Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Official Black Web Boxing Corner

test
https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-anthony-joshua-wants-right-his-wrong-msg--139845

Hearn: Anthony Joshua Wants To Right His Wrong at MSG

By Victor Salazar

New York - The boxing world is still buzzing about the recent heavyweight upset that happened at Madison Square Garden - when Andy Ruiz (33-1, 22 KO’s) stopped Anthony Joshua (22-1, 21 KO’s.

A few days later, Joshua invoked his rematch clause. Joshua has told his promoter Eddie Hearn that he wants the rematch back in New York. Hearn does not agree.

"AJ wouldn't be doing the wrong thing," Hearn told BoxingScene.com. "I admire his mindset to want to back to the US but he wouldn’t be doing anything wrong in taking the fight in the UK.”

Ultimately Joshua doesn't want that night to be remembered as his only Madison Square Garden moment.

"Joshua said... 'wouldn’t it be unbelievable if we were to right the wrong at the place it all went wrong,'" stated Hearn.

"I want the fight to be in the UK. The Garden, that night, it would always be there so I understand why he wants the fight there. We must win this fight. He said we're going to win this fight. Ultimately AJ will be the one to decide."

Hearn said that Joshua was back in the gym preparing because this time its different. This time he is the challenger.

"He had few days of sulking," explained the promoter. "He's excited about his return. You're a challenger now. He has to be excited."

Ruiz has stated that he wants $50 million dollars to fight Joshua in the United Kingdom.

Hearn understands the logic and hopes a deal can be made for the fight to happen in the UK. But it ultimately falls on one person - Anthony Joshua.

"Ruiz wants the fight here, it'd be a bigger advantage," Hearn said of Ruiz.

"You fought Ruiz in his home country and he should fight you in yours, but it will ultimately fall on Joshua on where the fight is."

Ruiz’s people need speak out so the general public knows what’s really in rematch clause portion of that contract.. Because Eddie once again is talking out of both sides of his mouth.. First he said the rematch had to take place in London based on the contracted rematch clause and now he’s saying AJ would be willing to fight in the US for the rematch...

https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-outlines-plan-get-lomachenko-vs-lopez--139847

Arum Outlines Plan To Get To Lomachenko vs. Lopez

By Ryan Burton

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum is very interested in matching top 2 pound-for-pound fighter Vasiliy Lomachenko (13-1) against rising prospect turned contender Teofimo Lopez (13-0).

In his last outing which took place in April, Lomachenko blasted out an overmatched Anthony Crolla to retain his WBA and WBO lightweight titles. Lopez fought a week later when he stopped Edis Tatli in 5 rounds.

Lomachenko previously stated that he would only fight Lopez if he had a world title. Arum outlined a plan to make both fighters happy.

“Lopez is fighting the Japanese guy (Masayoshi) Nakatani for the #1 position (with the IBF). If he wins then he will fight the Commey-Beltran winner. That fight is June 28th,” Arum told BoxingScene.com.

“Lomachenko then will fight Luke Campbell in England (for the vacant WBC lightweight title) so hopefully all 4 titles will be on the line next year if it’s Loma against Teofimo.”

Lomachenko-Campbell is expected to take place in the late summer with August 31st the likely date for the fight.

Richard Commey will be the betting favorite when he defends his IBF belt against Ray Beltran but Arum believes it would be a mistake to count out the 37-year-old former champion.

“Beltran is a warrior. He’s a really good fighter. Not a great technician but a gutty son of a fun. He is a tough out.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/joe-joyce-ruiz-showed-joshua-really-got-good-chin--139867

Joe Joyce: Ruiz Showed Joshua Doesn't Really Got a Good Chin

Joe Joyce was as shocked as anyone, when he saw Andy Ruiz put away Anthony Joshua in seven rounds on June 1 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

Joshua went down four times, before the contest was waved off in the seventh round by the referee.

Ruiz was a massive underdog and very few, if anyone, gave him a shot to win. Most observers predicted Joshua would win by knockout in the first six rounds.

Joyce and Ruiz were stablemates for a brief period - when both boxers were being trained by Abel Sanchez in Big Bear, California.

During their stint together, Joyce would have never expected Ruiz to one day topple Joshua for the WBO, IBO, WBA and IBF world heavyweight titles.

“Not in a million years. I saw Andy Ruiz in Big Bear and he was sparring with Charles Martin. But he was struggling to do two to four rounds and he didn’t want to spar me. I was just thinking it would be a walkover job for Joshua. Little did I know,” Joyce told Boxing News.

“I did a load more rounds with Martin. I think [Ruiz] was struggling with fitness, struggled with altitude and he wasn’t willing to spar me. I didn’t think Ruiz was that powerful a puncher,” Joyce said. “He must have really pulled out all the stops training for that fight."

If anything, Joyce believes the contest was a clear exposure of Joshua's chin.

Before suffering his first loss, Joshua had been dropped by Wladimir Klitschko, and he was rattled by Dillian Whyte and Alexander Povetkin.

“To see [Ruiz] be so calm under fire and counter, he’s really fast and came in low with quick shots. It startled Joshua. I think it shows how Joshua hasn’t really got a good chin. Once he gets hit he seems to be in trouble. Imagine him against Wilder… When he fought [Wladimir] Klitschko he was troubled but Klitschko didn’t have it to finish him off but Ruiz definitely did. I guess that was the difference," Joyce said.

https://www.boxingscene.com/andy-ruizs-father-we-want-wilders-belt-well-destroy-him--139868

Andy Ruiz's Father: We Want Wilder's Belt, We'll Destroy Him!

