Welcome To aBlackWeb

Obama explains what he did for black people

As hopeful as this is we still gotta remember people are people and solidarity through race isn't always going to happen. A few weeks ago there was a pretty large thread on twitter where Black women were responding to what it was like having another, usually older, Black woman as a superior or supervisor and the vast majority of them said the experience was negative and they often received negative comments on thigs such as their hair, clothing choices, names etc.... So having Black folks in positions of power doesn't always work out the way we would hope. Especially if the person in charge feels a threat to said power....
this is a whole nother thread we should speak on.

this is very real and needs to stop.
this is divisive and does the work of the oppressor by want to be the only one at the top or talking down to others.

whats crazy is that black women are making the most progress in corporate america and on the entrepreneurship side. its crazy the support i see they give each other but i am also aware of the massive amounts of hate they give each other too.

its that we give each other so much hell while fighting the oppressors hell. niggas want to be the accepted one.

so while you are right about my idea.......we also cant complain about the way things are if we are not helping ourselves.

Well he did campaign for the black vote but then you’re telling me he shouldn’t do anything for black people.
im not saying he shouldnt.....whats the consequence if he doesnt?

black people want shit but what are the consequences for being overlooked?

But you are making yourself look stupid bro. You are double-talking and forgetting your talking points. What's worse, you can't even defend your position. Multiple cats have called you out on it.

You are in over your head in this thread.

Hotep Jesus on Twitter: White liberals recognize Kwanzaa but white  conservatives don't. And conservatives wonder why blacks won't vote  republican.… https://t.co/7S1rz0QUcm't. And conservatives wonder why blacks won't vote  republican.… https://t.co/7S1rz0QUcm
If I engage you will you agree to no access to the candy shop for a month? Yes or no? Since you want my attention.

im not saying he shouldnt.....whats the consequence if he doesnt?

black people want shit but what are the consequences for being overlooked?
He campaigned for the black vote, then when he gets asked for things to get done then its “he’s the president of the United States not the president of black America”

He campaigned for the black vote, then when he gets asked for things to get done then its “he’s the president of the United States not the president of black America”
aye bruh....i kinda agree with you.

but calling something for black people the platinum plan is offensive as hell and says just how serious he was going to take it.

people campaign for the black vote all the time.....what promises do they make to get it? most people avoid it just long enough to be seen wearing timberlands or doing the dougie.

we dont take ourselves serious enough so why should anyone one else?
people shit all over cube...for what...for stepping up and not being what they think he or anyone speaking for black should be?

we are so divirse and claim we are not a monolith yet want say whos black, whos foundational, and who cant speak.

where has it gotten us?

It clearly is the argument if we have to come up with reasons why he couldn’t do anything

I think many and most people feel he could’ve did more. Especially for things like police brutality and education and military shit. But we also know he was blocked from a lot of shit because he was a black president. You can’t say this happens because of race in regards to every other topic but the presidency. Folks talk about what he did for gays. Which he just allowed them to be married. And people look at that like he cared more for gays than straight black people.

aye bruh....i kinda agree with you.

but calling something for black people the platinum plan is offensive as hell and says just how serious he was going to take it.

people campaign for the black vote all the time.....what promises do they make to get it? most people avoid it just long enough to be seen wearing timberlands or doing the dougie.

we dont take ourselves serious enough so why should anyone one else?
people shit all over cube...for what...for stepping up and not being what they think he or anyone speaking for black should be?

we are so divirse and claim we are not a monolith yet want say whos black, whos foundational, and who cant speak.

where has it gotten us?
That platinum plan is/was some bullshit and considering that he is the sitting president what was stopping him from doing it now?

Next quote and you outta here. Either you agree to my terms or you stop quoting me.

Awwww...you mad and want to use your Mod powers because I don't agree with you.

Let me hit you up.

You want to 'Outta Here' me because:

1. I violated a rule? Which one?
2. You got your feelings hurt?
3. You got called out for spouting your ignorance?
4. You realize you are in over your head in this thread?
5. All of the above?

Keep in mind you could just put me on 'ignore'.

But you threatening me with your Mod powers means it is much more than that.

Be transparent in this.

That platinum plan is/was some bullshit and considering that he is the sitting president what was stopping him from doing it now?
you still looking at this wrong.

whats going to make him do it?

whats the consequence of him not doing it?

I think many and most people feel he could’ve did more. Especially for things like police brutality and education and military shit. But we also know he was blocked from a lot of shit because he was a black president. You can’t say this happens because of race in regards to every other topic but the presidency. Folks talk about what he did for gays. Which he just allowed them to be married. And people look at that like he cared more for gays than straight black people.
Democrats had control in his first term. What was the excuse then?

Back