Welcome To aBlackWeb

Work Out, Get Fit Thread

I feel so sexy today I’m going to use that as motivation to do my kettlebell workout lol

Been experimenting w 1.5 reps lately. This shit will have you walking funny for a couple days if you never done it before

33B3F59C-B5E3-4941-A241-363892E8FD26.gif

What are the benefits of squats over leg presses? I switched to leg presses this week because my back hurts when I run. Felt a lot better on my last run too.

And here's my running activity for the week (Tuesday and Thursday).

7BE8D561-6C2A-4FFE-AB59-BFCAC2501334.png

My Thursday runs are slower because I take my 10 year old daughter out to run with me. My 14 year old son goes out with me both days. Trying to be a running family.

Also, weight training in gym Monday and Wednesday for at least 30 minutes.

What are the benefits of squats over leg presses? I switched to leg presses this week because my back hurts when I run. Felt a lot better on my last run too.
my personal opinion

i feel i get a better range of motion and it forces me to remain stable throughout the movement. You might not be able to do as much weight as with the leg press, but thats not necessarily a bad thing

I see dudes in the gym with about 10 plates on each side of the leg press machine. I honestly dont know if its working for them or not

my personal opinion

i feel i get a better range of motion and it forces me to remain stable throughout the movement. You might not be able to do as much weight as with the leg press, but thats not necessarily a bad thing

I see dudes in the gym with about 10 plates on each side of the leg press machine. I honestly dont know if its working for them or not
Yeah, I felt pretty boss with 4 plates on each side, lol. I'd never get that on a squat, so I do feel like squats are better in some way. It's just hell on my back. If I lower the weight, I don't feel like I'm getting anything out of it. It's too easy. But if I put the weight where I need it, my back hurts.

'Preciate the feedback.

Yeah, I felt pretty boss with 4 plates on each side, lol. I'd never get that on a squat, so I do feel like squats are better in some way. It's just hell on my back. If I lower the weight, I don't feel like I'm getting anything out of it. It's too easy. But if I put the weight where I need it, my back hurts.

'Preciate the feedback.
Your form could be fucked up

You should feel load pressure in ya lower back but stretches afterwards and arm hangs should alleviate that

'Preciate the feedback.
Lurk mentioned it

but if your back is hurting, you are probably rolling it at the bottom of the movement to overcompensate for too much weight

and dont let "light weight" trip you up. Shit, do 10x10 of 135lbs and see if you still saying that

Im sure that's Black Samsons pre pre warmup but do what works for you.

If im doing something that light, im strictly focusing on the form, explosion from the bottom of the movement and the squeeze at the top of the movement

Been a sloppy and unmotivated fuck for most of the new year but gonna try my damndest to work out 5 days a week and stop eating this crap I’ve been eating. It’s a process

And for those who are starting to squat, if you really wanna challenge yourself and see how strong your legs are, trying squatting without shoes on. It helps with balance

And for those who are starting to squat, if you really wanna challenge yourself and see how strong your legs are, trying squatting without shoes on. It helps with balance

If you doing this at a public gym, cop some yoga (nonslip) socks unless you wanna catch athletes foot

Back