Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Young Jeezy files for divorce after two years of marriage

test
Are ya'll married? Have you gone through the process of planning a wedding. Yeah, it's durress to have someone go through all that, and then put everything on the line at the last minute. If you want a pre-nup signed, you need to make that clear from the jump and not even proceed with wedding planning until its signed. Trying to get someone to sign that shit the day before the wedding is scumbag shit.

Under the circumstances you described, I don't understand why any woman in her right mind would still want to proceed with the wedding.

Much less sign the prenup without consulting an attorney.

Are ya'll married? Have you gone through the process of planning a wedding. Yeah, it's durress to have someone go through all that, and then put everything on the line at the last minute. If you want a pre-nup signed, you need to make that clear from the jump and not even proceed with wedding planning until its signed. Trying to get someone to sign that shit the day before the wedding is scumbag shit.
Nah bruh. Dont do that.

They can both sign it waaaay before.

a guy pulling it out last minute doesn’t favor the guy

Under the circumstances you described, I don't understand why any woman in her right mind would still want to proceed with the wedding.

Why not, when she can get around all that shit anyway in the divorce...🤷🏽‍♀️

Stop thinking like a man that sitting behind a desk with no pressure on him. Think about it from the standpoint of a woman who has been planning a wedding for months, has likely invested a lot of money, and has all her family and friends at the event likely at great costs on their own part. She's being told by someone she loves and trusts that she needs to sign the paper for the wedding to go through and he's promising her that it won't hurt her and is just a formality.

Maybe you wouldn't sign under those circumstances, but lots of women in that situation are going to opt with trying to keep the man they love and save themselves from embarrassment over doing the smart thing. You can say it's their choice, and it is, but there's no reason for those women to even be put in a situation where they have to make a choice under those circumstances. Again that's some scummy shit to do.

Nah bruh. Dont do that.

They can both sign it waaaay before.

a guy pulling it out last minute doesn’t favor the guy

Yes, the can both sign it waaaay before, so if the man is the one that is insistent that it be signed, he should get it signed before the planning starts not wait until the day before. And it most definitely does favor the guy if the pressure of the situation makes the chick more likely to sign at that moment than she would have months in advance.

• Haha
Reactions: GNS
Stop thinking like a man that sitting behind a desk with no pressure on him. Think about it from the standpoint of a woman who has been planning a wedding for months, has likely invested a lot of money, and has all her family and friends at the event likely at great costs on their own part. She's being told by someone she loves and trusts that she needs to sign the paper for the wedding to go through and he's promising her that it won't hurt her and is just a formality.

Maybe you wouldn't sign under those circumstances, but lots of women in that situation are going to opt with trying to keep the man they love and save themselves from embarrassment over doing the smart thing. You can say it's their choice, and it is, but there's no reason for those women to even be put in a situation where they have to make a choice under those circumstances. Again that's some scummy shit to do.

Yes, the can both sign it waaaay before, so if the man is the one that is insistent that it be signed, he should get it signed before the planning starts not wait until the day before. And it most definitely does favor the guy if the pressure of the situation makes the chick more likely to sign at that moment than she would have months in advance.
Are you talking in general or about this case.

Cuz, Jeannie wants to project a certain image and strength. Her previous marriage she didn’t want kids and was mean to dude. She admitted to being mean to Jeezy until he checked her. Sorry but u can’t see her being a woman like she projects being weak at the final moment. Can’t tell me otherwise.

As far as regular ladies, I still can’t see this. The amount of support a woman has in that day….her bridesmaids would not let that fly.
Her backing out from that type surprise …would have the support of most people.

Are you talking in general or about this case.

Cuz, Jeannie wants to project a certain image and strength. Her previous marriage she didn’t want kids and was mean to dude. She admitted to being mean to Jeezy until he checked her. Sorry but u can’t see her being a woman like she projects being weak at the final moment. Can’t tell me otherwise.

As far as regular ladies, I still can’t see this. The amount of support a woman has in that day….her bridesmaids would not let that fly.
Her backing out from that type surprise …would have the support of most people.

I'm talking about in general, and you're probably right that most women's peoples would probably be on their side if they felt the man was pressuring a woman into a bad choice. But again, what you seem to have a hard time understanding, is that people in positions like that don't always think things through clearly. The embarrassment of having your wedding cancelled the day before is enough have some chicks willing to do whatever a dude says.

I'm talking about in general, and you're probably right that most women's peoples would probably be on their side if they felt the man was pressuring a woman into a bad choice. But again, what you seem to have a hard time understanding, is that people in positions like that don't always think things through clearly. The embarrassment of having your wedding cancelled the day before is enough have some chicks willing to do whatever a dude says.
Cool cool cool

Unwilling to sign the prenup but willing to say yes.

Why can’t we question a persons mental capacity in the matter of hours?

The embarrassment of saying yes then say you made a decision under duress shouldn’t hold the same weight as saying “no, I won’t be forced into this”.

So, your post can make sense. But it can also not make sense.

These games with life that people play for money is why we are here.

It blurs lines. So who’s lion?

True. I think pre-nups should be more ironclad, but shenanigans like springing them at the 11th hour is part of the reason they aren't.
The reason fir the last minute con is because prenups are ironclad.
So again it goes back to …if she’s under duress to sign, isn’t she under the same duress to say yes?
Yet only one is challenged?

The reason fir the last minute con is because prenups are ironclad.
So again it goes back to …if she’s under duress to sign, isn’t she under the same duress to say yes?
Yet only one is challenged?

