Would you. . .

Yea on principle

But actually being there is pretty gross

My best friends boyfriends job wonā€™t let him take off or theyā€™ll fire him. He has a good ass job too and sheā€™s crying. The baby comes today.

Yea on principle

But actually being there is pretty gross

ay man.....on my second one they literally pulled her out and tried to hand her to me and I jumped back!!....i wasnt ready!!!

they at least wiped the other one down first and got the goop out her eyes and nose

nah, this time they did me like Jay Rock's plug and said "boop, here"

InbornUnknownFlounder-max-1mb.gif

My best friends boyfriends job wonā€™t let him take off or theyā€™ll fire him. He has a good ass job too and sheā€™s crying. The baby comes today.

if he's of any importance to the company he should worry about that later

they may write him up or some bullshit, but I doubt they fire him

now if he really doesnt matter, and/or has a lot of days off or lates idk

this should have been in place months ago tho

my job has a due date in the second trimester and im gone for a week

Depends.

If youā€™re a good asset, you could take the risk and write up.

If youā€™re not, is the job too good to let go because of pay? If so, Then no. As unfortunate as that is.

If itā€™s a shitty job that you could easily replace, then do it.

risk getting fired to be there for the birth of your first child?

I did, and I got fired. Happened when my son was born. I was contracting for this big ass company out in Tempe. Another cat had his son born and he was right back to work the next day. My son was born and they said he might have issues and they needed to keep him for a couple of days. That meant my ass was gonna be there for a couple of days as well. They kept tellin me I needed to come back in and I said "As soon as we're able to take him home, I'll be in". Born on a Friday, we took him home on Wednesday, got fired on Thursday. They actually canceled the contract for all of us because they had one of their own employees standing in for me and our procedures were so well written they found out they didn't need senior level Unix cats to do the job anymore; they just had one of their own rotating to do our job.

Nope!

With today's technologies, face time me and I'll be there when I can

Should have taken the days off and induced labor to ensure you don't miss it