Welcome To aBlackWeb

worst cities ever visted?

It’s a lot to do and still boring and bland. (I love it here though)

look at it like this

You visit Miami for the beaches, women and night life.
You visit NOLA for the Nightlife, food and culture
You visit Atlanta for the Nightlife and black businesses
You visit NY for the Nightlife and culture
You visit LA for the Nightlife, beaches, and women
You visit Denver for weed and snow activities

Now you fill this in for me.

You visit Dallas for........

@Rubato you can help me out too

...events your job or organization sent you to

....sporting events

That’s usually what gets em here lol

This thread is making me realize that I've visited more 'high profile' cities internationally than here in the states. For some reason, I never had any interest in hitting up spots like Miami, NO, etc.
But nah....essence 25 was the shit and try a jazz fest.

I love my family down there, but Shreveport has to be one of, if not the worst city I've been to.

Mind you, it's been decades since I've been there, but when I was there last, shit was KUNTRAY.

Baltimore
Came to say this. I'm from the south, and when I tell you I have never seen as much coon ass activity as I saw in a fucking majority black city as I did in the week I was in Baltimore in 2010 believe that shit. Every fucking day out there I came in contact with black on black racism. Got out of the taxi downtown at the Hilton, came in, front desk guy is another black man so I'm feeling at home. He looks up from the computer at me. Starts his welcome speech, sees me, and instantly frowns. I play dumb. I tell him my group's name and that we have reservations.

Nigga hits me with literal, "Pfft..." and puts his head down hits two keys then stares at the computer screen. The school's name is not two letters.

I'm with a group there for a writing center conference, so it's me and my guy Mark as the only two black guys in a group of white women repping our school. I ask my man what's the problem. I again give the group's name, he calls another brother out, and they both do the huddle-look at us-whisper shit until my director at the time comes over. White woman who wonders what's taking so long. Instantly, these niggas all teeth, and let us get your bags. That. Fast.

Shit never stopped.

Sisters at the bars? On bs. People in the stores. The whole downtown basically minus the one cat at the mall we went to who was quitting at GNC and sold us shit for pennies because "I quit anyway." Me and the homie decided we'd never go back after we sat in the Don Shula restaurant in the hotel for 20 minutes while the staff walked around us like they didn't see us, then said they'd be just a minute after we called them out, and never came back only to suddenly come to life when the white coworkers came. Literally, the only time shit got normal is when the white coworkers came around.

Never been apart of so much blatant self-hate racist shit in my life. Seven days there and every single day it was something that bold. Horrible.

Came to say this. I'm from the south, and when I tell you I have never seen as much coon ass activity as I saw in a fucking majority black city as I did in the week I was in Baltimore in 2010 believe that shit. Every fucking day out there I came in contact with black on black racism. Got out of the taxi downtown at the Hilton, came in, front desk guy is another black man so I'm feeling at home. He looks up from the computer at me. Starts his welcome speech, sees me, and instantly frowns. I play dumb. I tell him my group's name and that we have reservations.

Nigga hits me with literal, "Pfft..." and puts his head down hits two keys then stares at the computer screen. The school's name is not two letters.

I'm with a group there for a writing center conference, so it's me and my guy Mark as the only two black guys in a group of white women repping our school. I ask my man what's the problem. I again give the group's name, he calls another brother out, and they both do the huddle-look at us-whisper shit until my director at the time comes over. White woman who wonders what's taking so long. Instantly, these niggas all teeth, and let us get your bags. That. Fast.

Shit never stopped.

Sisters at the bars? On bs. People in the stores. The whole downtown basically minus the one cat at the mall we went to who was quitting at GNC and sold us shit for pennies because "I quit anyway." Me and the homie decided we'd never go back after we sat in the Don Shula restaurant in the hotel for 20 minutes while the staff walked around us like they didn't see us, then said they'd be just a minute after we called them out, and never came back only to suddenly come to life when the white coworkers came. Literally, the only time shit got normal is when the white coworkers came around.

Never been apart of so much blatant self-hate racist shit in my life. Seven days there and every single day it was something that bold. Horrible.
This sad as shit...

