Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
Main reason that money is short is because if they do ppv and lets say do 700k_1.2m buys he leaving a shit load if money on the table.

Albeit he only did 350k with Fury, still possible.

Eddie doesnt own DAZN he does decided how much to charge lol Still, if Americans have to pay $80-$100 for a PPV it will still work out cheaper, and Wilder prolly turned up to the meeting just to say... he turned up, I mean by the sounds of it they didnt even try negotiate...

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...ice-shooting-beth-plant-justified/3252447002/

Police shooting of Beth Plant — mother of boxer Caleb Plant — deemed 'justified,' district AG says

District Attorney General Ray Crouch’s office released a statement Friday evening, calling the recent police shooting that killed the mother of world boxing champion Caleb Plant “justified.”

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation agents began investigating the circumstances of the fatal shooting in Cheatham County overnight on March 9. The preliminary investigation showed that a 911 call was placed to transport an Ashland City woman to a hospital, but she “became combative” in the ambulance and pulled a knife from her backpack. EMS personnel called for law enforcement, and the deputy fired at the woman when she “brandished a knife” at him.

She was later identified as Beth Plant, 51, mother of world boxing champion and Ashland City “hometown hero” Caleb Plant.

“The use of deadly force is justified when a law enforcement officer reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to protect himself, or third persons, against the other's use or attempted use of deadly force,” Crouch’s statement reads. “The application of law to the facts and evidence gathered in this case lead me to conclude that Sgt. (Paul) Ivey’s use of deadly force was justified.”

The Cheatham County Grand Jury will review this case in its May term of court. The TBI’s investigation will be finalized “upon receipt of the autopsy report,” according to the Office of the District Attorney General.

The “tragic and sorrowful incident” — as Crouch referred to the shooting in his statement after extending his “sympathy and condolences” to Beth Plant’s family — began around 12:43 a.m. when the 911 call was placed.

Cheatham County EMS and the Cheatham County Sheriff’s Office responded to the Joelton residence and transported Plant to a medical facility at about 1:27 a.m.

“While in route to Vanderbilt Hospital, Ms. Plant removed a fixed blade knife from her backpack and brandished the knife at EMS personnel,” Crouch’s statement read. “EMS requested law enforcement assistance for a combative patient … EMS personnel observed Ms. Plant stabbing the windows of the ambulance and attempting to harm herself.”

Ivey arrived at the scene, where the ambulance had pulled over at Highway 41-A and New Hope Road, around 1:33 a.m.

“Sgt. Ivey ordered Ms. Plant to drop the knife,” Crouch said in his statement. “Ms. Plant then moved toward Sgt. Ivey with knife in plain view. Sgt. Ivey retreated from his initial position. Ms. Plant followed Sgt. Ivey as documented in the body worn camera and patrol car video.

“Sgt. Ivey gave eight verbal commands to ‘drop the knife,’” the statement continues. “Sgt. Ivey clearly warned Ms. Plant that he would ‘shoot.’ Ms. Plant, despite the warnings, continued toward Sgt. Ivey.”

Ivey fired, striking Plant. EMS personnel administered first aid.

Plant was transported to Tristar Skyline Medical Center in Nashville, where she died of her injuries.

The Tennessean has requested body camera and patrol car footage of the shooting.

Previously, Cheatham County Sheriff Mike Breedlove spoke with the Tennessean about protocol in deadly-force encounters and defended his deputies in the wake of two recent shootings by police in Cheatham County, including the one that killed Beth Plant.

“We’re trained to stop the threat,” Breedlove said. “She had ample, ample opportunity to drop the knife, she just refused to …(The) deputies did everything within policy and the law to do what they had to do to stop the threat.”

I don’t know the specifics of Fury’s contract but if they gave him a 5 fight/$80 million deal I’m sure there’s stipulations in the contract that would make him have to fight actual contenders at some point and not a bunch of no name bums..

I don’t know the specifics of Fury’s contract but if they gave him a 5 fight/$80 million deal I’m sure there’s stipulations in the contract that would make him have to fight actual contenders at some point and not a bunch of no name bums..

