Welcome To aBlackWeb

Your thoughts on this?

Race was in another thread and said 600 and 1400 ain’t enough and not real help.

I say the same thing and this cracker got the nerve.

@Marc123 i expect better from you

This is a longer quote from his Fox News (already raising red flags) interview:

"I don't believe in a stimulus check," Ramsey told Fox News host Bill Hemmer. "Because if $600 or $1,400 changes your life, you were pretty much screwed already. You've got other issues going on. You have a career problem, you have a debt problem, you have a relationship problem, you have a mental health problem, something else is going on if $600 changes your life."

"And that's not talking down to folks," he added. "I've been bankrupt, I've been broke and I work with people every day who are hurting. I love people. I want people to be lifted up."

He makes his living "mentoring" people on how they can "better themselves" financially. In his view, stimulus cheques are the equivalent of "pissing on a forest fire".

Personally, as someone making just a tad over minimum wage, $600 to 1400 dollars would do a hell of a lot for me. I can pay rent and eat well on what I already make, the cheque would give me extra security. Security is important. Security frees you up to do things you might not have had the means for. Even if that's just freeing time up for yourself to enjoy life and destress.

He seems to be confusing "life changing" and "livable". There's nothing wrong with livability. Livability is urgent, hence an immediate cheque. Life altering decisions, many of which have already come and gone and have set you in your current predicament? Changes aren't happening overnight.

Besides, how do u even define life changing? By what standard? Is that owning a sports car? A mansion? Being able to take yearly trips to Jamaica? Or is it is the more down to earth, important issues like health, housing, wages, education and careers?

My problem with a financial advisors take on these issues is that they tend to take the position of "Here's how you make lot's of money, here's how you work (or con) the system", not "Here's how we change the economy, society and politics to better ourselves". It's individualistic to its core. It's not attacking the roots.

Uh. I'm not sure why Dwayne is comin at me w so much force.

I'm not in the mood today. It's all good my g. I dont want no smoke.

You and this new member appear to have history. I'll politely step aside.

The venom is for him not you but you quoted him and didn’t even acknowledge the rest of my list I said but that’s cool.

@cracker. And yes 18 is a livable wage out here and many places in the south. Southern posters already confirm that for you and just like a cracker you don’t want listen to what black folks say. Disgust

Uh. I'm not sure why Dwayne is comin at me w so much force.

I'm not in the mood today. It's all good my g. I dont want no smoke.

You and this new member appear to have history. I'll politely step aside.
I don't know why pinky oh I mean riri mad at me.

Dude gonna be like redd foxx soon getting riled up and always mad.

I'm crying laughing as I type this.
? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I don't know why pinky oh I mean riri mad at me.

Dude gonna be like redd foxx soon getting riled up and always mad.

I'm crying laughing as I type this.
? ? ? ? ? ? ?

giphy.gif

I see what he saying...if you were living above your means with had bad spending habits and hella debt before the pandemmy, a stimmy aint gon fix your problem.

With that being said, a stimmy is designed to be a quick fix. Covid shutting the world down is out of anyone's control. Even ppl that was doing well are suffering rn so his point is moot.

Taxes will be eligible to be filed tomorrow

IRS gonna be delayed well into April

not the niggas that were in my thread telling me they were cool with dems lowballing us with $1400 checks (even tho we were told $2000 would be seperate of the $600 sent out in late december/jan) now in here talking about they want 3 to 5 thousand dollar stimmy checks

562C59A4-B705-49EC-A526-8CD7D60148C0.gif

???????? whew* the jokes write themselves

Back