Never had experiences like that here in my life

Shit never stopped.

Damn that sounds crazy. In Maryland black people are united we don't even fraternize with white people heavy. Lol sounds like you were in Cecil county or some shit, as a Maryland resident for 25 years this story just sounds crazy lol

Damn that sounds crazy. In Maryland black people are united we don't even fraternize with white people heavy. Lol sounds like you were in Cecil county or some shit, as a Maryland resident for 25 years this story just sounds crazy lol
I ain't a 100% sure he's off... Sounds like he was in the tourist district... Down by the harbor where the white folks and the money be.... It's legit a different world down there... That's not real Baltimore... That's the Baltimore for the other side... Yeah it's niggaz at work... But I can see them on that bull shit he described

But if I had people coming in town... I'd invite them to chill places our people hang... Where our people be at where the real Baltimore vibe be at...

Like to be specific.... Say homie hit me like..

"Yo I'm in bmore... We been stuck down town, but my homie got a rental, so we tryna get into something"

I'd hit him back like

"Bet, just rolled up to this legion hall where they do crabs.... It's like $50 a dozen... But they good as fuck🤷🏿‍♂️"

received_626398684943910.jpeg received_797100917843094.jpeg received_2909401539378726.jpeg

Like homie said don Shula restaurant....I ain't even know that shit was a thing.... Shit... Hit up Moe's, captain James, I mean.... Hit Lexington market...faidley's got the best oysters and crab cakes arguably in the city.... And it's for the low..... Beers like $2 then you can go to the mezzanine and watch the fiends dance to live music fresh from the methadone clinic......

Shit different when a Baltimore nigga show you baltimore

Before I went to LA I would have said New York.

There was a homeless man laying in the middle of the road in LA I'm trying to help this man and people were looking at me like I'm crazy lmao

Oh and let me add that to the Baltimore experience. Straight up saw a real life Bubbles from The Wire out that bitch. Homie was "chasing" his scarf down the block. Took a step, dope fiend leaned down to get it but I guess was passing out and waking up mid lean so he'd step hard. The air pressure pushed the scarf just out of his grasp. So he repeated the process. Over. And over. We came out of Best Buy, saw Richard Pryor's daughter, turned the corner, and homie was dead-ass flat on his back broad daylight not breathing laying on a statue.

I go to touch him to make sure he's dead dead. Everybody's looking at me like I'm insane. He breathes so I let it alone. Weird shit.

I ain't a 100% sure he's off... Sounds like he was in the tourist district... Down by the harbor where the white folks and the money be.... It's legit a different world down there... That's not real Baltimore... That's the Baltimore for the other side... Yeah it's niggaz at work... But I can see them on that bull shit he described

But if I had people coming in town... I'd invite them to chill places our people hang... Where our people be at where the real Baltimore vibe be at...

Like to be specific.... Say homie hit me like..

"Yo I'm in bmore... We been stuck down town, but my homie got a rental, so we tryna get into something"

I'd hit him back like

"Bet, just rolled up to this legion hall where they do crabs.... It's like $50 a dozen... But they good as fuck🤷🏿‍♂️"

View attachment 555170View attachment 555171View attachment 555172
You're right. It was the harbor area. And real shit I would've rolled the fuck out on some, "Homie from the message boards said it's something to get into over here."

The only reason I wanted to go on the trip anyway is because we were going somewhere black again and I missed the trips to Savannah and Atlanta. What's crazy is we also went down to DC while we were out there. I was straight going to miss the DC trips because that's where I was expecting fuck shit, but DC showed us so much love I was going to move out there until a friend did and started telling me all the crazy terrorist threat tales and I was like I'm not really trying to be like, "Nah, they overreacting" with my luck and get popped lol.

It's crazy how much dope shit got phased out....

We used to have jazzy summer nights.... Just free live music shit... Random locations... Local and national acts..... Just hella black people outside having fun... No fights.... No shooting.... Only complaints was the excessive weed smoke in the air 🤷🏿‍♂️

Imagine being black..... Visiting Baltimore on one if these nights oblivious to this going on.

And imagine visiting and who ever you meet up with bringing you down here

Back