TBH I thought the Wilder fight was too early for him to compete at that level after the 2 year layoff, drink and drug binge, mental health issues and the subsequence weight loss, especially after how bad he looked in the two circus comeback fights he had... I was clearly wrong as he had the fitness and reaction times to deal with Wilder but Im not mad at him having one more tune up fight at this level to sharpen up against someone with a more traditional boxing technique... If Wilder was a better 'boxer' with an elite fighters IQ (cut the ring off, thrown proper straight punches, feints etc) he may have caught Fury earlier...

Schwartz is schitt but still posses abit a little of power and is unbeaten so has a winners mentality and not one of there just to lose and go through the motions, though he didnt show much against Gashi...

It is disappointing its not a bigger name though, the only name I recognise on his record is Gashi who is decent fighter himself but he won that fight via DQ in strange fight... I can look past one lesser name to prep him for a bigger fight as I actually think he needs it, ultimately Im glad hes just active... I actually would of quite liked Fury v Gashi as a comeback fight before the Wilder fight...

Last edited:
LHW Joshua Buatsi could be a future world champ. I enjoy the way he fights and I'd like to see him step up in class because I think he's ready to take on quality fighters. I'm very interested in how his career develops.

Both Peterson brothers fighting on fs1 tonight.

Fights to close for me to bet. But I'mma watch

https://www.boxingscene.com/manny-pacquiao-leaves-spence-off-list-potential-opponents--137368

Manny Pacquiao Leaves Spence Off List Of Potential Opponents
By Keith Idec

Manny Pacquiao wants to know who you think he should fight next.

Just don’t mention Errol Spence Jr. The unbeaten IBF welterweight champion isn’t one of the options.

Pacquiao presented a poll through his Twitter account late Friday night, through which he asked about his next opponent. The options, in order, are Floyd Mayweather, Keith Thurman, Danny Garcia and Shawn Porter.

In effect, it was Pacquiao’s not-so-subtle way of announcing he won’t oppose Spence next. Pacquiao attended Spence’s relatively easy victory over Mikey Garcia last Saturday night in Arlington, Texas, yet he seemed somewhat noncommittal regarding a potential fight against the strong southpaw from suburban Dallas during a post-fight interview.

Understandably, Spence was much more open to facing Pacquiao next during the post-fight press conference last Saturday night.

The 5-feet-10 Spence stands at least four inches taller than Pacquiao and would out-weigh the Filipino legend by about 15 pounds if they were to fight. A Spence-Pacquiao bout would draw another enormous crowd to the Dallas Cowboys’ AT&T Stadium, but the 29-year-old Spence (25-0, 21 KOs) would be heavily favored to defeat Pacquiao (61-7-2, 39 KOs).

Thurman (29-0, 22 KOs, 1 NC), of Clearwater, Florida, is considered the frontrunner to land a pay-per-view fight against Pacquiao, probably in July.

The 30-year-old Thurman, the WBA’s true welterweight champion, has been reluctant to face Spence and would earn a sizeable, seven-figure guarantee for facing Pacquiao, the WBA’s world welterweight title-holder. A rematch against with Las Vegas’ Porter (30-2-1, 17 KOs), the WBC 147-pound champion, also is an option for Thurman, who struggled at times during his 12-round, majority-decision defeat of Josesito Lopez on January 26 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Philadelphia’s Garcia (34-2, 20 KOs), whom Porter topped by unanimous decision six months ago to win the WBC title, is scheduled to meet Adrian Granados (20-6-2, 14 KOs, 1 NC) on April 20. FOX will televise Garcia-Granados that night from Dignity Sports Health Park in Carson, California.

Mayweather, meanwhile, is expected to remain retired. While intrigued by the possibility of earning another nine-figure purse for facing Pacquiao again, the 42-year-old, wealthy superstar apparently has been discouraged by the physical and mental demands of training hard for their rematch.

Pacquiao most recently beat Adrien Broner (33-4-1, 24 KOs, 1 NC) convincingly in their 12-round welterweight title bout January 19 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Whomever Pacquiao picks, Showtime or FOX is expected to distribute his next fight as a pay-per-view main event. Pacquiao only can fight late in June or in July because the Senate in the Philippines isn’t in session during that time.

Back