Welcome To aBlackWeb

13 and 15 year old girls carjack an uber eats driver, kill him when they crash

What is the solution, do what to appease the hurt family, do what to get the message across to the two girls the impact of their wrongdoing, how is justice and life lessons satisfied???

Funny thing so called justice isn't really about the family. It's supposed to be about "society" which is why there are so many cases where the prosecutor gives people really light plea deals because of money, snitching or just to get a conviction. All of that in many cases is done over the wishes of the victim and/or their families if the victim is dead.

Adult courts and prisons are not about rehabilitation so its really about getting the criminal off the street for a amount of time that the courts are satisfied with.

I honestly don't know the solution when it comes to certain kids but I know saying fuck the lives of a 13 & 15 year old ain't the solution. Especially if they haven't previously shown a pattern of violence or no redeemable qualities before this tragedy.

Funny thing so called justice isn't really about the family. It's supposed to be about "society" which is why there are so many cases where the prosecutor gives people really light plea deals because of money, snitching or just to get a conviction. All of that in many cases is done over the wishes of the victim and/or their families if the victim is dead.

Adult courts and prisons are not about rehabilitation so its really about getting the criminal off the street for a amount of time that the courts are satisfied with.

I honestly don't know the solution when it comes to certain kids but I know saying fuck the lives of a 13 & 15 year old ain't the solution. Especially if they haven't previously shown a pattern of violence or no redeemable qualities before this tragedy.
I would have said Restorative Circle from the practice of Restorative Justice, but with death involved...

I would have said Restorative Circle from the practice of Restorative Justice, but with death involved...

See thats part of the thing. Everybody's idea of what is justice is different. So that allows the elected people to decide what is or isn't justice.

So for you a crime involving death and the criminal no matter the age is done forever to you. Many others feel just like you and there are many others who feel the exact opposite of you.

We just have to take the bitter with the sweet. If you feel the state or feds didn't give you justice if you're willing to deal with the consequences get what you feel is justice however you see fit.

See thats part of the thing. Everybody's idea of what is justice is different. So that allows the elected people to decide what is or isn't justice.

So for you a crime involving death and the criminal no matter the age is done forever to you. Many others feel just like you and there are many others who feel the exact opposite of you.

We just have to take the bitter with the sweet. If you feel the state or feds didn't give you justice if you're willing to deal with the consequences get what you feel is justice however you see fit.
Don't get caught up in the word justice. Restorative Justice is about the victims being able to express their feelings about what occurred as well as the offenders being able to express what it is they were dealing with and feeling and why they did said crime? It's an opportunity for both sides to understand each other it's not punitive. Its empathy.

I paused at death because that's a hard thing to do in Restorative Justice. It requires a lot of emotional output and restraint as well as a willingness to understand because death is so permanent.

Don't get caught up in the word justice. Restorative Justice is about the victims being able to express their feelings about what occurred as well as the offenders being able to express what it is they were dealing with and feeling and why they did said crime? It's an opportunity for both sides to understand each other it's not punitive. Its empathy.

I paused at death because that's a hard thing to do in Restorative Justice. It requires a lot of emotional output and restraint as well as a willingness to understand because death is so permanent.

Both are already done. I believe both parties(victim & criminal) have to agree to do it. I think those programs are also done on a state by state basis.

Both are already done. I believe both parties(victim & criminal) have to agree to do it. I think those programs are also done on a state by state basis.
Yeah this is true as far as I know. We've been doing them in schools, having Restorative Circles to get to the bottom of issues and how they manifest into harm. Creating bonds between victims and offenders to perhaps prevent future problems

Yeah this is true as far as I know. We've been doing them in schools, having Restorative Circles to get to the bottom of issues and how they manifest into harm. Creating bonds between victims and offenders to perhaps prevent future problems

Smart for schools to do it because that could possibly cut down on kids getting their neighborhoods involved with something that started in school and now shit happening outside of school where the school has no power to reign that shit in for real once it gets rolling down hill.

200.gif

LLS at calling for life or the death penalty for a 15 & 13 yr old.

Back