Welcome To aBlackWeb

2018-2019 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t like the Crawford comparison. He’s been in the league like 20 years.

When has he ever been the #1 option?

What has he ever led a team to?

Y’all also overlook the characteristics of poise, leadership, and drive in this kid. Combine that with the scoring and willingness to get better - I don’t see how you compare him to the likes of Jamal Crawford.

You probably reaching, but I’ll just agree to disagree on the skills more important than scoring...

I wasnt comparing Jamal Crawford and Mitchell Im talking about a specific skill set

You didnt just say scoring you said volume scoring

Volume scoring is basically chucking with no regards to shot selection or efficiency and still having a high usage rate

Jordan Crawford, Marshon Brooks, Michael Beasley.......if just scoring the ball was that important why have these guy been out or barely in the league? Greg Monroe can score the ball, doesnt get playing time, Jr Smith was a volume scorer before playing with Lebron.....theres numerous examples of this across the league

Unless your efficient and/or an eliete scorer(Steph, Harden, KD ect) you have to be able to bring more to the table than just score

LOL, one thing is clear from the past few pages, @Peace_79 Is a big big Donovan Mitchell fan. And @juks will not let any Simmons slandering slide.

U guys really need to stop digging your heels in your side of the argument. The kid is just in his 2nd season, He is not a superstar yet (@Peace_79 ) and its too early to call him just a "Volume Scorer" (@juks). He has shown that he is a special talent, lets see how he continues to grow. The sky is the limit. And based on the growth he has made from his freshman year in college till now, I am not betting against the kid.

Its ok to be a fan of Mitchell and still think Simmons is a better player (IMO).

man shut up with this dr phil mediator bullshit, duke clearly doesn't realize mitchell don't impact the game like simmons does.That was my point

he just saw scoring #'s.What if simmons averaged 19-21 ppg? then what? then we wouldn't be having this conversation

Funny thing is, if folks stopped linking Simmons to Mitchell, @juks would actually appreciate Mitchell. He is in the same mold as Lavine. I put Booker in this group too. Booker >>> Mitchell >>> Lavine lol

I wanted the bulls to draft Mitchell in 2017, I was saying he was a sleeper before everybody else jumped on his dick

where my son?

@Beta get in here boy, be a real nigga for once in your life & remind these fools how I was hoping Mitchell dropped to 16th before the bulls traded jimmy.

Booker and lavine are literally the same players, go look up their stats right now.Except lavine getting paid half of books contract

I like Gary Clark he should stay in the rotation going forward.

Which is big, doesnt make adding another wing as much as pressing of a need as before(still might need to add someone during the buy out market depending on who is out there)

We definitely need a back up center though, idk how much Nene is going to help or reliable he's going to be but thats for sure our biggest need right now imo

Pacers dont like playing Sabonis and Turner together but when they did that lineup was killing us last night, I was surprised they went away from that in the second half and didn't keep punishing us with their bigs

Booker and lavine are literally the same players, go look up their stats right now.Except lavine getting paid half of books contract
This right here is key. A lot of folks clutched their pearls when Lavine signed that contract. But if his knee holds up, it’s going to be a massive bargain.

LOL, one thing is clear from the past few pages, @Peace_79 Is a big big Donovan Mitchell fan. And @juks will not let any Simmons slandering slide.

U guys really need to stop digging your heels in your side of the argument. The kid is just in his 2nd season, He is not a superstar yet (@Peace_79 ) and its too early to call him just a "Volume Scorer" (@juks). He has shown that he is a special talent, lets see how he continues to grow. The sky is the limit. And based on the growth he has made from his freshman year in college till now, I am not betting against the kid.

Its ok to be a fan of Mitchell and still think Simmons is a better player (IMO).

I actually agree with all of this except the last sentence.

Never said he was superstar today - I said he had an impressive rookie campaign and I like his potential more than Simmons.

Pacers dont like playing Sabonis and Turner together but when they did that lineup was killing us last night, I was surprised they went away from that in the second half and didn't keep punishing us with their bigs
Wow, this is surprising. Did not watch your game last night, but usually when folks went big against u guys last season, it was usually a death sentence.

Apart from losing some key players, has the playing style changed that much?

I actually agree with all of this except the last sentence.

Never said he was superstar today - I said he had an impressive rookie campaign and I like his potential more than Simmons.
Lol. I like Simmons’ potential better bcos my dumbass still thinks he will figure out how to be at least an average shooter in this league.

He is pretty much above average in almost every other aspect, he just needs to figure the shooting out.

Wow, this is surprising. Did not watch your game last night, but usually when folks went big against u guys last season, it was usually a death sentence.

Apart from losing some key players, has the playing style changed that much?

For Houston? Not at all, just taking time to gel after the injuries, suspensions and working in new pieces

That was a good game last night though, both teams hitting clutch shots down the stretch

Lol. I like Simmons’ potential better bcos my dumbass still thinks he will figure out how to be at least an average shooter in this league.

9072_a3a8.gif

I don’t see it, bruh.

1) Homie is literally afraid to shoot now

2) The media and most people claim he is already a Superstar the way he is - so he feels he doesn’t have to.

Lol richardson putting up the same numbers as jimmy , his contract a bargain in comparison and without the headache/drama

t wolves fuckin stupid they coulda got a younger player with similar production and closer to towns and wiggins timeline

@Beta

Remind me if J.Rich was ever included to the Wolves. I remember the wolves wanting him and the heat not including him and then Pat finally including him but then Thibs wanted even more.

I got that right?

Jamal murray a fuck nigga and he deserves whatever discipline & consequences come his way for his clown antics

last year he did a similar stunt dribblin in front of lonzo with 4-5 seconds left then that raging lunatic tiny dog and randle ran up on him & hacked him up after getting the order from luke

they was up 7-8 with 2 seconds left give the ball to the ref or take the 24 sec violation. Kyrie threw the ball in the crowd I was rollin duke was tight

Lol richardson putting up the same numbers as jimmy , his contract a bargain in comparison and without the headache/drama

t wolves fuckin stupid they coulda got a younger player with similar production and closer to towns and wiggins timeline
Remember when you laughed when he signed his extension and we said it was a bargain?

Now look at you..

@Beta

Remind me if J.Rich was ever included to the Wolves. I remember the wolves wanting him and the heat not including him and then Pat finally including him but then Thibs wanted even more.

I got that right?
Wasn't included initially but at one point he was with Kelly, and a 1st rounder in 2019

Thibs was like MOAR

But my sources close to the situation said that was thibs trying to unload Dieng

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back