed LBs, the D line and a whiffed tackle by a safety.

Infact, since his injury occurred last year from that same reason. He takes his time getting to the ball. It seems dude don't think his teammates are good enough to be worth the sacrifice on his body.

I believe he has a right to be feeling the way he's feeling, but he's a liability for them.

The games I seen, his teammates horribly blow coverages. And he ends up the nearest guy to the ball due his recovery speed and it seems like it's his fault. Like the second TD the saints scored last night.

QBs go out of their way often to not go after his man. He routinely is heading back to the ball to tackle a ball carrier who built up steam and has passed LBs, the D line and a whiffed tackle by a safety.

Infact, since his injury occurred last year from that same reason. He takes his time getting to the ball. It seems dude don't think his teammates are good enough to be worth the sacrifice on his body.

I believe he has a right to be feeling the way he's feeling, but he's a liability for them.

He was targeted twice and gave up over 100 yards and 2 TDs

He bit on a underneath route and left his man.

He was at fault. Nobody else and that’s why he got benched

This year he has been targeted 19 times and gave up 16 catches for like 200 yards and a couple of TDs and a passer rating of over 100

Last edited:
That stat line is deceiving

16 targets and only 200 yards, that's bad in 4 games?

The saints threw the ball 29 times and only at him twice?

I can tell you from watching my team play all the time. A “lockdown corner” does not dictate where we throw the ball.

And yes. Giving up 3 TDs, 200+ yards and a 100+ Passer rating in 4 games is very bad when you only give up 227 passing yards a game and he’s the number 2 corner on the team.

Just saying

I can tell you from watching my team play all the time. A “lockdown corner” does not dictate where we throw the ball.

And yes. Giving up 3 TDs, 200+ yards and a 100+ Passer rating in 4 games is very bad when you only give up 227 passing yards a game and he’s the number 2 corner on the team.

Just saying
It dictated where the saints threw the ball as you said they only threw at him twice. Either his man wasn't open or others where routinely open by NFL standards.

Norman will bite on things because he wants to make a play after seeing his team get carved up on drives and he is left alone. That's when he gets beat, when he was with Carolina. That didn't happen throughout the game so he stayed solid on his end.

He's getting made the scapegoat cause he wrongly does shit cause he doesn't have the patience to let others be.

It dictated where the saints threw the ball as you said they only threw at him twice. Either his man wasn't open or others where routinely open by NFL standards.

Norman will bite on things because he wants to make a play after seeing his team get carved up on drives and he is left alone. That's when he gets beat, when he was with Carolina. That didn't happen throughout the game so he stayed solid on his end.

He's getting made the scapegoat cause he wrongly does shit cause he doesn't have the patience to let others be.

Nope. He did not dictate where the ball went. Nobody does against the Saints. We scheme players open. Just like the time he gave up 2 TDs.

We don’t worry about where a DB is lineup on a either side. More concerned where the LBs are when dropping into coverage.

Teams don’t really even run man against us do to the route combos and both out RBs are great receivers.

Norman had no impact where we throw.

Nope. He did not dictate where the ball went. Nobody does against the Saints. We scheme players open. Just like the time he gave up 2 TDs.

We don’t worry about where a DB is lineup on a either side. More concerned where the LBs are when dropping into coverage.

Teams don’t really even run man against us do to the route combos and both out RBs are great receivers.

Norman had no impact where we throw.
Yeah, the open guys did

Just know this.

When QBs are completing 80% of the passes your way you ain’t shit

Dude literally got benched for getting beat last night

Just know this.

When QBs are completing 80% of the passes your way you ain’t shit

Dude literally got benched for getting beat last night
Those states lie bruh, I'm telling you. You gotta watch Redskins games to see it. Just like the games state line, high completion rating due to the number of targets..2, being completed. The first score, wasn't the guy he was supposed to be on. But he was the nearest so it goes against him. The second score was him trying to make something happen after watching his team get carved up. That's been what it's been like for him.

Those states lie bruh, I'm telling you. You gotta watch Redskins games to see it. Just like the games state line, high completion rating due to the number of targets..2, being completed. The first score, wasn't the guy he was supposed to be on. But he was the nearest so it goes against him. The second score was him trying to make something happen after watching his team get carved up. That's been what it's been like for him.

I’m talking bout the entire year. He been getting picked on

And trust me. I watch so many games on rewind just to see how games went.

And I have multiple games pulled up on my tv at the same time

I’m talking bout the entire year. He been getting picked on

And trust me. I watch so many games on rewind just to see how games went.

And I have multiple games pulled up on my tv at the same time
Then you seen the last game they played. I forget who it was against. On a deep route, Norman had the sideline to this outside shoulder and the WR to his inside. He's supposed to have inside help from the safety so his playing outside leverage.

When the ball is thrown, he sees the WR going to get it so he slows, assuming he has inside help. He wants to slow, to track where the ball was, so when he meets with the WR and Safety. He can make a play on the ball, he takes his eye off the ball and looks. The Safety bit on the underneath route. Norman's man has a open run to ball and won't be challenged so he's going to catch it in stride.

That's an example of him trying to manufacture shit cause he's trying to hard. That's an example of how his teammates continuly blow assignments and it's an example of how that stat line on that makes it entirely his fault.

And I know when I seen that I thought, this nigga gone get himself benched trying to be a hero. If he let go of his competitive spirit just a little and just ran with dude hoping to at least make the tackle. That don't happen.

Nah Josh went rogue on that play. We was in cover 3, he bit on the underneath route like it was cover 2. That’s why dude was wide open. That was his fault. That’s why they benched him to start the 3rd.

He did the same thing in the Packers game on the Geronimo Allison score. So that’s two straight games that had major plays because he wanted to do his own thing.

Nah Josh went rogue on that play. We was in cover 3, he bit on the underneath route like it was cover 2. That’s why dude was wide open. That was his fault. That’s why they benched him to start the 3rd.

He did the same thing in the Packers game on the Geronimo Allison score. So that’s two straight games that had major plays because he wanted to do his own thing.
That might be the one im talking about

Back