By Osiris Mendez, notifight.com

Upon his arrival to Mexico, Andres Ruiz, father of WBO, WBA, IBF, IBO heavyweight world champion Andy Ruiz, discussed the recent shocker that his son pulled off on June 1 - when he stopped Anthony Joshua in a massive upset at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

The elder Ruiz explained that their goal is to sweep the entire weight class - and there is only one more belt remaining, the WBC, which is held by Deontay Wilder.

Both Wilder and Ruiz are managed by Al Haymon and compete under the Premier Boxing Champions banner.

Ruiz dropped Joshua four times before the contest was waved off in the seventh round.

But before he can think about Wilder, both boxers have other obligations lined up.

Joshua has exercised an immediate rematch clause to fight Ruiz in the fall, and Wilder is facing Luis Ortiz in a rematch, also in the fall.

"We already won three belts that night in a fight where nobody had faith is us... only those of us who were part of the team knew that we could win, we always had confidence in taking the titles. Now we want Wilder's [title], we're going to destroy him, you're going to see. We just need that one [belt from the World Boxing Council]," said Andrés Ruiz, who was born in Mexicali, Baja California.

Andres Ruiz has no problem with his son taking the rematch with Joshua, because the first time around his son was a late replacement and only had a few weeks to prepare. They expect a much better camp this time around.

"It's best for Andy, and I do not have the slightest doubt of him winning. For this fight we had little preparation time, because we came in as a replacement, but with more time to prepare we will arrive much better. Many can say that they will win, but it is like a snake, you hypnotize them and they do not know what to do in the ring, so [Andy] has beaten everyone and will continue to do so," Andres Ruiz said.

"In addition to Joshua, there are many opponents for him... there is Wilder , and also there is Tyson Fury, a fight with him would also interest us. As I said, the main objective is to conquer all the titles and we only need one more."

Yeah, Joyce takes slow punching to the next level. When Joyce decides to throw a big punch that punch will first land a couple of rounds later.

He also fights like a man who's on a suicide mission. Joyce is a brutal KO waiting to happen.

i'm watching this shit like

"these are jabs?"
:uhhuh6:

i mean punch placement is good, power is good, balance is good.. but holy shit they slow

Joyce does punch slow he needs to find more snap in his punches, that would prolly make him more likely to get 1 punch KOs, as it is he lands heavy handed concussive punches that wears fighters down... Its weird he kind of turns his punches over wrong too really... But he does throw good combinations especially for a heavyweight, he has a helluva engine too...

I think he will make it to fringe world level, Im not quite sure he will become a champ... Like others have said before, he needs to move his head more...

https://www.boxingscene.com/video-bob-arum-on-pac-thurman-crawford-spence-more--139931

Video: Bob Arum on Pac-Thurman, Crawford-Spence, More
Video by Ryan Burton

LAS VEGAS – Ten minutes before the press conference was set to begin, Tyson Fury waltzed onto the stage at the David Copperfield Theater and started the proceedings early. The Tyson Fury Show had officially hit the Vegas Strip. (photos by Mikey Williams)
Fury (27-0-1, 19 KOs) will defend his lineal heavyweight title against undefeated German challenger Tom Schwarz (24-0, 16 KOs) Saturday at MGM Grand Garden Arena, live on ESPN+ (10 p.m. ET).

He commented on his challenger's good lucks and engaged in a pose-off with his adversary before the formal press conference got underway.

Rumors that Spence/Crawford might go down this fall

Arum talking that shit again I see.

Best fight to be made in all of boxing IMO.

Interesting since Spence vs Porter hasn't been signed yet. Somebody is lying there videos out that have Porter saying he signed and is waiting on Spence. Video out of Derrick James saying Spence signed months ago if I'm not mistaken.

https://www.boxingscene.com/andy-ruizs-coach-joshua-not-direct-rematch--139960

Andy Ruiz's Coach: Joshua Should NOT Do a Direct Rematch
By Miguel Rivera

If Manny Robles was the trainer of Anthony Joshua, he would not be taking the direct rematch with Andy Ruiz, but he is not the coach of the Briton. Robles is the head trainer of Ruiz, and he welcomes a direct rematch between the two at the end of the year.

Robles will allow Ruiz to rest for the remainder of June and then head back to work in July.

"In my opinion, if it's the direct rematch, that's better, (Andy) already did two fights in a row, it was 15 weeks of work," said Robles to ESPN Deportes. "If I were Joshua's coach, I would ask him to take a break, wait a year, choose to fight with someone else and do one or two fights before fighting with Ruiz."

But there will be a direct rematch, as Joshua activated the immediate rematch clause.

Robles is not alone in his position, as others like promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank are in agreement Joshua is making a big mistake in facing Ruiz right away.

Back on June 1 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, Ruiz dropped Joshua four times to secure a stoppage in the seventh round - and captured the WBO, IBF, IBO, WBA world titles.

Robles, a native of Guadalajara, has accepted that the task is greater and they must keep their feet planted on the ground.

"My duty as a coach is to keep him grounded on the floor, talk to him and not lose ground or humility, keep his feet on the ground, let's enjoy this for a few days and weeks, enjoy it with the media and then work. The commitment is bigger, the responsibility is bigger," Robles stated.

"We knew that if we won the championship, if we pulled off the surprise, our lives would change. But in reality you do not know to what extent this changes your life, by winning the championship fight we were going to change the history of Mexican boxing. We wanted Mexico to have its first heavyweight world champion, but we never imagined ourselves that it would happen in this way."

Back