If the last minute con works then by definition prenups aren't ironclad.

I don't understand the rest of your post. Under the same duress to say yes to what?

But she doesn't say yes under duress. She agrees to do that at the proposal which usually happens months before the wedding. If dude was insisting on the pre-nup at the proposal and she signs, then the duress argument probably wouldn't hold for that either.
Yes and I do are the same at a wedding. I heard both used

Yes and I do are the same at a wedding. I heard both used

lol A woman doesn't first express her agreement to marry a man at the wedding though. She first agrees to marry him at the proposal. She reaffirmed that decision in the application for the marriage license that usually is submitted well before the wedding day. The "I do" at the wedding is largely ceremonial. What you're saying makes no sense.

lol A woman doesn't first express her agreement to marry a man at the wedding though. She first agrees to marry him at the proposal. She reaffirmed that decision in the application for the marriage license that usually is submitted well before the wedding day. The "I do" at the wedding is largely ceremonial. What you're saying makes no sense.
Marriage license -before
Marriage certificate - after

Wifey and I signed our certificate after the ceremony.
So the way I see it, if I bring up the prenup before the wedding…..she can say no or I don’t ( since we playing semantics) during the ceremony when asked or not sign a marriage certificate afterwards, but not signing after she just said yes or I do….ehhhh thats why a witness is present. Is this person in they right mind signing it?

Also some prenups are ironclad. To try to void it by saying you were under duress has nothing to do with the wording in the prenup……

Now in this jezzy situation, she’s trying to say she gets something because he cheated. That’s what it states in the prenup. But then she’s saying she was under duress when she signed it. But then that voids it. She has to pick one

Plus, shouldn’t that duress give a person hesitation to continue? And file to have the marriage annulled?

Marriage license -before
Marriage certificate - after

Wifey and I signed our certificate after the ceremony.
So the way I see it, if I bring up the prenup before the wedding…..she can say no or I don’t ( since we playing semantics) during the ceremony when asked or not sign a marriage certificate afterwards, but not signing after she just said yes or I do….ehhhh thats why a witness is present.

Also some prenups are ironclad. To try to void it by saying you were under duress has nothing to do with the wording in the prenup……

Now in this jezzy situation, she’s trying to say she gets something because he cheated. That’s what it states in the prenup. But then she’s saying she was under duress when she signed it. But then that voids it. She has to pick one

Plus, shouldn’t that duress give a person hesitation to continue? And file to have the marriage annulled?

I don't even get what you're trying to argue anymore. At the end of the day, there's no reason to hold off until the day before the wedding to spring a pre-nup on someone. A woman probably shouldn't sign under those circumstances, but many will because at that point they're thinking more with their hearts than their minds. If a dude uses slimey tactics to try and get the pre-nup signed, he shouldn't be rewarded for that. If he thinks it's the right thing to do, he should be up front about it and stand his ground whatever the cost.

I don't even get what you're trying to argue anymore. At the end of the day, there's no reason to hold off until the day before the wedding to spring a pre-nup on someone. A woman probably shouldn't sign under those circumstances, but many will because at that point they're thinking more with their hearts than their minds. If a dude uses slimey tactics to try and get the pre-nup signed, he shouldn't be rewarded for that. If he thinks it's the right thing to do, he should be up front about it and stand his ground whatever the cost.
But you are assuming this is what a guy did vs what a woman said happened.

You talking a person being slimey but why stay with a person like that? Why bring it up when a divorce is in action?

Just going by what you saying…..annulment is an option. Not signing the certificate is an option. Otherwise why bring it up?
Sooo who’s really slimey ?

But you are assuming this is what a guy did vs what a woman said happened.

You talking a person being slimey but why stay with a person like that? Why bring it up when a divorce is in action?

Just going by what you saying…..annulment is an option. Not signing the certificate is an option. Otherwise why bring it up?
Sooo who’s really slimey ?

Look bro, I'm specifically talking about a situation where a man intentionally waits until the day before to spring an ultimatum involving a pre-nup because he believes the woman will be less likely to refuse to sign at that point. That's what I'm calling slimey.

You talking divorce, annulment, not signing the certificate, etc... If a chick had a mind to do any of that, she probably wouldn't sign the pre-nup in the first place. I've already explained how the pressure of the situation can lead a woman in that situation into making a decision without thinking it through clearly. After the wedding is done, her mind likely isn't going to be on the pre-nup anymore. She's going to be more concerned with starting married life off well than with a document that only comes into effect if the marriage goes down the tubes.

Bruh, I'll be honest. I don't even think you know what you're arguing at this point. I think you just see this as a man vs woman debate, and you're happy to just blindly ride for the man's side.

Look bro, I'm specifically talking about a situation where a man intentionally waits until the day before to spring an ultimatum involving a pre-nup because he believes the woman will be less likely to refuse to sign at that point. That's what I'm calling slimey.

You talking divorce, annulment, not signing the certificate, etc... If a chick had a mind to do any of that, she probably wouldn't sign the pre-nup in the first place. I've already explained how the pressure of the situation can lead a woman in that situation into making a decision without thinking it through clearly. After the wedding is done, her mind likely isn't going to be on the pre-nup anymore. She's going to be more concerned with starting married life off well than with a document that only comes into effect if the marriage goes down the tubes.

Bruh, I'll be honest. I don't even think you know what you're arguing at this point. I think you just see this as a man vs woman debate, and you're happy to just blindly ride for the man's side.
Interesting that you typed all this then end it with me blindly siding with a man.

Back